+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Clowney is Starting To Look Like a Potential Bust

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...06--ncaaf.html

Dude has caught the injury bug already and he seems easily flustered when teams game plan around him. Of course he would not likely get doubled in the NFL...(yet)

Time to think OL

If Clowney is available when we pick it would idiotic not to pick him, I dont understand all the Clowney haters around here, the kid has been hurt this season for the first time in his career. He will heal, it doesn't mean he is injurty prone or gonna be a bust.

He doesn't want to play College ball. He wants to get paid and play in the pros.
    He saw his teammate last year Marcus Lattimore get his knee blown up and lose millions of dollars because of it.
    NFL General Managers know what he can bring to their respective team, he doesn't have to show them anything.
    Clowney could play tic tac toe on the field all season and still be the first non QB drafted in this up coming draft.
    Last edited by primetime; 10-30-2013 at 05:06 PM.

No way we don't take him if we have the opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    He doesn't want to play College ball. He wants to get paid and play in the pros.
    He saw him teammate last year Marcus Lattimore get his knee blown up and lose millions of dollars because of it.
    NFL General Managers know what he can bring to their respective team, he doesn't have to show them anything.
    Clowney could play tic tac toe on the field all season and still be the first non QB drafted in this up coming draft.
    Its a high risk though with a top 3 pick. Who is to say he doesnt hold back until his contract year in the NFL? Kinda seems like JPP is doing that...

We dont know how injured he is. I have to say the Missouri game he did not play well at all. Cut it up yesterday

Last edited by Redeyejedi; 10-30-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    We dont know how injured he is. I have to say the Missouri game he did not play well at all. Cut it up yesterday. He probably is getting frustrated with his teammates not picking him up. He dint have these issues with Devin Taylor last year, and Ingram and taylor the year before

Honestly, if I didnt know the name Clowney, I wouldnt think anything of him. He hasnt done much this year for me to say much about him. I dont think he is lazy becasue I see him trying to chase down plays, but he isnt making any plays out there, doubled or not.

This is a disturbing quote to me: “I don’t have nothing to prove,” Clowney, who had five tackles in the Game****s 27-24 upset over Missouri on Saturday, said.

You don't?
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 10-30-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Some of the early games his poor performance was blown out of proportion but I cant really defend this game. On some of the plays he flats out quits and doesnt even hide it he just stands there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Honestly, if I didnt know the name Clowney, I wouldnt think anything of him. He hasnt done much this year for me to say much about him. I dont think he is lazy becasue I see him trying to chase down plays, but he isnt making any plays out there, doubled or not.

This is a disturbing quote to me: “I don’t have nothing to prove,” Clowney, who had five tackles in the Game****s 27-24 upset over Missouri on Saturday, said.

You don't?

No he doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    No he doesn't
    BS

I dont understand some of you. I really feel like he is one of those contract chasers. He will be MIA for a year or 3, then emerge. He plays when he wants to. Thats unfortunate because I like guys who play 100% hard 100% of the time. Dont get on JPPs case then either. He already proved how great he can be. Now he is holding off till next year when he can make big bucks. Why risk the injury and lose all that money he can make? I guess you dont mind that at all. I do. I hate players who all of a sudden explode in their final year of their contract to get fat and happy.