+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Reese wakes up

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    What about the last six drafts and the salary cap mismanagement. You are choosing to totally ignore that and give Reese a free pass?

"From 2007 to 2012, Reese’s picks have amassed a total AV of 336, which is third-worst among the nine other longterm GMs and well below the league average 371."
    The methodology behind AV is guess work at best. It might work for baseball, but it's beyond flawed for football.

You are a strange human being.
    No, I just understand the laws of logic and reasoning, something with which you struggle with mightily.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsrangers View Post
    He is right,what ifs can create alot of demented scenarios
    Exactly, if we are allowed to entertain "what if" scenarios, we can easily just say "what if" about any play.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You have one wild family Drezzy.
    You don't know the half of it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    You have got to go

WOW 1st time I've ever agreed with you.........The pick ups of Beason, Hillis, and BJ of late have made Reese look like the ultimate Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    So if we use YOUR logic, Reese is NOT responsible for the 2011 SB championship. That honor would go to Marc Ross correct?
    Please don't mention logic when your suggesting the notion that one man built a football team.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

What about the last six drafts and the salary cap mismanagement. You are choosing to totally ignore that and give Reese a free pass?

"From 2007 to 2012, Reese’s picks have amassed a total AV of 336, which is third-worst among the nine other longterm GMs and well below the league average 371."
    You want to fire him after assembling two superbowl championship teams in seven years?

You always preface these draft picks that were "bad" and the baas contract which you think was "bad"...

Tell me something, when we won in 2011 did you have a problem with Baas then? Were you dissecting reese's drafts and nitpicking each pick? Guarantee you weren't. Guarantee you were praising the man.

Hindsight is always 20/20.. Easy to nit-pick now.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    You're aware that the GM has the final say on the drafting decisions correct? Yeah Reese was head of pro personal from 04-07, but... Ernie makes the call on who is drafted. Reese is under the GM, not the other way around. If fans can give credit for Reese being head of player personal, why can't fans give credit to the man who made the draft picks?
    How bout you give credit to Ernie for building a winning formula, he set this team up and got the roster set for when Reese became GM in 07.
    But like you just mentioned, it's really the other way around. No one gives credit to Ernie, they just scoff the idea that Ernie was the GM, they just credit Reese for all he has done.
    I give a lot of credit to EA. It takes more than one person to assemble a championship caliber football team. This notion though that EA was some kind of a genius here is a joke. Reese has been the GM of two superbowl winning teams. Why is Reese all of the sudden the fall guy? Take a look at the mans entire body of work. Its exceptional. Every GM would gladly sign up for a crack at his recent success. Show me another GM who has been perfect with drafts and FA signings. There is none. Enjoy JR, He has been tremendous in his short time here.

The ignorance in this thread is astounding. I don't even know where to begin.

- Reese is a good GM. Plain and simple.

- Reese had more to do with our Super Bowl rosters than many of you had to do with the preparation of your breakfast in the morning.

- Pugh is a good player and will likely start for years, but we didn't get maximum value for him/our pick at 19.

- Beason was a great pick up. Referring to him as old and injury prone completely disregards what his done with an NY on his helmet. AKA its willful ignorance.

- Claiming that we can't count our Super Bowl victories because of what the odds against Tyree's catch or Welker's drop is absurd. Guess the Patriots don't beat the Raiders in the Tuck Rule game and they most definitely don't beat the Rams in that Super Bowl. Vikings beat the Falcons in 1998/1999 (Gary Anderson NEVER misses!!!). Etc, etc ad nausium.

I'd go on but my head hurts from bad logic and my heart hurts for the state of the world knowing people actually feel justified thinking like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    No, I just understand the laws of logic and reasoning, something with which you struggle with mightily.
    He resorts to insults when he's lost the argument.

+ Reply to Thread