+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fewell to be back next year (reported)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-through-2012/

WHY?!?!?! we make the playoffs (with many breaks) and "look everybody stays!" i hate how this organization can be won over so freakin easily. and why do they make these decisions so prematurely? (like keeping tom coughlin.) so what if we lose 50-10 tomorrow. fewell's job is safe? fewell's defense is putrid. got shredded up by grossman TWICE, charlie whitehurst, tavaris jackson, vince young. the falcons should put in their backup qb tomorrow and im sure theyll have a better chance of beating us.

despite being great offenses, we let green bay MARCH right down the field on that final drive. the saints raped us. fewell plays a soft scheme and its not aggressive like spags scheme was. yes we lost in the playoffs with spags in 08 but that was ALL on gilbride. ive never seen a worst offensively called game in my life. ill be infuriated if we have the chance to bring spags back but we keep fewell all because we make the playoffs. im hoping the D gets raped in the playoffs so theyll have more reason to fire this bum, but even that wouldnt warrant his firing (to the organization.) nope, if you make the playoffs, no matter what the circumstances are, your job is safe. 09 and 10 we didnt even make the playoffs and coughlin and gilbride still werent even in jeopardy of losing their jobs! SHAKING.MY.HEAD.

Re: Fewell to be back next year (reported)

honestly, I haven't liked Fewell this year at all, but he couldnt play the schemes he wanted. Last year I think we lead the league in sacks for most of the year and ended up 5th. I dont think Fewell's plan was to play so soft all year but when you lose the absurd amount of corners he did you have to change the gameplan a little.

To clarify I'm not a Fewell fan, but I can definitely see why he would stay.

Veteran

I want Steve, but I can't lie Fewell with all the injuries and rookies did a the best job he could.

All-Pro

Just because he signed a contract last year doesn't mean he stays after this season. Until you see the Giants extend his contract beyond 2012, there is not indication that he will stay or go. They never go into a season with a lame duck coach... I believe the defensive performance in the playoffs will determine his fate.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Veteran

[quote user="Sintim97"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/05/perry-fewell-is-signed-through-2012/

WHY?!?!?! we make the playoffs (with many breaks) and "look everybody stays!" i hate how this organization can be won over so freakin easily. and why do they make these decisions so prematurely? (like keeping tom coughlin.) so what if we lose 50-10 tomorrow. fewell's job is safe? fewell's defense is putrid. got shredded up by grossman TWICE, charlie whitehurst, tavaris jackson, vince young. the falcons should put in their backup qb tomorrow and im sure theyll have a better chance of beating us.

despite being great offenses, we let green bay MARCH right down the field on that final drive. the saints raped us. fewell plays a soft scheme and its not aggressive like spags scheme was. yes we lost in the playoffs with spags in 08 but that was ALL on gilbride. ive never seen a worst offensively called game in my life. ill be infuriated if we have the chance to bring spags back but we keep fewell all because we make the playoffs. im hoping the D gets raped in the playoffs so theyll have more reason to fire this bum, but even that wouldnt warrant his firing (to the organization.) nope, if you make the playoffs, no matter what the circumstances are, your job is safe. 09 and 10 we didnt even make the playoffs and coughlin and gilbride still werent even in jeopardy of losing their jobs! SHAKING.MY.HEAD.
    [/quote]

Injuries, Injuries, Injuries. That is the reason the Defense has not been great. Losing TT for the year really hurt, Then we lose Prince for more than half the year so we was really not given a chance to apapt to the NFL. We lose Austin, our 2nd rounder for the year. Osi missed half of the year, Tuck always banged up. We lost our starting MLB Goff for the year. We have rookies and back ups starting out there, what do you expect. Now we finally got Tuck and Osi healthy and our pass rush has been dominate the past two weeks and we only gave up 14 point in each game. I dont think Fewell is the problem. That being said, if we have a shot to gets Spags back in here, im on board 1000%

What about last year when we were healthy and finished 17th in scoring defense, collpased against Philly, got embarrased by the Joseph Addai and the Colts running game, got blown out by GB when we need a win so we could get to the playoffs and lost to a Kitna led Dallas team with a new coach at home?

Veteran

Too early to tell or care

[quote user="NJ10"][quote user="Sintim97"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/05/perry-fewell-is-signed-through-2012/

WHY?!?!?! we make the playoffs (with many breaks) and "look everybody stays!" i hate how this organization can be won over so freakin easily. and why do they make these decisions so prematurely? (like keeping tom coughlin.) so what if we lose 50-10 tomorrow. fewell's job is safe?* fewell's defense is putrid. got shredded up by grossman TWICE, charlie whitehurst, tavaris jackson, vince young. the falcons should put in their backup qb tomorrow and im sure theyll have a better chance of beating us.

[/quote]

Injuries, Injuries, Injuries. That is the reason the Defense has not been great. Losing TT for the year really hurt, Then we lose Prince for more than half the year so we was really not given a chance to apapt to the NFL. We lose Austin, our 2nd rounder for the year. Osi missed half of the year, Tuck always banged up. We lost our starting MLB Goff for the year. We have rookies and back ups starting out there, what do you expect. Now we finally got Tuck and Osi healthy and our pass rush has been dominate the past two weeks and we only gave up 14 point in each game. I dont think Fewell is the problem. That being said, if we have a shot to gets Spags back in here, im on board 1000%
    [/quote]

Its called playing against Sanchez and an injured Romo. The Jets OC and Jason Babin saved Perry Fool's job.

Wow!!! You must really hate Fewell. Are you seriously wishing a team you supposably support tanks?

For all the haters in this forum, queue the deflating wah, wah, wah ...