+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 157 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1699

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,124

    2013/2014 NEW YORK KNICKS THREAD. GO KNICKS!!!!

    With the opener now only 1day away(holy crap!!!), we can start talking about are beloved boys in orange and blue! With the additons of Metta World Peace, Andrea Bargniani, Beno Udrich, Tim Hardaway Jr, and the resigning of Kenyon Martin Prig, and Jr smith, and SHump going into yr 3, of what i think is gonna be his 1st AS appearence of many, and Melo,stat, Chandler, Felton also all returning, were in for a awesome season!



    THis team is crazy deep! I raved about the drafting of Tim Hardaway Jr and was fully on board with the trade for Andrea, and i'm also on record right now, as saying, this team will go further in the postseason then they did last yr! Confrence Finals at worst!

  2. #2
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,124
    I actually think the additon of Andrea Bargniani is gonna be a brilliant one, as now we can spread the floor and if they wanna crash on Melo, he can kick it out to just about anyone on the court, and they can make em pay. Also, even though he can't rebound, Chandler and Barg's are a couple big boys out there, so the rebounding should be fine with the starting 5, with Melo, Shump, and felton filling out the starting 5.. Bargs dosen't have to be the man anymore and can play pressure free for the most part(it is NYC), and Melo will find himself a new best friend on the court. I think Bargs/Melo is gonna be a match made in heaven! Also, i think Shump is gonna be a AS this yr, and Kenyon and Metta bring a nice little nastiness to this yrs bunch.. Also, Udrich is a super awesome under rated signing. Another guy who can stroke it from deep and take over starting duties if need be, and can dish it, and shoots a very high FT pct, and is a smart savy pg. Prig, Felton,and Udrich is quality PG play..

  3. #3
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,428
    Promise you will not overreact this year to every little thing?

  4. #4
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Promise you will not overreact this year to every little thing?
    I may get alittle hot headed, but i'm never gonna stop speaking what i truly feel. I won't sugar coat just because a players on one of my beloved teams. I have very high hopes for this team. Alot of people think we didn't do much this offsesason and certainly not enough to be better then last yrs team, but i disagree. I'm 100pct on board with this team. Its time this team hits on all the promise we've been made through all the yrs of crappy teams, and waiting for the FA period to get Stat and the trade for melo..etc We made the 1st rd one yr. We made it to the 2nd rd the next yr, and now its time for Confrence Finals or better.. So ya, i'm gonna be a bit annoyed if they don't play well, and if they are sucking, i may have some choice words..lol

  5. #5
    KNICKSTAPE

    definitely excited for this year. if everything falls in place both health and chemistry wise, this team can potentially go all the way.

  6. #6
    Here's hoping Bargnani makes me feel stupid for doubting him!
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

    Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

    GO GIANTS!

  7. #7
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,124
    My Top 5 storylines for this yr for Knicks..


    1). Bargniani- How will he fit with Melo and JR and Stat? I think hes gonna fit very well, and can pull bigs away from under the hoop, letting guys like Shump and Felton attack more then they'd be able 2. Also, Bargs is another guy who can rip it from 3 and score. We seen how bad we needed more scoring in the postseason last yr and now we got a guy who avg'd 20plus just a couple yrs ago..

    2). Shump going into yr 3- This is a big yr for the soon to be superstar. Yr 3 is usually a big yr for young players in any sport. Hes already shown a improved outside shot and jumper to go with unreal athletic ability and defensive prowess. Hes to the knicks what Paul George is to the pacers.

    3). 3headed PG Monster- How will Woodson handle the PG positon? Last yr, he played 2 often, but with the depth of this team, i don't see him being able to do that as often, albeit, Udrich could probably play some 2guard as well, as he can score and shoot.. All 3 guys deserve at least some minutes every game in my opinion and it'll be interesting to see how Woodson figures out the min's for them.

    4). The Rook hardaway- I loved the pick and he looked like a long range assasin in the preseason. I'm very excited to see him and what he'll do with his minutes as a rookie. He could be one of the steals of the 1st rd..

    5). Artest/Metta - Hes home! Need i say more!

  8. #8
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,428
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I may get alittle hot headed, but i'm never gonna stop speaking what i truly feel. I won't sugar coat just because a players on one of my beloved teams. I have very high hopes for this team. Alot of people think we didn't do much this offsesason and certainly not enough to be better then last yrs team, but i disagree. I'm 100pct on board with this team. Its time this team hits on all the promise we've been made through all the yrs of crappy teams, and waiting for the FA period to get Stat and the trade for melo..etc We made the 1st rd one yr. We made it to the 2nd rd the next yr, and now its time for Confrence Finals or better.. So ya, i'm gonna be a bit annoyed if they don't play well, and if they are sucking, i may have some choice words..lol
    I'm all for not sugarcoating anything, I totally understand. I hate sugarcoating when this team ****s up over and over.

    At the same time, it's sometimes discouraging to see you call the players losers and what not. I don't know, I just wouldn't do that. I'm mad at them but I know they are working hard and trying (for the most part).

    Anyway, I really hope this team stays healthy and stays focused. I'm excited to see what Metta, Andrea, and Hardaway Jr. can bring to the table.

  9. #9
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm all for not sugarcoating anything, I totally understand. I hate sugarcoating when this team ****s up over and over.

    At the same time, it's sometimes discouraging to see you call the players losers and what not. I don't know, I just wouldn't do that. I'm mad at them but I know they are working hard and trying (for the most part).

    Anyway, I really hope this team stays healthy and stays focused. I'm excited to see what Metta, Andrea, and Hardaway Jr. can bring to the table.
    To each there own.

  10. #10
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,428
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    To each there own.
    I know I know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts