+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Central NJ - the DMZ of Giants/Eagles land

Why longtime Giants fans hate the Cowboys.

The Tom Landry years. It was ugly.

'Nuff said.
    Last edited by WayBackFan; 11-04-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    **Fan since 1970**

Considering Landry was a Giant, they conduct themselves completely opposite to the way the Giants do. Braggadocios, flashy, boastful, all sizzle no steak. Showboating. Cheerleaders. Theatrics. Carnival atmosphere. Granted it is worse in the Jerry Jones era but it was that way even in Landry's days. They stand for the opposite of everything Wellington Mara did. I am tempted to believe Landry kept his focus on coaching the team and the owners (Schram?) did their own thing.

Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 11-05-2013 at 06:57 PM.

I disagree. I didn't hate the Cowboys back then because they were so good and we were so bad. It wasn't a real rivalry in my opinion.

I've always believed that this team was the most annoying in all of sports history.

It was a ridiculously good team that received a ton of attention. They were the best and then they would make moves like, signing Deion Sanders. It was unfair and they rubbed it in your face.

I still don't get the cowboys hate... it's a division rivalry, yes, but most cowboys fans I meet in real life are people more like ntegrase, fans of their franchise, but respectful human beings first.

Philly has a lot more to hate... their ****hole of a city, soulless fanbase that will cut you just for wearing the color blue on sunday, and al davis style of management that thought getting Michael Vick was a good idea. Not to mention, anyone remember the "dream team"?

Oh and I would totally punch Desean Jackson in his ****ty face if that wasn't considered a felony...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I still don't get the cowboys hate... it's a division rivalry, yes, but most cowboys fans I meet in real life are people more like ntegrase, fans of their franchise, but respectful human beings first.

Not living down in DFW area, dallas fans like Grase are few and far between, 90% of them are complete idiots that tell you they are going to win the superbowl becasue they are americas team. No other facts to support their argument but that, and if you try and have an intellectual debate about why they are better the response it WE ARE AMERICAS TEAM. I can't tell you how happy I am when i find a Dallas fan that i can actually just talk football with and not have my IQ drop just being in the same room.

I became a Giants fan in 1993. That was the peak of the Cowboys era and I loathed that team. Irvin, Smith, and Aikman would beat us in close games or humiliate the Gmen 35-0. One of the most satisfying wins I ever saw was in 1997 when the Danny Kanell Giants blew out Dallas and Irvin was crying on the sidelines. The hate is not as intense anymore as Dallas has become more comical than anything during the Romo years.

My only hatred toward the Cowboys is because of Jerry Jones and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Not living down in DFW area, dallas fans like Grase are few and far between, 90% of them are complete idiots that tell you they are going to win the superbowl becasue they are americas team. No other facts to support their argument but that, and if you try and have an intellectual debate about why they are better the response it WE ARE AMERICAS TEAM. I can't tell you how happy I am when i find a Dallas fan that i can actually just talk football with and not have my IQ drop just being in the same room.
    I think the problem is because football is so prevalent in the area.

You'd think everyone would learn a thing or two about football growing up around the whole 'Friday Night Lights' culture.

Yeah, they love football, but they don't understand it. And it's usually going to be the people that only have a surface level understanding that boast and have the loudest opinions.

Overall, I think there are far more casual fans in the area than there are anywhere else because it's the "cool thing to do"/norm to like football at any level here.

Banned
    Dallas is a team u either love or hate...and believe it or not i dont 'hate' the giants or lil eli. I just like pickin on him cuz of division rivalry. I dislike the eagles more than the g's......i dont like jerry though