+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 169 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1688

Thread: 2013/2014 NEW YORK KNICKS THREAD. GO KNICKS!!!!

  1. #1611
    He is worthless

    Max???? Are you crazy.........just dump him
    Every team he has ever left has gotten better.......hes a ball hog with a bad jump shot shooting percentage

    his only talent is going to the hoop.......and he's usually too lazy to do that

  2. #1612
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,323
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    He is worthless

    Max???? Are you crazy.........just dump him
    Every team he has ever left has gotten better.......hes a ball hog with a bad jump shot shooting percentage

    his only talent is going to the hoop.......and he's usually too lazy to do that
    Have to agree. We don't need to strap the team with another max contract of 5 years for 129million.. It would kill us. We are just coming to the point where we'd be out from under all these bad contracts in about a year. Phil needs to think twice about giving melo the max. He needs to build a title contender over next two or three seasons and giving Melo the max is not the way to start out to accomplish that goal
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  3. #1613
    Melo gets offered the super max.. He takes less and looks like a hero.. Everybody wins.. Phil is a boss

  4. #1614
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    He is worthless

    Max???? Are you crazy.........just dump him
    Every team he has ever left has gotten better.......hes a ball hog with a bad jump shot shooting percentage

    his only talent is going to the hoop.......and he's usually too lazy to do that
    Easily the best post I have seen from you, jakk. He is simply a ball stopper.
    Close or you hit the bricks

  5. #1615
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    3,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Melo gets offered the super max.. He takes less and looks like a hero.. Everybody wins.. Phil is a boss
    Exactly... Phil thinks things way ahead. He offered the max. Melo can go against his word and accept the max, he can go against his word and sign with another team, or he could sign with a discount (which I think he does), or if he does leave Phil can say he did everything in his power to keep Melo. I mean really Phil set things up so he looks good no matter what. He really puts pressure on Melo to live up to what he said by taking a pay-cut and staying in NY

    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

  6. #1616
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    3,764
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    He is worthless

    Max???? Are you crazy.........just dump him
    Every team he has ever left has gotten better.......hes a ball hog with a bad jump shot shooting percentage

    his only talent is going to the hoop.......and he's usually too lazy to do that
    When you say "every team he has ever left has gotten better"... 'Cuse has not won a 'ship since Melo left... Denver got a better deal because our FO is a complete joke and gets ripped off every single trade until Phil pulled that Mavs trade... I mean how can you honestly put that on one player.

    He shot poorly because no one else could consistently score. He felt like he had to win himself most of the nights... which most games won were when Melo played efficiently.

    He is not worthless. I think he desperately wants to win a 'ship. He needs to trust his teammates more and his teammates need to perform better.

    He has much more talent than just going to the rack. He has a very quick jump to get offensive rebounds, he can shoot it with the best of them, he is strong as hell going to the rack, and he is clutch. He is a flat out scorer. In the triangle I think he would excel and I think he would compete better on D if the rest of the squad would make it a little more easier instead of every game is on his shoulders

    That's just my opinion... I might be the only one that feels that way but I wanted to mention how I felt about the situation.

    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

  7. #1617
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,013
    Strick, your inbox is filled, but if you want in on the GMB FF league, let me know.

  8. #1618
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,013
    Oh, and basketball blows. Outtie 5000.

  9. #1619
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,225
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I honestly think Phil is a great "chess player" when it comes to stuff like this. Carmelo has said he wants to come back to NY and would take a paycut. Phil told him the max is on the table. He can either leave and betray NY, take the max and go against his word, or do the right thing and take a discount to help assemble the rest of the squad.

    Just like the whole Shumpert trade situation... that was being leaked from the Knicks and it never went through. Then out of no where Phil swings a steal of a deal sending Chandler and Felton to the Mavs. The same thing could be happening with the Pau Gasol deal. It could all be a smoke screen for a bigger/different play.

    But if they do indeed sign Melo and manage to get Pau as well that will really set them up nicely for 2015 getting Marc Gasol. Calderon is apparently like best friends with the Gasol's and his brother would be on the team.

    Imagine a 2015-2016 starting line-up of

    PG-Calderon
    SG-THJ
    SF-Melo
    PF-Pau Gasol
    C-Marc Gasol

    that lineup in the triangle would be insane. The Gasol's are great passing big men, Calderon is a great passer and his cash from 3, Hardaway is a good scorer already, and Melo is Melo. If they could pull that off somehow with some defensive/energy specialists off the bench that would be a really dangerous team.

    That being said regardless if Melo signs or not (I think he stays and for a little less than max) I think Phil will put together a legit championship contender in the next 3 year at least.
    Of course Melo isn't gonna take less then the Max from what I understand. If he takes the full max, is there a chance we could still get Pau and Marc this yr and next?

  10. #1620
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,225
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    When you say "every team he has ever left has gotten better"... 'Cuse has not won a 'ship since Melo left... Denver got a better deal because our FO is a complete joke and gets ripped off every single trade until Phil pulled that Mavs trade... I mean how can you honestly put that on one player.

    He shot poorly because no one else could consistently score. He felt like he had to win himself most of the nights... which most games won were when Melo played efficiently.

    He is not worthless. I think he desperately wants to win a 'ship. He needs to trust his teammates more and his teammates need to perform better.

    He has much more talent than just going to the rack. He has a very quick jump to get offensive rebounds, he can shoot it with the best of them, he is strong as hell going to the rack, and he is clutch. He is a flat out scorer. In the triangle I think he would excel and I think he would compete better on D if the rest of the squad would make it a little more easier instead of every game is on his shoulders

    That's just my opinion... I might be the only one that feels that way but I wanted to mention how I felt about the situation.
    Hes a talented player, no doubt, but he shoot such a high volume of shots, and isn't really elite at anything but scoring. Theres just something about his game that has lead none of the teams hes been on in his career to really even sniff a title. Lebron had Cle in the finals for godsake.lol Melo prob had one of his best yrs ever last season and the team didn't even make the postseason. I"m with you that hes talented and Im not bummed hes on the team, the guy can do some things. I just think Phil had the perfect chance to start over fresh about as quick as anyone trying to build a franchise from scratch could've ever wanted.

    We could've essentially had all the bad contracts off the book going into FA'cy next yr with a 1st rd pick(would be pretty early as well).. So you got your cap space, draft picks, and some young pieces all ready in place(timmy,early,larkin.etc), and a solid, unselfish PG whos better then Derek Fisher ever was, and he was solid for Phil in LA.

    I know this might sound wierd, but i'm really hoping we resign Aldrich. I think if you play that guy, your gonna get production, period. The guy was the 11th pick a few yrs ago, and didn't do extremely well right away and has basically vanished. Hes a beast defender, and can move fairly well for such a big bodied dude and can score on occasion. I think he might end up finally hitting on the potential he had as the 11th pick in 2010.. I know hes on the Summer League team, I just hope they sign em and make him the direct backup to Dalembert, and who knows, maybe he'll get more time as yr goes on....

    Back to Melo.. I do think hes gonna be really good in Phil and Fish triangle offense...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts