+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why longtime Giants fans hate the Cowboys.

I think I hated Emmitt Smith the most. Early 90s got me to really hate the Cowboys.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    Dallas is a team u either love or hate...and believe it or not i dont 'hate' the giants or lil eli. I just like pickin on him cuz of division rivalry. I dislike the eagles more than the g's......i dont like jerry though
    Shouldnt you hate the Redskins even more?
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

I'm sure many longtime cowboys fans hate us as well. Its called a rivalry. I hate the cowboys, eagles and redskins all the same. 95% of the people on this message board weren't even alive to see Landry coach anyways..

And that's a not a knock to the OP about his age..

If it wasn't for my grandfather and eventually my dad telling me stories of the old time Giants players I wouldn't be nearly as passionate about the team as I am now..

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Shouldnt you hate the Redskins even more?
    I did back in the 80s. I truly hated the theisman n riggins group. Hogs n hogettes..that was bitter rival back then. Tho i did feel bad for theisman when his leg snapped like that

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    I'm sure many longtime cowboys fans hate us as well. Its called a rivalry. I hate the cowboys, eagles and redskins all the same. 95% of the people on this message board weren't even alive to see Landry coach anyways..

And that's a not a knock to the OP about his age..

If it wasn't for my grandfather and eventually my dad telling me stories of the old time Giants players I wouldn't be nearly as passionate about the team as I am now..
    You could say i hated the phil simms g's team back in mid 80s. My very first dallas game was against the giants on a monday night. I remember during warmups before the game yelling at lawrence taylor that he sucked. He started walking towards me and i ran up the stadium lol....we won that night btw

Now that iam older i dont really 'hate' teams. I love the division rivalries...trash talking is really part of the fun of it all. My bro is a die hard skins fan so its fun to argue with him weekly

All-Pro
    I was a Vikes fan as a kid and hated the Cowboys for beatign them in a few playoff games with long and of game passes. Killed me.
    Then I became a Giants fan and that just carrried over. JJ is jerk off so that just adds fuel to the fire.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

How do most Cowboys fans view Jerry?

Is he liked, hated?

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Banned
    Its no secret i dont like jerry

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    How do most Cowboys fans view Jerry?

Is he liked, hated?
    Strongly disliked to hated by most I would say. However, many of us do appreciate that he is not a cheap owner and desperately wants to win. He has a history of being loyal to his players to a fault. The players, overall, love the guy. Unfortunately, he has made many GM blunders over the years and just won't shut up. He has been a great asset to the NFL over the years and helped to bring in quite a bit of money to the league (very involved in getting Murdoch/Fox network in the bidding). I'll always appreciate his role in the 3 SBs but also hate some of the horrific personnel moves (Galloway and Roy Williams trades). I truly wish he would just shut up most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Considering Landry was a Giant, they conduct themselves completely opposite to the way the Giants do. Braggadocios, flashy, boastful, all sizzle no steak. Showboating. Cheerleaders. Theatrics. Carnival atmosphere. Granted it is worse in the Jerry Jones era but it was that way even in Landry's days. They stand for the opposite of everything Wellington Mara did. I am tempted to believe Landry kept his focus on coaching the team and the owners (Schram?) did their own thing.

Landry hated all of that. He thought the cheerleaders where "unwholesome", thought calling Dallas "America's Team" as arrogant and brought the hate of other people unnecessarily. Landry was an old fashioned football coach, and a deeply religious man. Landry didn't conduct himself anyway near how Jones conducts himself. He believed in his systems, and the only time I remember him being really using his celebrity was during one of Billy Graham's rallies which he only did because of his Christian convictions. He was in a few commercials too don't get me wrong, but Landry was never accused of being all hat and no cattle.

+ Reply to Thread