+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

Matty ice cream will melt under the heat of the Giants pass rush

The NFC South is wack in terms of teams with defensive prowess. The Panthers, Bucs and Saints are putrid on defense. Also, the Giants have faced tougher offensive weapons all season. Stopping Deshean Jackson and co, Miles Austin and co and Wes Welker and co were no easy task.

The Giants had the 5th toughest adjusted strength of schedule and the Falcons had the 22nd. The Falcons and lil' Matty ice cream are not battle tested and will evaporate.

I wish the Falcons try to come out running the ball. However, I think the offensive coordinator will outsmart himself and try to do what the 49ers did - come out passing - while incorporating the no-huddle. What they don't realize is, the Giants don't need 4 defensive ends on the field to generate a pass rush.

Unheralded players of the game - Kiwi, Canty and Ross on defense, and Manningham and Beckum on offense.

Re: Matty ice cream will melt under the heat of the Giants pass rush

I said the same thing almost on the Falcon's message board yesterday. Matty ice will be shaking in his boots when JPP, Tuck, and Osi come running.
    Pretty good bunch of guys there, very cool. One guy said this game will lauch them. I answered:
    Yeah, launch you right back to Atlanta!
    I miss Red Hook!

Bench Player

I saw in Atlanta media about Mat Ryan can't win the big one studd has caused no sports TV on in the Ryan home....... Tells me he feeling the pressure...... it the Giants can jump out to lead he will melt down and game will be a route.....

We the fans need to be so loud the no huddle can't be run..

All-Pro

I think we should expect the Falcons to come out trying to establish the run and use short quick passes to stop the pass rush and keep the Giants offense off the field. The D is going to have to step up and stop the run and disrupt the short passing game, forcing him to take those 5-7 step drops. Once that happens, the game is won.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...