+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1699
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    You sure? I thought they didn't have a pick for like 3 years
    they don't have this year's pick (2014) from the melo trade and don't have the 2016 pick from the bargs trade (denver already owned the rights to swap from the melo trade)

you probably thought that because in talks about potential trades it's always mentioned that the knicks don't have any picks to trade (until 2018 i think), which they don't... due to the rule (i think it's a rule from the new CBA) that you can't trade first round picks in back to back years.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 02-23-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    they don't have this year's pick (2014) from the melo trade and don't have the 2016 pick from the bargs trade (denver already owned the rights to swap from the melo trade)

you probably thought that because in talks about potential trades it's always mentioned that the knicks don't have any picks to trade (until 2018 i think), which they don't... due to the rule (i think it's a rule from the new CBA) that you can't trade first round picks in back to back years.
    Gotcha, This is true... and this rule is the only reason we have the picks.. They'd be gone without it

Knicks pooched it with the trade deadline. They had a real chance at moving some pieces to truly create a future for the franchise, now that chance is missed.

They better pray to god that Melo truly loves NYC and his conscience of knowing that the organization completely sold out for him keeps him here. If they lose Melo and the top pick in the draft in the same offseason, they would truly be the laughing stock of the league.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

I don't get the NBA. You ever watch some of these teams that are supposed to be so good? They always play like crap. The bulls/Heat game is disturbingly bad. Is LeBron James and Kevin Durant the only 2 good players in basketball?

Oh ya, forget the Knicks. By far the most embaressing franchise in sports. That includes Snooker.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Oh ya, forget the Knicks. By far the most embaressing franchise in sports. That includes Snooker.
    This team is cooked.. It's painful to watch..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Gotcha, This is true... and this rule is the only reason we have the picks.. They'd be gone without it
    lol very true. that rules saved them from themselves. probably would have traded all our picks for some old washed up vet.

All-Pro
    Another bad start smh

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I don't get the NBA. You ever watch some of these teams that are supposed to be so good? They always play like crap. The bulls/Heat game is disturbingly bad. Is LeBron James and Kevin Durant the only 2 good players in basketball?
    The NBA is awful, how many teams could seriously win the title?

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post

They have 1 total draft pick in the next 3 years, The 2015 pick which could be the 1st overall if Melo leaves. This is why I would of traded Melo and everything we have for draft picks in 2014 and 2015. This way the Knicks could rebuild in 1 season with young players and cap space but alas we will forever be awful.

Melo is a great player but by the time the Knicks are able to get a capable roster around him in 3 seasons he will be done. I know soon as he signs that ridiculous contract he will tear his knee up because that is the Knicks
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-24-2014 at 09:24 PM.