+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Choke Job by Minnesota and San Diego

[QUOTE=Ntegrase96;958073]
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post

Harrison had one clank off his hands, but Samuel had the best shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K36wgL4VLHM

It wasn't that difficult of a catch to make, especially for a ball hawk like Samuel-- the guy that has 51 interceptions since his rookie year in 2003 to now (2nd only to Ed Reed in the span).

Also, to a lesser extent, Eli floated one out that went through Brandon Merriweather's hands, but was broken up by Tyree. There wasn't as good of a chance of Merriweather catching that one, but maybe he was referencing this one as well when he said 'dropped picks'
    But then you have to look into Eli's INTs like that too... How many were on the WR running the wrong route or just simply tipping up the ball off his hands? I know the 1 INT Eli had in the 2007 playoff run was because Steve Smith let it hit his hands and bounce up in the air, other wise it is a TD. There are still too many variables.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post

But then you have to look into Eli's INTs like that too... How many were on the WR running the wrong route or just simply tipping up the ball off his hands? I know the 1 INT Eli had in the 2007 playoff run was because Steve Smith let it hit his hands and bounce up in the air, other wise it is a TD. There are still too many variables.
    Probably.

I can't remember if it was PFF or FO that went back and adjusted the interceptions for each QB. It eliminated interceptions from the stat sheet that clearly weren't the QBs fault, and then assigned interceptions to poorly thrown balls that should have been picked off.

For the most part, they all balanced out to be a difference of one or two interception difference over the course of a season. So things like that usually balance out, and those findings would indicate there is an causation to it all rather than it being pure luck.

Maybe Eli's ugly passes are just harder to intercept because they're just harder to catch period-- which would explain drops by sure handed receivers, and tipped interceptions.

Just spitballin'.

All-Pro
    [QUOTE=Giantsrangers;957936]
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post

amazing post
    thanks.. I was so upset and worked up over his comment I made tons of spelling errors.. Lol.. But he'll get the point!!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Banned
    [QUOTE=miked1958;958389]
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantsrangers View Post
    thanks.. I was so upset and worked up over his comment I made tons of spelling errors.. Lol.. But he'll get the point!!

Lol i agree dude good post

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I don't know of anyone whose crunched numbers like those and published them for all to see. But off the top of my head. Romo wouldn't have any 4th Q comebacks or game winning drives.
    Eli had quite a few of those in those playoff runs in both SB seasons and many of those wins were on the road

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro
    [QUOTE=NYGFaninILL;958035]
    Quote Originally Posted by Downy Eli View Post

If my memory serves me correctly, then there was just one dropped pick in the last drive by Rodney Harrison, and though the ball did go right through his hands, it was a tough catch regardless, as he had to jump 4 feet in the air to lay a hand on it.
    his timing was slightly off. He also may have landed with a foot out of bounds had he caught it. Isn't it strange that the team that was supposed to be soooooo good the undefeated 18-0 Pats of 07 and the one that dominated in 2011 were the ones making the mistakes and the team that was the underdog was the one poised and making plays..

Also something that should be noted is that the Giants went into tons of hostile environments in both playoff runs and win them all..2007 @ TB, @ Dallas and @ GB.. Then beat the favored unbeaten Pats in SB.. And it wasn't a fluke.. Weeks prior they stood toe to toe with them in final game do season losing by 3..
    2011 Home for Atlanta then @ GB and @ SF then again against favored Pats in SB. And in many cases they went back and beat teams that beat them during the year.. 07 dallas beat NY twice during regular season, GB killed them, and Pats beat them.. 2011 GB and SF beat them during regular games. Same type thing happened in 86 when Denver and niners beat them during season the giants returned the favor when it counted. Pretty impressive I'd say.. Whats Dallas got to show for themselves playoff and SB wise in recent years? Not much!! One win and some embarrassing play in games vs Philly and skins where the winner won div or made playoffs and loser was out. Dallas was humiliated in both cases. And who can forget the botched winning FG attempt vs Seattle, lol
    Last edited by miked1958; 11-09-2013 at 06:50 PM.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro
    Wow! Thank you 1-7 Minnesota that's now 2-7 thanks to scoring 20 in answered points and holding Washington to only 3 in Second Half!!!

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Wow! Thank you 1-7 Minnesota that's now 2-7 thanks to scoring 20 in answered points and holding Washington to only 3 in Second Half!!!
    See? We can agree on something. I was quite happy with the outcome of last night's game as well.
    Minny didn't "choke" that one away I guess.

See? We can agree on something. I was quite happy with the outcome of last night's game as well.
    Hahaha, and so the thread comes full circle!!!

All-Pro
    They where the NFCE is this season I don't see any clear favorite or anyone running away with div. just the way you see a team pull off a victory when defeat was so close, in following weeks you see them blowing games they should all win

4-New York Giants!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread