+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 170 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1699
    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...is_shared=true

Just heard that we at least tried to get Kevin love. Of course they said no.

I feel the need......THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I fully understand what your saying but as a whole, there is a place for a one dimensional scorer(see monta ellis) in this league and always will be. I fully understand what your saying but those guys are needed to make a complete team. You want a mix of defenders, scorers, and mix of both. Look how good HOU is with James Harden. His defense is embaressing and he had HOU as a true contender. Yes I know Howard was there but he made very little difference with the Lakers and has his own weaknesses on the court. At least Timmy is long and a fairly long strider, which can help him guarding.
    Monta Ellis averages 20 ,4 and 5 for his career he is pretty good, he is high usage though last year Elllis was fantastic . I saw a stat that Hardaway was the worst rebounder in NBA history for guys over 6' 6"
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-26-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Monta Ellis averages 20 ,4 and 5 for his career he is pretty good, he is high usage though last year Elllis was fantastic . I saw a stat that Hardaway was the worst rebounder in NBA history for guys over 6' 6"
    Yeah but Ellis has played in uptempo system for most part.. GS was like that and Dallas is 2 a degree.. He wasen't that good when you put him in a Mil Bucks type half court style.. Timmy is our biggest bright spot as far as young player on the rise. I agree he needs to get more agressive as a rebounder, but as long as hes a above avg 3pt shooter, FT shooter, and scorer, he'll be fine in my book.. Instant offense off the bench in the mold of a John Starks, and JR Smith type player.. I'd like to see Timmy pack on 5-8lbs of muscle.

Yeah but Ellis has played in uptempo system for most part.. GS was like that and Dallas is 2 a degree.. He wasen't that good when you put him in a Mil Bucks type half court style.. Timmy is our biggest bright spot as far as young player on the rise. I agree he needs to get more agressive as a rebounder, but as long as hes a above avg 3pt shooter, FT shooter, and scorer, he'll be fine in my book.. Instant offense off the bench in the mold of a John Starks, and JR Smith type player.. I'd like to see Timmy pack on 5-8lbs of muscle.
    He is definitely the Knicks best young player thats for sure.
    The Knicks desperately need someone that can defend or at least rebound at the forward position. The problem on this roster is Amare and Bargs are both hugely negative players that can never play with each other. Last year a lineup with Amare at C , Bargs at PF , Melo at SF was negative 46 points in 43 minutes. Its so frustrating if we could trade 1 of those large contracts for a player worth that much this team would be so much better. We are pretty much stuck until we clear them.The only time the Knicks saw positive play with Bargs on the floor was at Center. Bargs is actually a good man defender and has the size to play Center they just need to put a beast rebounder next to him. I wonder if they can revisit the Faried talks.
    Im really curious to see the lineup FIsher sends out there. Dalembert was a more productive player per minute than CHandler was last year and while he isnt better he is better value for the dollar.This is the Knicks most balanced lineup and may be the best way to finish games.

Dalembert
    Smith
    Melo
    Jr Smith
    Caledron

When building a rotation playing certain players together though is a bad idea so Amare or Bargs will probably have to start or 1 never plays.

Dalembert
    Bargs
    Melo
    JR smith
    Caledron

Amare
    J Smith
    Shumpert
    Hardaway
    Prigs

He is definitely the Knicks best young player thats for sure.
    The Knicks desperately need someone that can defend or at least rebound at the forward position. The problem on this roster is Amare and Bargs are both hugely negative players that can never play with each other. Last year a lineup with Amare at C , Bargs at PF , Melo at SF was negative 46 points in 43 minutes. Its so frustrating if we could trade 1 of those large contracts for a player worth that much this team would be so much better. We are pretty much stuck until we clear them.The only time the Knicks saw positive play with Bargs on the floor was at Center. Bargs is actually a good man defender and has the size to play Center they just need to put a beast rebounder next to him. I wonder if they can revisit the Faried talks.
    Im really curious to see the lineup FIsher sends out there. Dalembert was a more productive player per minute than CHandler was last year and while he isnt better he is better value for the dollar.This is the Knicks most balanced lineup and may be the best way to finish games.

Dalembert
    Smith
    Melo
    Jr Smith
    Caledron

When building a rotation playing certain players together though is a bad idea so Amare or Bargs will probably have to start or 1 never plays.

Dalembert
    Bargs
    Melo
    JR smith
    Caledron

Amare
    J Smith
    Shumpert
    Hardaway
    Prigs

There is no way I can put together lineups and be happy with what I see. The Knicks could get away with Bargs at Center if Shumpert and Jr Smith start at the Guard spots. As long as Bargs isnt forced to be a help defender he can be effective.

Bargs
    J Smith
    Melo
    Jr Smith
    Shumpert

The frustrating part of this is the Knicks have some pieces that fit the system. Even though are Point Guards can't defend anyone offensively they are perfect for the triangle. Prigs and Caledron were the 2 best 3 point shooting PG's in the NBA last year. The more I look into their advanced stats the more comfortable I get that both will have a net positive result when they are on the court.

