+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 NEW YORK KNICKS THREAD. GO KNICKS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    melo is probably a better player than blake... lol
    I shouldnt of put the qualifier in he is better but whats your solution to having the Knicks win a championship. Do you feel paying Carmelo Anthony 28 million a year is the best way for the Knicks to build a team? Isnt the goal to win a championship. You cant do it just with FA's , not with this CBA. You need to have a young core first then go the FA route.

I think getting rid of Chris Smith was s huge move for team morale its about time the Knicks stopped catering to this bum JR Smith. I bet the whole team supported Woody on this. If this malcontent doesnt want to play stick him on the end of the bench in a suit. Its to bad he has zero trade value i would send him out of town for just about anything

Why does Woody have wood for J.R? The guy is a nut.

So glad Woodson benched JR for this game. It's about time he held JR accountable for his actions and play. Things like that help the whole team turn around.

Dunno if this team is going anywhere, but at least it's now worth seeing if they can climb back to .500.

If they hit anymore skids though before the trade deadline, it might be time to start moving pieces for assets.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I shouldnt of put the qualifier in he is better but whats your solution to having the Knicks win a championship. Do you feel paying Carmelo Anthony 28 million a year is the best way for the Knicks to build a team? Isnt the goal to win a championship. You cant do it just with FA's , not with this CBA. You need to have a young core first then go the FA route.
    i agreed with the rest of your post... if melo doesn't sign the extension i would fully understand looking to trade him... but i took it as an obvious shot at him saying he is "probably" better than blake. melo has long been considered one of the premier players in the league. where as blake is a premier dunker with not much else going for him.
    Did u see Blakes last game against the Heat he was damn good. Melos better but Blake has more trade value and right now I think the Knicks should be trying to acquire as many assets as possible and tank in 2015. Best case the Knicks pay Melo 30 million and get him zero help , there is no point in that
    i'm not sure about that. i would think melo has more trade value even though he's expiring. he's a legit top player in the league where blake simply is not,
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 01-10-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    So glad Woodson benched JR for this game. It's about time he held JR accountable for his actions and play. Things like that help the whole team turn around.

Dunno if this team is going anywhere, but at least it's now worth seeing if they can climb back to .500.

If they hit anymore skids though before the trade deadline, it might be time to start moving pieces for assets.
    Agreed. Maybe it was JR's punk attitude thats held this team back since the infamous playoff series fiasco of last yr?

Still really stupid if they dont tear it down. There isnt enough talent on this roster and they arent going to get there paying Melo 28 million
    Alot of decisons coming up. How many more yrs with Stat and Chandler? We gotta be having some coin coming off the books in the next couple yrs, no?

Knicks win again! Bonehead got some PT so hopefully he stops all the BS but it is JR Smith... it is almost a given that he will do something dumb eventually

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Makes you wonder if health concerns (Chandler, Felton for example) didn't occur; would their current record be better?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Alot of decisons coming up. How many more yrs with Stat and Chandler? We gotta be having some coin coming off the books in the next couple yrs, no?
    Stat has been great of late but its only a matter of time until his knee starts to bother him again. Everything depends on Melo and he needs to be the first domino to fall. My problem with Melo is winning is not the most important thing to him, he is not Lebron. Melos posturing himself to get the most money from the Knicks FO that is all. Unfortunately why Melo is a great player he is not worth 28 million a year at least on a blank slate cap. Now if we were resigning him as a birds right FA with are other pieces in place then paying him that would be fine but that isnt the case. When Melos signs this deal the knicks will be essentially be able to sign 1 max FA. The team will be capped out with Melo , Rondo "Example", Jr Smith, Felton, Hardaway, 2015 first rd pick ,You cant win a championship with that roster so what the hell is the point of doing that.
    I think Blake Griffin at 17 million a year is much better value to the Knicks especially on the trade market because he is signed through 2016 at a normal max contract. Melo becoming a FA gives the Knicks very few teams to where a trade can be worked out to. There are maybe 2 teams that would trade for Melo right now "with real compensation" while 10-15 would trade for Griffin. The money that Melo is set to make can only be absorbed by very few teams, 1 being the Clippers as they already have Chris Paul in place. Griffin however can be sent almost everywhere because the team receiving him isnt taking on the risk of him leaving, they also arent using almost half their cap space to keep him.

+ Reply to Thread