+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 85

Thread: Reese wakes up

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    To the people who think Reese didn't build the 07 superbowl team because he didn't have the title of GM before that season try again. He was the director of pro personnel. He had more than a hand in building this team then. His first ever draft class was incredible.

    He has done an outstanding job. Give the man the credit he deserves. Trying to give EA all the credit for 2007 is one of the most idiotic things ever mentioned on this message board.
    What about the last six drafts and the salary cap mismanagement. You are choosing to totally ignore that and give Reese a free pass?

    "From 2007 to 2012, Reese’s picks have amassed a total AV of 336, which is third-worst among the nine other longterm GMs and well below the league average 371."
    Last edited by moosedrool; 10-29-2013 at 10:37 PM.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    You go to parties that have Nintendo?


    Not me but you do

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    To the people who think Reese didn't build the 07 superbowl team because he didn't have the title of GM before that season try again. He was the director of pro personnel. He had more than a hand in building this team then. His first ever draft class was incredible.

    He has done an outstanding job. Give the man the credit he deserves. Trying to give EA all the credit for 2007 is one of the most idiotic things ever mentioned on this message board.
    You're aware that the GM has the final say on the drafting decisions correct? Yeah Reese was head of pro personal from 04-07, but... Ernie makes the call on who is drafted. Reese is under the GM, not the other way around. If fans can give credit for Reese being head of player personal, why can't fans give credit to the man who made the draft picks?
    How bout you give credit to Ernie for building a winning formula, he set this team up and got the roster set for when Reese became GM in 07.
    But like you just mentioned, it's really the other way around. No one gives credit to Ernie, they just scoff the idea that Ernie was the GM, they just credit Reese for all he has done.

  4. #64
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,171
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    You are the guy at the party telling jokes and the only one laughing is you.
    And see, that's the thing. I'm not joking. Your point about Tyree and Welker are moot. You can't talk ifs, because in case you do, you can "if" everything to make everything come out completely differently.

    I can just as easily say, what if in 42 Smith didn't let that pass bounce off of him for a pick and we end up scoring a TD. We end up not needing the Tyree play, as we already have the lead.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    To the people who think Reese didn't build the 07 superbowl team because he didn't have the title of GM before that season try again. He was the director of pro personnel. He had more than a hand in building this team then. His first ever draft class was incredible.

    He has done an outstanding job. Give the man the credit he deserves. Trying to give EA all the credit for 2007 is one of the most idiotic things ever mentioned on this message board.
    So if we use YOUR logic, Reese is NOT responsible for the 2011 SB championship. That honor would go to Marc Ross correct?

  6. #66
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,171
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    You're aware that the GM has the final say on the drafting decisions correct? Yeah Reese was head of pro personal from 04-07, but... Ernie makes the call on who is drafted. Reese is under the GM, not the other way around. If fans can give credit for Reese being head of player personal, why can't fans give credit to the man who made the draft picks?
    How bout you give credit to Ernie for building a winning formula, he set this team up and got the roster set for when Reese became GM in 07.
    But like you just mentioned, it's really the other way around. No one gives credit to Ernie, they just scoff the idea that Ernie was the GM, they just credit Reese for all he has done.
    While Ernie still had final say, much like Reese has now, Reese built the boards that Ernie from which Ernie was drafting. Which is why under Ross the drafts haven't been quite as good as they were under Reese.

  7. #67
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    So if we use YOUR logic, Reese is NOT responsible for the 2011 SB championship. That honor would go to Marc Ross correct?
    No, because no one is claiming that Ross hadn't had anything to do with that SB win.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    You can't talk ifs, because in case you do, you can "if" everything to make everything come out completely differently.
    You are a strange human being.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    You are a strange human being.


    He is right,what ifs can create alot of demented scenarios

  10. #70
    They win as a team and lose as a team. However, some things have a very plain reason for happening. The overall passion and drive to play football has been drained from this team. The " physicality" as TC calls it. Reese and Co. believes it's coming back because we won 2 games. He's dreaming! The drafting has been marginal and FA has spent a lot more $$$ than what's on the roster.

    The 2 best things that have happened here are BEASON & HILL! Both of them could bring a change in our locker room, strange as it may seem!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts