+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170
Results 1,691 to 1,699 of 1699
  1. #1691
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Do u guys think with Paul Georges injuries they become sellers? David West while 33 years old is the type of big man passer the triangle thrives on. I wonder if the Knicks looked into Josh Mcroberts I was going through his advanced stats and his assist , turnover, usage numbers are outstanding. The Heat signed a really good productive per minute player. He would of been a perfect signing going forward as we ration out are assets.

    Looking at 2015 I dont think the Knicks will be able to pry Marc Gasol away so they will be picking through Milasap, Dragic, Affalo players like that. What do you guys think about Al Jefferson. The Knicks would likely have to max him out. He has been on bad teams his whole career and plays no defense . These are the the type of guys im afraid we will overpay.
    Yeah, David West would be great in Phil Jackson offense. I would be excited to get Al Jefferson. Hes a huge reason Charlotte is turning it around down there and brings a beastly low post pressence who has a solid mid range jumper as well. I'd be pretty stoked if they got Millsap and Jefferson. That'd be a pretty great starting 5, thats for sure..

    I think we'll over pay a Robin Lopez and sign Paul Millsap in the end, and obviously we'll have our 1st rd pick.. Hopefully that will be enough with the guys we got to go deep the season after this one..

  2. #1692
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    4,093
    Knicks traded Wayne Ellington and Jeremy Tyler plus unprotected a 2nd round pick the Knicks already gave the Kings for Travis Outlaw and Quincy Acy.

    I mean this is obviously not huge win for the Knicks when it comes to a trade like the Mavs trade but they got rid of a SG who was never really going to see the floor and Tyler who is promising and I personally did like his game. Tyler probably would have seen little minutes as well and I don't think Phil liked his game. We need more true rebounding hustle guys. Acy has nice bounce and is a high energy guy. Plus I heard he has improved his jumper. Outlaw adds depth at SF but not sure how much he has in the tank

    PG- Calderón, Larkin, Pablo
    SG- Shumpert, JR, Hardaway Jr.
    SF- Melo, Early, Outlaw
    PF- Amare, Bargnani, Acy
    C- Dalembert, Aldrich, Jason Smith

    I listed those guys in no particular order. Honestly that is a really balanced roster now. 3 at each position. Acy improves the defense at the PF position which is needed and Outlaw is a vet and adds depth at SF.

    Not a bad trade overall I think... I'm interested to see if Phil makes any more moves

    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

  3. #1693
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    4,093
    I'm liking the trade more and more honestly. It's not as high profile as the Mavs trade but it evens out the position and brings in a guy like Outlaw who MAYBE have a comeback in the triangle and we get rid of Tyler and add a guy in Acy who IMO is the best player in that trade and has a higher ceiling than Tyler. Plus he is a major energy guy. I bet he becomes a fan favorite off the bench.

    Get rid of two players who weren't going to get mins more than likely and add to guys who could be decent role players for sure

    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

  4. #1694
    Starter PETE MAVERICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Miramar, CA
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I'm liking the trade more and more honestly. It's not as high profile as the Mavs trade but it evens out the position and brings in a guy like Outlaw who MAYBE have a comeback in the triangle and we get rid of Tyler and add a guy in Acy who IMO is the best player in that trade and has a higher ceiling than Tyler. Plus he is a major energy guy. I bet he becomes a fan favorite off the bench.

    Get rid of two players who weren't going to get mins more than likely and add to guys who could be decent role players for sure
    +1. Knicks for life. That title is coming next year. In Phil Jackson I trust


    I feel the need......THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!

