+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 170 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Banned
    typical*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    all in all on road at Chicago I was impressed with the comeback. Didn't seal the deal but something to build off of. They way people were talking on Bulls boards was like they were going to blow us out and have an easy walk over game

who cares, they lost

Post presence? Points in the paint? How does a modern-day NBA team get by without emphasizing these foundational things?

If Chandler can stay healthy great!

But what we need are forwards willing to get scuffed up in the paint? It's not only "2 games" either. Just like our Giants and the settling of Fgs over TDs in the redzone so it seems, these Knicks from D'Antoni to Woodson now, appear allergic to penetrating the post.

When you merely glance or glimpse at such teams as the Nets, Bulls, Pacers, Grizzlies, Heat or Clippers; you'll notice that they are fearless when it comes to that paint. They are looking to score or otherwise draw that foul to get put on the line.

It is a young season but I was NEVER happy with the Bargnani(sp) deal or even Pablo or Felton remaining.

I love STAT's heart but he needs to go to open up some cash flow, and frankly we need a top tier quality at 1G. I feel Shumpert is our best asset as well as Hardaway Jr...

I like Melo but he's NOT clutch,that's not his game. Frankly I think we all know he bails out at season's end and just like Shockey or Osi, I say adios.
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 11-01-2013 at 11:13 PM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Post presence? Points in the paint? How does a modern-day NBA team get by without emphasizing these foundational things?

But what we need are forwards willing to get scuffed up in the paint? It's not only "2 games" either. Just like our Giants and the settling of Fgs over TDs in the redzone so it seems, these Knicks from D'Antoni to Woodson now, appear allergic to penetrating the post.

When you merely glance or glimpse at such teams as the Nets, Bulls, Pacers, Grizzlies, Heat or Clippers; you'll notice that they are fearless when it comes to that paint. They are looking to score or otherwise draw that foul to get put on the line.

It is a young season but I was NEVER happy with the Bargnani(sp) deal or even Pablo or Felton remaining.

I love STAT's heart but he needs to go to open up some cash flow, and frankly we need a top tier quality at 1G. I feel Shumpert is our best asset as well as Hardaway Jr...

I like Melo but he's NOT clutch,that's not his game. Frankly I think we all know he bails out at season's end and just like Shockey or Osi, I say adios.

What we need is to get a few players who are nasty in the paint like you said. Knicks are a bunch of cowards in the paint

again, are problem is scoring points, end of story. We got Kenyon martin, Tyson Chandler, and Metta World Peace for the gritty defensive types.. Are problem is scoring, which we haven't done in either game yet..

scoring's not the prob NYCsportz, once again the turnovers killed us early, the fact the bulls went cold and drose turned it over a few times gave us a spark.

in the last 5 games against the bulls we now have lost all of them, I hoped the other night our guys would turn that around.

KMart, Artest and Tyson, on paper and in their prime? wow. But at this stage i their careers I don't know. I am optimistic, as best as I can be, but last night the Nets beat that *** and despite that near comeback by the Heat, proved what good depth from the bench can bring.

I want physicality in the paint. period, end of story.

scoring's not the prob NYCsportz, once again the turnovers killed us early, the fact the bulls went cold and drose turned it over a few times gave us a spark.

in the last 5 games against the bulls we now have lost all of them, I hoped the other night our guys would turn that around.

KMart, Artest and Tyson, on paper and in their prime? wow. But at this stage i their careers I don't know. I am optimistic, as best as I can be, but last night the Nets beat that *** and despite that near comeback by the Heat, proved what good depth from the bench can bring.

I want physicality in the paint. period, end of story.
    The Nets need 1 more guard.I think if they can make a trade for 1 more bench scorer thay would be the front runner to beating the HEAT. The Front court with Blatche and Kirlenko has outstanding depth. Garnett and Lopez looked great together at times.

I saw the Knicks picked Ricky Davis in the D league draft This was in an SI article Ricky Davis "Perhaps best known for missing a shot at his own basket so that he could secure a rebound that would give him a triple-double" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The Nets need 1 more guard.I think if they can make a trade for 1 more bench scorer thay would be the front runner to beating the HEAT. The Front court with Blatche and Kirlenko has outstanding depth. Garnett and Lopez looked great together at times.
    I don't acknowledge a rivalry BUT I am kind of proud of how BK is composed. But "Once a Knick, always a Knick."

Bargs was horrific on defense yesterday. Ive seen enough, we need to start Artest at PF.The Knicks are -31 with Bargs on the court this season.
    I cant wait for JR Smith to be back , Hardaway is not ready for these minutes he killed us yesterday.