+ Reply to Thread

Selling on these boards

Penny for your thoughts,

Re: Selling on these boards

For the most part, we are a family. Very few people are out there trying to gouge our fans. If a member of these boards can offer seats/parking passes/memorabilia, etc. at a family price, what's the harm? Most people list these items on e-bay for a substantial mark up. If they want to sell items cheaper, knowing that one of ours can benefit from the discount, why shouldn't we let them? I'd be willing to sell an item a bit cheaper if I knew it was going to a fan.
    Of course, we should limit sales to established members to avoid spam. Maybe make selling items only available to those with an established post count? Maybe make a new category for sales, minimum post count 1000 to sell anything, with the Mods having the final say on all posts?

No thanks. There's enough crap to sift through as it is.

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]For the most part, we are a family. Very few people are out there trying to gouge our fans. If a member of these boards can offer seats/parking passes/memorabilia, etc. at a family price, what's the harm? Most people list these items on e-bay for a substantial mark up. If they want to sell items cheaper, knowing that one of ours can benefit from the discount, why shouldn't we let them? I'd be willing to sell an item a bit cheaper if I knew it was going to a fan.
    Of course, we should limit sales to established members to avoid spam. Maybe make selling items only available to those with an established post count? Maybe make a new category for sales, minimum post count 1000 to sell anything, with the Mods having the final say on all posts?[/quote]

I agree, but I think the post count and dated joined can go hand-in-hand. Just because a guy/gal has a high post count doesn't make him any better then someone with say 100 posts, who says quality stuff as opposed to people who just ramble.

I belong to a photography site that has a "sales" section and it works very well. Most things are paid with Paypal or one of the other types of account which give you a little reassurance. The site also charges a fee so you can post things which is like $25 per year which is a bargin in my opinion and helps maintain the site. You can post feedback on the seller which then helps to know who you are dealing with. I've bought a $1,600 camera from a person and have sold about $5K worth of equipment.

I sell tickets to friends and if they want they can pay me through Pay-pal so they can put things on a Credit card.

I think it would be a good Idea to have a sales section/forum here.

The only problem I see here, is that this site is part of the "Giants Organization", and they promote the use of NFL - Ticket Exchange, it would be a conflict of interest.

Hadn't considered the "conflict of interest" point, but you're right. In that vein, though, that's one fan to another, and akin to scalping. The general idea in play though, is that I would prefer a fan to fan exchange over a business man to fan exchange. I'm sure "we" could find a way to help each other out. Not saying the Mods would condone such a thing... just saying.. things happen......

Beats unknowingly selling your seats to an Eagles fan for a home game...

[quote user="Jet-Blue"][quote user="redbeardxxv"]For the most part, we are a family. Very few people are out there trying to gouge our fans. If a member of these boards can offer seats/parking passes/memorabilia, etc. at a family price, what's the harm? Most people list these items on e-bay for a substantial mark up. If they want to sell items cheaper, knowing that one of ours can benefit from the discount, why shouldn't we let them? I'd be willing to sell an item a bit cheaper if I knew it was going to a fan. Of course, we should limit sales to established members to avoid spam. Maybe make selling items only available to those with an established post count? Maybe make a new category for sales, minimum post count 1000 to sell anything, with the Mods having the final say on all posts?[/quote] I agree, but I think the post count and dated joined can go hand-in-hand. Just because a guy/gal has a high post count doesn't make him any better then someone with say 100 posts, who says quality stuff as opposed to people who just ramble. I belong to a photography site that has a "sales" section and it works very well. Most things are paid with Paypal or one of the other types of account which give you a little reassurance. The site also charges a fee so you can post things which is like $25 per year which is a bargin in my opinion and helps maintain the site. You can post feedback on the seller which then helps to know who you are dealing with. I've bought a $1,600 camera from a person and have sold about $5K worth of equipment. I sell tickets to friends and if they want they can pay me through Pay-pal so they can put things on a Credit card. I think it would be a good Idea to have a sales section/forum here. The only problem I see here, is that this site is part of the "Giants Organization", and they promote the use of NFL - Ticket Exchange, it would be a conflict of interest.[/quote]If the site wants to add a separateplace to sell stuff I have no problem with that but it has no place here, where we should be talking Giants football. The ability to buy or sell stuff in this area detracts from the enjoyment of being here.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I'm a psl holder who didn't get parking for this game. Been giant fan all my life...but don't wanna pay $125 for parking. Would pay $50, $60 if anyone has extra and meet anytime before game.

[quote user="jomo"]If the site wants to add a separate*place to sell stuff I have no problem with that but it has no place here, where we should be talking Giants football. The ability to buy or sell stuff in this area detracts from the enjoyment of being here.[/quote]

I agree, a seperate section / forum would be the way to go.