+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    about the NY-area teams...what the flip is in the water?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by n420p69 View Post
    We got zero size inside. There has to be someone who we can plug in the middle until Chandler comes back. Even a broke down player like Camby would be a help we are getting crushed inside.
    Bargniani didn't rebound much tonight, but had 3blocks, and played some great hustle defense all game long. Hes played very well defensively this yr, and either had respctable rebounds or block or both in most games.. I'm very proud of how hes played this yr.

What do you know, we dominate a team, and Carmelo fills the stat box with 10reb 6assist, to go along with 19pts on respectable night from the field. See what happens Melo, when you use all ur gifts and let ur teammates be involved?

Shump had his best game of the yr. Timmy Hardaway again showed why he deservs steady minutes, and Bargs and STAT were very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    What do you know, we dominate a team, and Carmelo fills the stat box with 10reb 6assist, to go along with 19pts on respectable night from the field. See what happens Melo, when you use all ur gifts and let ur teammates be involved?

Shump had his best game of the yr. Timmy Hardaway again showed why he deservs steady minutes, and Bargs and STAT were very solid.
    I would love to see a lineup of Prigioni, Shump, Timmy, Melo, Bargs get some burn together. Smaller lineup but they could absolutely light it up haha

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I would love to see a lineup of Prigioni, Shump, Timmy, Melo, Bargs get some burn together. Smaller lineup but they could absolutely light it up haha
    Another game where we move the ball around and Melo especially is a team player, and we win by 30 again.lol By the way, Tim Hardaway is freaking awesome!

Yeah Tim is killin' it right now! Melo needs to play like this all of the time. His shots are way more reasonable and he is doing it all. He is scoring, rebonding, passing, and even playing D. Shumpert seems to be a different player now, he had a nasty stuff tonight! I think once Chandler comes back we could go on a serious roll if we can keep this ball movement going.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

As usual i'll be the minority here but to me, if we can trade Melo for some other pieces, I think it would actually help us.

Yes he is a scorer, but that's it. To me Woodson is kind of like Thibs. He needs TEAM players.

With the rumors swirling about CAA (http://sports.caa.com/) about Houston, Melo, Bargnani etc I can't help but wonder what IF we ended up with LaMarcus Aldridge INSTEAD of Bargnani?

Yes Andrea scores and YES he actually has been a highpoint on a ****ty season so far but what if we had Aldridge in our Frontcourt?

That ISO thing doesn't produce the results we want and frankly we are lacking at the Point. And let's be real here: Melo is a ballhog and JR Miss is a streaky as hell shooter.

I'm just saying most likely Melo is out of here at season's end, and we will get nothing in return.

(Ok here comes the shots...)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    As usual i'll be the minority here but to me, if we can trade Melo for some other pieces, I think it would actually help us.

Yes he is a scorer, but that's it. To me Woodson is kind of like Thibs. He needs TEAM players.

With the rumors swirling about CAA (http://sports.caa.com/) about Houston, Melo, Bargnani etc I can't help but wonder what IF we ended up with LaMarcus Aldridge INSTEAD of Bargnani?

Yes Andrea scores and YES he actually has been a highpoint on a ****ty season so far but what if we had Aldridge in our Frontcourt?

That ISO thing doesn't produce the results we want and frankly we are lacking at the Point. And let's be real here: Melo is a ballhog and JR Miss is a streaky as hell shooter.

I'm just saying most likely Melo is out of here at season's end, and we will get nothing in return.

(Ok here comes the shots...)
    how exactly were we supposed to land aldridge?

i think melo will stay, especially since no other team can offer close to what we can. also melo's isos in the post are what force double teams and therefore wide open shots. i agree point guard is still this team's biggest weakness. along with rebounding/interior defense until tyson gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    how exactly were we supposed to land aldridge?

i think melo will stay, especially since no other team can offer close to what we can. also melo's isos in the post are what force double teams and therefore wide open shots. i agree point guard is still this team's biggest weakness. along with rebounding/interior defense until tyson gets back.
    I think it all depends on how we play up untill the trade deadline. If Melo is serious about his all around game, which has been on full display the past couple games, then were gonna start piling up wins, as others start loving playing, knowing at any point they could be counted on to fire away. If Melo resorts back to what hes always been, which is mostly a one dimensional scorer, whos scoring dosne't really help, becasue he does it on 8-25 shooting, then trading him is the only common sense thing to do. Obviosuly you want to get something for the guy. Hes not gonna stay if we are in the top 10 worst teams in the league. Theres no chance of it.

All-Pro
    Two blowouts in a row. The common thread? Carmelo and JR didn't shoot a million times and the ball was shared equally amongst players, keeping them involved and focused. We still got a long way to go but the last two wins were promising not because of the margin of victory but the team play.