+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post

i'm not sure about that. i would think melo has more trade value even though he's expiring. he's a legit top player in the league where blake simply is not,
    We will have to disagree on this I think you severely over estimate Melos worth around the NBA. The fact that keeping him will cost a team almost half their cap eliminates almost every team in the NBA. Im not just singling out Melo besides Lebron I wouldnt pay anyone 28 million unless i was using bird rights to go over the cap to keep him. If we had Chris Paul on the Knicks instead of Amare i wouldnt have as much of a problem paying Melo that deal. However with a clean cap its a totally different situation. There is no possible way other then Lebron signing in NY that signing Melo will allow the Knicks to seriously compete for a Title once he takes 28 million a year

This is your choices
    Knicks plan
    1. paying melo 28 million dollars on a clean cap and being maxed out with Melo ,Felton,Hardaway, 1 Max FA, 2015 pick in the 20's or

My Plan
    2. 2 Max FA's example "Rondo, Kevin Love," 2014 Lottery pick player, 2015 top 5 lottery pick player,rotation player under 25 acquired in griffin trade, Jr Smith,Felton, Hardaway,Shumpert.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-12-2014 at 10:59 AM.

JR's game was .....soooooo right ,soooooo right .
    Should the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Alot of decisons coming up. How many more yrs with Stat and Chandler? We gotta be having some coin coming off the books in the next couple yrs, no?
    A lot but this is my point Melos deal is a cap killer on a blank slate. if the caps 60 million and say 10 is gone from other players, u have 50 mil in cap space. Melo at 28 mil leaves us with 22 , Rondo 18 leaves us with 4, capped out. For a team like the Clippers that are already over the cap Melos deal just hits them in luxury tax not actual cap space. they already have good pieces in place that maxed them out. It will take us 2 seasons to get the periphery pieces in place to help Melo.

Now trading Melo and flipping Blake. Hopefully we trade Chandler, Felton , JR Smith any roster player we have for draft picks.

Say we trade Blake to the Cavs or Philly teams with young PG's and receive their 2014 first round pick. Maybe we get Julius Randle. We would be awful in 2015 , say we land a Center like Jahill Okafor .Now we have an outstanding young frontcourt. n the deal the Cavs throw in Dion Waiters a combo guard that can get 20 a game.

C Jahil Okafor

PF Julius Randle

SF Iman Shumpert

SG Dion Waiters

PG Raymond Felton

6th man JR Smith

7th man Hardaway

This would be a sample roster heading into the 2015 offseason flush with 43 million in cap space
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-12-2014 at 12:56 PM.

redeye is obsessed with the idea that melo is demanding a max which is not the case.

you're stuck up on that as if there is no possibility of him taking less to stay with the knicks or even sign with another team.

back when the knicks first traded for him there were teams lining up to trade tons of value for him without even the guarantee of an extention. win now teams would give up far more for him even if only for half a season than they would blake despite him having years left on his contract. they are 2 players in different stratospheres in terms of talent, ability and what they bring to a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    We will have to disagree on this I think you severely over estimate Melos worth around the NBA. The fact that keeping him will cost a team almost half their cap eliminates almost every team in the NBA. Im not just singling out Melo besides Lebron I wouldnt pay anyone 28 million unless i was using bird rights to go over the cap to keep him. If we had Chris Paul on the Knicks instead of Amare i wouldnt have as much of a problem paying Melo that deal. However with a clean cap its a totally different situation. There is no possible way other then Lebron signing in NY that signing Melo will allow the Knicks to seriously compete for a Title once he takes 28 million a year

This is your choices
    Knicks plan
    1. paying melo 28 million dollars on a clean cap and being maxed out with Melo ,Felton,Hardaway, 1 Max FA, 2015 pick in the 20's or

My Plan
    2. 2 Max FA's example "Rondo, Kevin Love," 2014 Lottery pick player, 2015 top 5 lottery pick player,rotation player under 25 acquired in griffin trade, Jr Smith,Felton, Hardaway,Shumpert.
    again you're making it black and white. pay melo a max or trade him. the reality is there are far more scenarios. melo taking less to stay a knick, taking less to sign with a contender. knicks doing a sign n trade with him getting less than a max but the 5th year due to the bird rights. etc etc etc. many many scenarios.

it's not just knicks pay melo a max and therefore can't build around him, or trade him. there are many more possibilities.

you severely underestimate melo's value around the league.

I am going to be going to the Knicks vs Grizzlies game in Memphis I believe February 18th. The tickets were a b-day present and just got them today. One of my Dads good buddies is a Co-owner so he hooked us up with court side seats next to the Knicks bench! I haven't been to a NBA game in like 10 years so I am really excited because I was like 9 or 10 when I went to my last one. Hopefully they can keep playing well and pull out a W.

I am gonna have to keep growing out the flattop and wear my Shump jersey haha

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    again you're making it black and white. pay melo a max or trade him. the reality is there are far more scenarios. melo taking less to stay a knick, taking less to sign with a contender. knicks doing a sign n trade with him getting less than a max but the 5th year due to the bird rights. etc etc etc. many many scenarios.

it's not just knicks pay melo a max and therefore can't build around him, or trade him. there are many more possibilities.

you severely underestimate melo's value around the league.
    We will disagree again I think u overvalue him. I dont think there are many teams that would take him on at his age and his salary.

I think the only way he stays on the Knicks is if we pay him a total max deal thats what all his posturing about. Carmelo will choose money in NY over winning in NY.The only sitation I see Melo taking less than a super max deal is LA to play with Lebron and or Kobe. Melo will never take a normal max deal and try to build a team in NY , it will never happen, I know this because the guy gut are whole roster 3 years ago to get his money he will do the same
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-13-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Do you guys think JR will start playing well again or will he go back to being a bonehead?
    Should the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Do you guys think JR will start playing well again or will he go back to being a bonehead?
    He said the benching taught him a lesson. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    History says he'll go back to being a bonehead.
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.