+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by greenca190 View Post

Questioning the guys intelligence shouldn't be in correlation to why he didn't mention Incognito's ineptness earlier. I think we should instead praise the man for being smart enough to bring up this ordeal before he himself responded to Incognito in an irresponsible manner.
    He didn't bring anything up. He left the facility.

Walking away from your job and your responsibilities is being responsible?

What kind of a message does this send to kids in schools who are bullied every day? Its ok not to show up? Its ok not to address problems?

Try again.
    Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    Why would he wait so long to take action? Penguinfarmer, if someone is bothering you, do you just sit back and take it, or do you do something about it?

Does that make enough sense for you?
    IQ and EQ are two completely different entities. I have little doubt that Martin is a sensitive and perhaps socially awkward individual. I don't see why he should be chastised for it. What doesn't make sense is you trying to codify every single person into one emotional archetype.

What kind of a message does this send to kids in schools who are bullied every day? Its ok not to show up? Its ok not to address problems?

Try again.
    For all we know, the coaching staff may be part of the equation. Maybe they perpetuated it by letting it happen. Maybe they didn't. If it were the former, I don't see him bringing it up.

Martin reportedly seeking psychiatric help was at least one responsible move on his part.

Banned
    Incognito and Pouncey are both clowns anyway

Try again.
    Yeah, I'll try again. Or you can read good-er.

You think he didn't say anything to team officials and management? So now all of a sudden, three days after this story drops, a bunch of reports about how the Miami Dolphins are trying to do better unfolds? Come on. Stephen Ross has been a piece of **** since he took over in 2008. All he has cared about is creating positive headlines and covering up the negative ones.

Once again. Martin was being harassed in his work environment. Repeatedly called a ******. Repeatedly told that the mother who gave birth to him was trash. This was in a work environment. And being a responsible person, he walked away from the scenario before he did what the Kansas City Chief did no less than a year ago and shot innocent people as well as himself.

What kind of message does this send to kids in schools who are bullied every day? To ****ing speak up before they explode. Would you rather these children continually show up to school every day just to be chastised by the same colleagues of theirs, eventually leading to some other school shooting that can be brought up on this message board for two weeks and then forgotten? You forgot about Jovan Belcher already, didn't you? Strange how that happens. A person that is alive and well can create a legal case capable of lasting a decade. When a person shoots his girlfriend and then himself outside of team facilities, people forget about it in eight months.

Seriously. **** you. Please try and respond.
    Last edited by greenca190; 11-05-2013 at 01:23 AM.

I think you're running a little too far with Martin's issues as well. Stretching his distress to those extremes would be another reason why he would not have said anything earlier to avoid invoking that misguided perception.

Martin's well-being was compromised to a point where football became secondary, he then sought external help. I think his medical privacy should be held to that.
    Last edited by penguinfarmer; 11-05-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenca190 View Post
    Yeah, I'll try again. Or you can read good-er.

You think he didn't say anything to team officials and management? So now all of a sudden, three days after this story drops, a bunch of reports about how the Miami Dolphins are trying to do better unfolds? Come on. Stephen Ross has been a piece of **** since he took over in 2008. All he has cared about is creating positive headlines and covering up the negative ones.

Once again. Martin was being harassed in his work environment. Repeatedly called a ******. Repeatedly told that the mother who gave birth to him was trash. This was in a work environment. And being a responsible person, he walked away from the scenario before he did what the Kansas City Chief did no less than a year ago and shot innocent people as well as himself.

What kind of message does this send to kids in schools who are bullied every day? To ****ing speak up before they explode. Would you rather these children continually show up to school every day just to be chastised by the same colleagues of theirs, eventually leading to some other school shooting that can be brought up on this message board for two weeks and then forgotten? You forgot about Jovan Belcher already, didn't you? Strange how that happens. A person that is alive and well can create a legal case capable of lasting a decade. When a person shoots his girlfriend and then himself outside of team facilities, people forget about it in eight months.

Seriously. **** you. Please try and respond.
    First off, we're having a discussion. Stop trying to sound like a keyboard warrior/tough guy.. You failed miserably on both accounts. I'm making my assumptions based on what we know, not speculation. Your last post was nothing but speculation. You have no idea what frame of mind Martin was in and have no basis at all to compare his situation to Belchers.

My point was how I perceived Martin to have handled the situation. Nothing more. I believe rather than walking away from his job he should've stood up for himself. Maybe there is more to the story that we don't know about and hopefully it will come out over time. Like penguinfarmer mentioned (and this is a strong possibility as well) perhaps its on a much larger scale then we are aware of with coaches and management being involved. Again, all of that is pure speculation until facts come out.

I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong. But knowing what I do about the current situation, I feel Martin handled the situation poorly. Let me repeat that before you take bits and pieces of what I said and make it the complete opposite.

I would've liked to have seen Martin handle the situation better. Perhaps he did, but with the facts that we were given, it is in my opinion he handled the situation very immaturely. hopefully we'll find out more as the story unfolds.

We all know one way or the other the Dolphins organization is going to have a major black eye over this situation and rightfully so. Especially if they knew this was going on and paid no attention to it.

Finally:

Sir, if you choose to respond, please do so in a civil manner. We're having a discussion and in a situation like this resorting to being argumentative really sullies the conversations purpose. I certainly hope we both can agree on this and do apologize if I offended you or anyone else.

I take bullying very seriously as I have had a loved one close to me commit suicide because of it.
    Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

All-Pro
    Sorry but, walking away and avoiding escalation is the right thing to do. Stand up to the bully seriously. It sounds like ti was an entire organization that was the bully.

Martin did the right thing. No one got hurt.

You can sweep bullying under the covers. This went well beyond what would be normal in a football environment. When death threats are involved, we are on a whole new level.

Knuckles upside the head when the crap first started and this never sees the light of day.

I had a go round with the school Bully way back in the day, My dad had told me that it took a better man to walk away than to fight. My dad was my hero so anything he said was nothing but gospel. After weeks and weeks of coming home beat up, minus my lunch money, yada yada Dad finally took me outside and had a man to man talk.
    He said that even though he was proud as hell of me for listening to what he had told me, that once in awhile there is a time when you got to fight for yourself. He said that I had his blessing to do whatever it took to stop the crap that was happening to me every day at school.

I was a happy boy!! I went to school the next day about 15 min early, I knew where the kid would be. Even though the kid was a lot bigger than I was I didn't care. I never said a word to any of my friends, I never said a word to the kid who had made my life in the third grade hell. I walked right up to him and popped him right in the nose, jumped on him when he fell down and commenced to beat the tar out of him.
    Got sent home from school for a few days.........Worth it.
    Ended up having to fight other kids because I ended up with a reputation as a tough guy.........Worth it.
    Got to see the pride in my Dads eyes and never got in any trouble for starting the fight............Worth it.
    My self esteem and confidence completly changed.............Worth it.
    Ended up being pretty good friends with the kid that was tormenting me and he did a complete about face and turned out to be a great guy.
    still friends all these MANY years later.

I have no idea how things would have turned out had I just walked away from school and not met the problem head on. I do know that was a pivitol moment in my life and also his, and we wouldn't be the people we are today if I had just walked away.