  5. #1695
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE MAVERICK View Post
    +1. Knicks for life. That title is coming next year. In Phil Jackson I trust
    He reminds me of a Reggie Evans type guy with a better offensive game. Idk if he is at Evans' level of rebounding but he is that kind of energy guy IMO. He throws down some pretty damn nasty dunks

    This is from D-League last year... obviously not the best competition but shows he can shoot pretty nice for a PF



    VS the Knicks last year (Might have been pre season)



    Quick Highlight




    I mean obviously these are just short clips but it is clear that he is a high energy guy and the Knicks could really use that on their team. I just watched a video of Outlaw vs the Thunder last year and he looked solid offensively. He was shooting it really well. Maybe he could be a pretty solid role player in the triangle because it opens up a lot of open shots

    As for the title.. Idk if it is coming this year but I honestly believe that Phil will get this team to the Finals within the next 3 years. The 2015-2016 year might be the best chance to do it. Amare and Bargnani come off the books and it opens up room for a Max player and extra cash to fill out the rest of the roster!

    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

  6. #1696
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,098
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I'm liking the trade more and more honestly. It's not as high profile as the Mavs trade but it evens out the position and brings in a guy like Outlaw who MAYBE have a comeback in the triangle and we get rid of Tyler and add a guy in Acy who IMO is the best player in that trade and has a higher ceiling than Tyler. Plus he is a major energy guy. I bet he becomes a fan favorite off the bench.

    Get rid of two players who weren't going to get mins more than likely and add to guys who could be decent role players for sure
    I remember Acy from Baylor but not much in the pros. Energy is a good way to describe his game. Outlaw is only 29yrs old after all these yrs. So i'd imagine hes got something left in the tank. Both players have length and both can at least not be totally left alone behind the arc. I think they got better even if only a tad.

  7. #1697
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,098
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    He reminds me of a Reggie Evans type guy with a better offensive game. Idk if he is at Evans' level of rebounding but he is that kind of energy guy IMO. He throws down some pretty damn nasty dunks

    This is from D-League last year... obviously not the best competition but shows he can shoot pretty nice for a PF



    VS the Knicks last year (Might have been pre season)



    Quick Highlight




    I mean obviously these are just short clips but it is clear that he is a high energy guy and the Knicks could really use that on their team. I just watched a video of Outlaw vs the Thunder last year and he looked solid offensively. He was shooting it really well. Maybe he could be a pretty solid role player in the triangle because it opens up a lot of open shots

    As for the title.. Idk if it is coming this year but I honestly believe that Phil will get this team to the Finals within the next 3 years. The 2015-2016 year might be the best chance to do it. Amare and Bargnani come off the books and it opens up room for a Max player and extra cash to fill out the rest of the roster!
    The Knicks one makes me remember him more. I vauely remember him eating up the knicks and the crowd loving it..

  8. #1698
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I remember Acy from Baylor but not much in the pros. Energy is a good way to describe his game. Outlaw is only 29yrs old after all these yrs. So i'd imagine hes got something left in the tank. Both players have length and both can at least not be totally left alone behind the arc. I think they got better even if only a tad.
    At the least Acy makes us better on the defensive side of the ball. We need more of those scrappy type players on this team. They help win games in the 4th. With Calderon, THJ, JR, Melo, Amare, Bargnani, Larkin, and even Early we have a lot of scoring. Guys like Pablo, Shumpert, Acy, Dalembert, Aldrich, Jason Smtih are guys who you can rely on doing more than just scoring. I think Phil is putting together a sneaky team honestly. There is a lot of scoring and if the scoring first guys can get motivated enough to put a serious effort in on defense we could have a team that will do a lot better than people expect.

    I posted a few videos of Acy since he has been in the league. Kind of reminds me of a Reggie Evans/ Kenyon Martin type player when it comes to the energy he brings to the game. He could our "Rodman"... obviously he is not at that level of play but he plays extremely hard like Rodman did for the Bulls

    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

  9. #1699
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    The Knicks one makes me remember him more. I vauely remember him eating up the knicks and the crowd loving it..
    Yeah he could be a fan favorite. Not the most talented player by any means but he gives it his all which is something this team needs. Man when he pump fakes he can really EXPLODE towards the rim. I'm interested to see what kind of minutes he gets

    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts