+ Reply to Thread

Redskins Safety Now Aiming Low: "Got To End Peoples' Careers"

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

The guy is trash, but it seems they took that quote out of context to angle him as a villain (surprise, surprise):

Actual quote:
    “I guess I’ve just got to take people’s knees out,” he said. “That’s the only way…I’d hate to end a guy’s career, you know, over a rule. But I guess it’s better other people than me getting suspended for longer.”

“To be honest, man, you’ve just got to go low now. You’ve got to end people’s careers, you know? You’ve got to tear people’s ACLs and mess up people’s knees now. You can’t hit them high no more. You’ve just got to go low.”

That came across as more of a criticism towards Goodell than a statement of intent.

Exactly Flip. That's why the smart players and coaches usually don't even give the media a single bread crumb to feed on.

New York Post is borderline toilet paper.

Merriweather is a piece of garbage. If Im not mistaken, he is that coward that was swinging his helmet when Miami and Florida International had that brawl on the field several yeard back.

He can be critical of the rules or Goodell all he wants, he just needs to learn to tackle properly. He's a pro now, and should know better.