+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

How do you stop this?

You have to twist Julio Jones' numbers a bit to make it work, and assume he'll be healthy in the future, but if you take the last six games the rookie dynamo has started and finished -- which excludes Atlanta's first game against New Orleans -- and lay the average out over a full 16-game season, you get 72 catches, 1,579 yards and 21 touchdowns. The yardage figure would be in the top 20 all-time, and the touchdowns would only be outranked by Jerry Rice in 1987 and Randy Moss in 2007.

Victor Cruz Was Second In Yac For People With 50+ Catches... Only behind Julio Jones

Re: How do you stop this?

[quote user="Gonzo88"]You have to twist Julio Jones' numbers a bit to make it work, and assume he'll be healthy in the future, but if you take the last six games the rookie dynamo has started and finished -- which excludes Atlanta's first game against New Orleans -- and lay the average out over a full 16-game season, you get 72 catches, 1,579 yards and 21 touchdowns. The yardage figure would be in the top 20 all-time, and the touchdowns would only be outranked by Jerry Rice in 1987 and Randy Moss in 2007.[/quote]

sack fumble. enter jpp

Veteran

[quote user="Gonzo88"]You have to twist Julio Jones' numbers a bit to make it work, and assume he'll be healthy in the future, but if you take the last six games the rookie dynamo has started and finished -- which excludes Atlanta's first game against New Orleans -- and lay the average out over a full 16-game season, you get 72 catches, 1,579 yards and 21 touchdowns. The yardage figure would be in the top 20 all-time, and the touchdowns would only be outranked by Jerry Rice in 1987 and Randy Moss in 2007.[/quote]</P>

Other than the TD's number, those are basically Victor Cruz's exact numbers. So my question to you is, how do you stop that?</P>
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran

[quote user="BigBlue wins"][quote user="Gonzo88"]You have to twist Julio Jones' numbers a bit to make it work, and assume he'll be healthy in the future, but if you take the last six games the rookie dynamo has started and finished -- which excludes Atlanta's first game against New Orleans -- and lay the average out over a full 16-game season, you get 72 catches, 1,579 yards and 21 touchdowns. The yardage figure would be in the top 20 all-time, and the touchdowns would only be outranked by Jerry Rice in 1987 and Randy Moss in 2007.[/quote]

sack fumble. enter jpp
    [/quote]</P>

Lol yup or Osi, or Tuck or Kiwi or Canty[]</P>
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="BigBlue wins"][quote user="Gonzo88"]You have to twist Julio Jones' numbers a bit to make it work, and assume he'll be healthy in the future, but if you take the last six games the rookie dynamo has started and finished -- which excludes Atlanta's first game against New Orleans -- and lay the average out over a full 16-game season, you get 72 catches, 1,579 yards and 21 touchdowns. The yardage figure would be in the top 20 all-time, and the touchdowns would only be outranked by Jerry Rice in 1987 and Randy Moss in 2007.[/quote]

sack fumble. enter jpp
    [/quote]</p>

Lol yup or Osi, or Tuck or Kiwi or Canty[]</p>[/quote]

Actually, the sack fumble is Osi's trademark. He hits the QB just right for the fumble.

Bench Player

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="Gonzo88"]You have to twist Julio Jones' numbers a bit to make it work, and assume he'll be healthy in the future, but if you take the last six games the rookie dynamo has started and finished -- which excludes Atlanta's first game against New Orleans -- and lay the average out over a full 16-game season, you get 72 catches, 1,579 yards and 21 touchdowns. The yardage figure would be in the top 20 all-time, and the touchdowns would only be outranked by Jerry Rice in 1987 and Randy Moss in 2007.[/quote]</P>

Other than the TD's number, those are basically Victor Cruz's exact numbers. So my question to you is, how do you stop that?</P>[/quote]

Brent Grimes from What I understand you will have CWebb on Roddy and Ross on Julio? that cant be good for the Giants

Veteran

[quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

Other than the TD's number, those are basically Victor Cruz's exact numbers. So my question to you is, how do you stop that?</P>

[/quote] Brent Grimes from What I understand you will have CWebb on Roddy and Ross on Julio? that cant be good for the Giants[/quote]</P>

Nhamdi couldn't contain Cruz and neither could Cromartie or Revis. Grimes is a solid CB no doubt but he just had knee surgery a few weeks back. I don't think it is even remotely possible that he is 100%. I'll take my chances with Cruz in that match-up every day of the week and twice on Sunday.</P>

Veteran

[quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote] Brent Grimes from What I understand you will have CWebb on Roddy and Ross on Julio? that cant be good for the Giants[/quote]</P>

No way will Ross always be on Jones one on one for the entire game. Giants don't play exclusively man coverage. They play zone more than anything with man press mixed in and have done more man press the last two weeks. Jones is a huge threat no doubt but the pass rush and different coverage looks will help contain him and White as well as Gonzalez.</P>

so basically what this Falcon fan is telling us is that if we make a TINY assumption that an NFL player will not get hurt during a season, and plays a full game, every game...that the player is good.

Fantastic.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Bench Player

[quote user="repeatchamps"][quote user="Gonzo88"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

Nhamdi couldn't contain Cruz and neither could Cromartie or Revis. Grimes is a solid CB no doubt but he just had knee surgery a few weeks back. I don't think it is even remotely possible that he is 100%. I'll take my chances with Cruz in that match-up every day of the week and twice on Sunday.</P>[/quote]

Good points, but Nhamdi isnt who he was in Oakland, multiple WR blew him up this year.

and the jets? we both know how terrible there locker room is and that was brought onto the field. I will give Cruz credit he has had a great year.

With Grimes, its not gonna be about how well he runs with cruz because he will have help over the top, its going to be how he baits Eli into an interception.