+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 170 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 NEW YORK KNICKS THREAD. GO KNICKS!!!!

Quick poll...

Lets get the vibe of Knicks fans on here before the first game...

Forget the playoffs..

Yes OR No?

At seasons end..

Will we be the best team in NY?

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

My Top 5 storylines for this yr for Knicks..

1). Bargniani- How will he fit with Melo and JR and Stat? I think hes gonna fit very well, and can pull bigs away from under the hoop, letting guys like Shump and Felton attack more then they'd be able 2. Also, Bargs is another guy who can rip it from 3 and score. We seen how bad we needed more scoring in the postseason last yr and now we got a guy who avg'd 20plus just a couple yrs ago..

2). Shump going into yr 3- This is a big yr for the soon to be superstar. Yr 3 is usually a big yr for young players in any sport. Hes already shown a improved outside shot and jumper to go with unreal athletic ability and defensive prowess. Hes to the knicks what Paul George is to the pacers.

3). 3headed PG Monster- How will Woodson handle the PG positon? Last yr, he played 2 often, but with the depth of this team, i don't see him being able to do that as often, albeit, Udrich could probably play some 2guard as well, as he can score and shoot.. All 3 guys deserve at least some minutes every game in my opinion and it'll be interesting to see how Woodson figures out the min's for them.

4). The Rook hardaway- I loved the pick and he looked like a long range assasin in the preseason. I'm very excited to see him and what he'll do with his minutes as a rookie. He could be one of the steals of the 1st rd..

5). Artest/Metta - Hes home! Need i say more!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    Quick poll...

Forget the playoffs..

Yes OR No?

At seasons end..

Yes. The depth of our team from Melo to Chandler, to Amare, to Hardaway, to Shump, to Felton, to JR, to Prig, to Udrich, to Kenyon, to Artest, and Bargs, this team is incredible deep. I think our depth will be to much for teams to overcome. We got scorers and bigtime players gonna be out there at all times..

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    Quick poll...

Forget the playoffs..

Yes OR No?

At seasons end..

Yeah I think they Nets are Lakers 2.0.. look nice on paper but no depth at all. If Amare can stay healthy we could make a deep playoff run for sure!

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

They are deep which should help us pull out some games against teams that are not as deep and get in foul trouble. However they didn't look all that great in pre season. Now I know games don't count but we said same thing about giants and were. 2-6
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    They are deep which should help us pull out some games against teams that are not as deep and get in foul trouble. However they didn't look all that great in pre season. Now I know games don't count but we said same thing about giants and were. 2-6
    I agree that they didn't look that great during the preseason but one person that I think showed me a ton was Shumpert. He looks like he can carry over that shooting that he showed in that final playoff game vs the Pacers. He looks to be getting his explosiveness back as well. Last year he was more of a shooter and defender than what he was his rookie year when he was shutdown and was an freak athlete. Some of the plays I saw him driving to the hoop in the preseason make me think that he will have his explosiveness or very close to it of his rookie year and even improved shooting from last year! I love watching him play, and I loved how he was pissed off after the loss to the Pacers where a few of the other players on the team were content and thought they had a good season. Shump wants a 'ship bad!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gxlo58d8RQ If he can bring shooting like this we could be dangerous

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

JR Smiths brother Chris Smith is on the team this yr. I'm interested in Cole Aldrich C as well. He was the 12th pick a couple yrs ago and hasen't panned out but hes the long true C on our bench, and if he can ever get in the rotation, maybe he could become a Omar Asik type for us?

I gotta admit, Dantoni's lakers look great in there season opener against the Clips. They are playing a extrmely deep roster and former knicks 1st rd pick Jordan Hill is really turning into a nice little piece. I actually woulden't mind having Jordan Hill in NY.. He's a younger Kenyon Martin.. Dantoni said there going 10/11 deep every night. They might of found a forgotten man in Xavier Henry who was brilliant..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I gotta admit, Dantoni's lakers look great in there season opener against the Clips. They are playing a extrmely deep roster and former knicks 1st rd pick Jordan Hill is really turning into a nice little piece. I actually woulden't mind having Jordan Hill in NY.. He's a younger Kenyon Martin.. Dantoni said there going 10/11 deep every night. They might of found a forgotten man in Xavier Henry who was brilliant..
    They looked ok.. Its only one game lol.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Hey.. GAMEDAY!

GO NY, GO NY, GO!

+ Reply to Thread