Next year is huge for the Knicks , If they strike out on Gasol who is their number 1 target, I think Milasap could be a nice 2nd tier get . I dont think the Knicks necessarily have to max out another player. If they can find 2 or maybe even 3 high quality guys in the 8-12 million range that are ideal for the system they might be a better team overall. A guy like Aaron Affalo or Wesley Matthews both would be lights out in the triangle. The Knicks could get a combination of Asik , Affalo or Matthews and Faried. or something like Mozgov, Milasap, Affalo or Matthews.

Asik
    Faried
    Melo
    Affalo
    Caledron

Also multiple good players like that leaves the door open for trades down the line when Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond become FA's

resign Dalembert , we still have Hardaway, the full MLE, draft a PF in the first round, Lakrin , Early, maybe Thansis . That team could win the East. It might not look like it on paper but their skills mesh perfectly in the system. Asik is a skilled big that you can run your offense through, Affalo and Caledron are lights out 3 point shooters, not to mention another 1 in Hardaway. A frontcourt of Asik Faried and Melo would give the team 3 of the best rebounders in the NBA at their position.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-28-2014 at 11:04 AM.

The frustrating part of this is the Knicks have some pieces that fit the system. Even though are Point Guards can't defend anyone offensively they are perfect for the triangle. Prigs and Caledron were the 2 best 3 point shooting PG's in the NBA last year. The more I look into their advanced stats the more comfortable I get that both will have a net positive result when they are on the court.

Next year is huge for the Knicks , If they strike out on Gasol who is their number 1 target, I think Milasap could be a nice 2nd tier get . I dont think the Knicks necessarily have to max out another player. If they can find 2 or maybe even 3 high quality guys in the 8-12 million range that are ideal for the system they might be a better team overall. A guy like Aaron Affalo or Wesley Matthews both would be lights out in the triangle. The Knicks could get a combination of Asik , Affalo or Matthews and Faried. or something like Mozgov, Milasap, Affalo or Matthews.

Asik
    Faried
    Melo
    Affalo
    Caledron

Also multiple good players like that leaves the door open for trades down the line when Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond become FA's

resign Dalembert , we still have Hardaway, the full MLE, draft a PF in the first round, Lakrin , Early, maybe Thansis . That team could win the East. It might not look like it on paper but their skills mesh perfectly in the system. Asik is a skilled big that you can run your offense through, Affalo and Caledron are lights out 3 point shooters, not to mention another 1 in Hardaway. A frontcourt of Asik Faried and Melo would give the team 3 of the best rebounders in the NBA at their position.
    Totally agree about not needing to just go max player and call it day. We got our 1st rd pick next yr and all of a sudden we are getting something together with said 1st rder, and Early, and Timmy, and possibly Larkin, and I hope Aldrich, and of course Melo..etc Now you add a couple very good players instead of 1 Max player and your getting deep..

I love the idea of adding Millsap. Hes a better version of Anthony Mason and brings toughness, rebounding ability, and yet another scorer to the table.
    Lets say we add Millsap, Asik(or R.Lopez), and Amir Johnson.. All of a sudden we got one nice front court and can use our DP for a back court player to go with Timmy, Calderon, JR, D.Pick.. Our FC would be Asik,Millsap,Melo,Early,Amir, Aldrich?..

A roster like this would be nice

C- O. Asik/ R.Lopez
    PF- P.Millsap
    SF- C.Anthony
    SG- T.Hardaway Jr.
    PG- J.Calderon

Ben- JR Smith
    Ben- C.Early
    Ben- A.Johnson
    Ben- S.Larkin
    Ben- Draft Pick
    Ben- C.Aldrich

By the way, a couple early Draft hopefuls for next yr for me are Willie Cauley-Stein, Andrew Harrison, and AJ Hammons. A super bleak PG class next yr....

Do u guys think with Paul Georges injuries they become sellers? David West while 33 years old is the type of big man passer the triangle thrives on. I wonder if the Knicks looked into Josh Mcroberts I was going through his advanced stats and his assist , turnover, usage numbers are outstanding. The Heat signed a really good productive per minute player. He would of been a perfect signing going forward as we ration out are assets.

Looking at 2015 I dont think the Knicks will be able to pry Marc Gasol away so they will be picking through Milasap, Dragic, Affalo players like that. What do you guys think about Al Jefferson. The Knicks would likely have to max him out. He has been on bad teams his whole career and plays no defense . These are the the type of guys im afraid we will overpay.

Do u guys think with Paul Georges injuries they become sellers? David West while 33 years old is the type of big man passer the triangle thrives on. I wonder if the Knicks looked into Josh Mcroberts I was going through his advanced stats and his assist , turnover, usage numbers are outstanding. The Heat signed a really good productive per minute player. He would of been a perfect signing going forward as we ration out are assets.

Looking at 2015 I dont think the Knicks will be able to pry Marc Gasol away so they will be picking through Milasap, Dragic, Affalo players like that. What do you guys think about Al Jefferson. The Knicks would likely have to max him out. He has been on bad teams his whole career and plays no defense . These are the the type of guys im afraid we will overpay.
    You have to think that we aren't the same old Knicks anymore. Gone are the days go going after one hit wonders like Jerome James or overpaying for players like stat. I like al Jefferson and Paul milsap, but I don't see us getting either. Now Marc gasol sounds intriguing. I think 12 mil a year would do it. I also think that we have a legit chance at Durant in two years. Just because we resigned melo doesn't mean we are out of the Durant sweepstakes.

I feel the need......THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!