+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Reese wakes up

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That is the oddest interpretation I've seen in a while.
    I like Pugh. I don't think it was good value at 19. This is difficult to understand?
    Anybody who thinks the OL play has improved because one of the worst OL in the league has started the last two games, is completely clueless about the game of football....and therefore his opinion about Pugh not being worth the 19th overall pick is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    You said and i quote "Reese picks in rounds thru 3-7 have been a COMPLETE bust" by this statement your wrong, dont get mad cause you said it. Also J. Williams was a big part of the Defense in our 2011 superbowl run, he has dropped off since then but you rtalking about a 6th rd comp pick there. I'm sure there is more instances when 3-7 draft picks have helped but I dont have time to do the research at work right now.
    Williams has started to pick up his play lately, too.

All the players drafted 3-7 in the '07 draft played well for at least a couple seasons, save for Alford whom got hurt in '08. One of those guys is a multiple Pro-Bowler at his position.

From '08 both Manningham and Goff were good players, though Goff's career was cut short by injury,

Andre Brown is the only notable from the '09 draft.

2010 was a bust. Petrus looked like he was going to be a game, but fell off a cliff. Also no fault of Reese's that Chad Jones was involved in a horrific car accident that almost killed him.

From '11, Williams is looking good, and Sash was an excellent STer while he was here. You don't expect much more than that from a 6th rounder. The jury is still out on Jernigan and Brewer, though neither has looked exceptionally promising.

From 2012, Hosley has looked promising, though injuries have held him back this season. Kuhn has flashed, though he might now be caught up in a numbers game. The jury is still out on Mosely and Robinson.

Way too early to even think about discussing this year's class, but Moore flashed in preseason and will likely be a solid player. Cox looks like he'll be a serviceable back up running back. The jury is out on all those players still, including the ones not mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why?

If you have an immediate need you address it in free agency. the draft is for picking prospects and developing them,,,especially when you're picking down the draft like we were.
    I'm not going to disagree with you about free agency...it was a very lopsided free agency....it was as if Defensive Tackle was the only weakness on the team. And then, they go for Hankins in the 2nd, and he can't even get on the field. When you throw in the fact that Hankins was basically a response to the Marvin Austin disaster, that's a **** ton of attention paid to a narrow slice of the field.

Imagine if we had taken one OL in free agency, and had drafted an OL in the 2nd instead of Austin....this team would likely be alot better right now....but that's all coulda/woulda/shoulda talk with the benefit of hindsight.

As far as free agency and the offensive line, I much prefer working through the draft for that. Baas is a cautionary tale about going the free agent route.....he was expensive, he quickly peaked, and now they have to deal with replacing the guy a few years after he signed....all told a huge waste.

Free agency is okay for patching a line, but in terms of a long term rebuild, the Pugh pick made alot of sense to me.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-29-2013 at 06:11 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    You have got to go
    lmao
    Close or you hit the bricks

I really think we should be happy about the 2 wins we got. I mean it is a step in the right direction.
    Going by how weak the NFC east is believe it or not were not dead yet. Now if we lose 2 or 3 games
    the rest of the way we are done and something NEEDS to get done about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And if Vineterri doesn't kick some very clutch FGs, then the Pats don't have any SB wins with Brady.

Essentially...

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

You can only use if with the future. The past has already happened, and it isn't changing.
    You have one wild family Drezzy.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And if Vineterri doesn't kick some very clutch FGs, then the Pats don't have any SB wins with Brady.

Essentially...

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

You can only use if with the future. The past has already happened, and it isn't changing.
    You are the guy at the party telling jokes and the only one laughing is you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    You are the guy at the party telling jokes and the only one laughing is you.

You are the guy at the party who is sitting in the corner all alone on your nintendo ds

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsrangers View Post
    You are the guy at the party who is sitting in the corner all alone on your nintendo ds
    You go to parties that have Nintendo?

To the people who think Reese didn't build the 07 superbowl team because he didn't have the title of GM before that season try again. He was the director of pro personnel. He had more than a hand in building this team then. His first ever draft class was incredible.

He has done an outstanding job. Give the man the credit he deserves. Trying to give EA all the credit for 2007 is one of the most idiotic things ever mentioned on this message board.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

+ Reply to Thread