+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants Draft LaMichael James

Bench Player

Giants Draft LaMichael James

James declares for draft. Scouts say he's a 3rd rounder. G-men should go after him in late 2nd round. I know running back is not a need for us at the moment. But by the time he fully understands the offense, Jacobs will be on his way out. Then it could be James and Bradshaw as the 1, 2 punch. He's led the nation in rushing for 2 straight years. Jerry Reese always says you should never pass up on talent even when that skill position is not a need.

Re: Giants Draft LaMichael James

[quote user="Osi_baby"]James declares for draft.* Scouts say he's a 3rd rounder.* G-men should go after him in late 2nd round.* I know running back is not a need for us at the moment.* But by the time he fully understands the offense, Jacobs will be on his way out.* Then it could be James and Bradshaw as the 1, 2 punch.* He's led the nation in rushing for 2 straight years.* Jerry Reese always says you should never pass up on talent even when that skill position is not a need.
    [/quote]

Yep, that's what we should do -- draft a third rounder in the second round . . . .

Running back is a need. Jacobs might not be back.

Veteran

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="Osi_baby"]James declares for draft.* Scouts say he's a 3rd rounder.* G-men should go after him in late 2nd round.* I know running back is not a need for us at the moment.* But by the time he fully understands the offense, Jacobs will be on his way out.* Then it could be James and Bradshaw as the 1, 2 punch.* He's led the nation in rushing for 2 straight years.* Jerry Reese always says you should never pass up on talent even when that skill position is not a need.
    [/quote]

Yep, that's what we should do -- draft a third rounder in the second round . . . .[/quote]Well, we'll have the 32nd pick, so its not that much of a reach.

[quote user="Osi_baby"]James declares for draft. Scouts say he's a 3rd rounder. G-men should go after him in late 2nd round. I know running back is not a need for us at the moment. But by the time he fully understands the offense, Jacobs will be on his way out. Then it could be James and Bradshaw as the 1, 2 punch. He's led the nation in rushing for 2 straight years. Jerry Reese always says you should never pass up on talent even when that skill position is not a need.
    [/quote]

Not convinced he's a pro back. Seems like a Steve Slaton wannabe.

I was bothered by the fact that they benched him at the end of the USC game and were moving the ball so well without him.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran

I would love to draft him in the 3rd but I don't expect him to ever be a 1000 yard rusher. He's simply too small and has an injury history.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="Osi_baby"]James declares for draft. Scouts say he's a 3rd rounder. G-men should go after him in late 2nd round. I know running back is not a need for us at the moment. But by the time he fully understands the offense, Jacobs will be on his way out. Then it could be James and Bradshaw as the 1, 2 punch. He's led the nation in rushing for 2 straight years. Jerry Reese always says you should never pass up on talent even when that skill position is not a need.
    [/quote]

Yep, that's what we should do -- draft a third rounder in the second round . . . .[/quote]

Indeed 2012 season saved.

[quote user="Osi_baby"]James declares for draft.* Scouts say he's a 3rd rounder.* G-men should go after him in late 2nd round.* I know running back is not a need for us at the moment.* But by the time he fully understands the offense, Jacobs will be on his way out.* Then it could be James and Bradshaw as the 1, 2 punch.* He's led the nation in rushing for 2 straight years.* Jerry Reese always says you should never pass up on talent even when that skill position is not a need.
    [/quote]
    Ron Dayne was awesome in college. Bottom line is, college stats dont necessarily mean he will produce the same in the NFL. I would be actually very upset if we spent a 2nd rd pick on James. He's small and has a history of being hurt. No thanks I will pass, give me Doug Martin anyday of the week over him.

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Osi_baby"]James declares for draft. Scouts say he's a 3rd rounder. G-men should go after him in late 2nd round. I know running back is not a need for us at the moment. But by the time he fully understands the offense, Jacobs will be on his way out. Then it could be James and Bradshaw as the 1, 2 punch. He's led the nation in rushing for 2 straight years. Jerry Reese always says you should never pass up on talent even when that skill position is not a need.
    [/quote]
    Ron Dayne was awesome in college. Bottom line is, college stats dont necessarily mean he will produce the same in the NFL. I would be actually very upset if we spent a 2nd rd pick on James. He's small and has a history of being hurt. No thanks I will pass, give me Doug Martin anyday of the week over him.[/quote]

Most would argue Dayne's college production was a product of his Oline.

You cant make the same claim about James' line which is very small. Some of his yards are definitly a product of the system in which he plays for sure.

I do not think James is an ideal fit for us, but I do think he is an amazing player. In the right system he will thrive. In my eyes, he is similar to a Sproles type player. But there are backs I like more for us. However, I would not be upset if he found his way onto our roster.

Bench Player

come on man do you know we have chance to make a super bowl run in the playoffs

+ Reply to Thread