+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Draft Sleeper Thread

yes, he made a bad mistake but he has amazing potential,tyrann mathieu had drug problems too got take in the 2nd round if i remember correctly

i think rashad greene wr- FSU is a steal at his projected 4th or 5th round tag as he puts up great numbers,the number 1 guy to a freshman qb ,and has solid skills i see him being in the 2nd round area ,he reminds me of terrance williams who came out of baylor

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    yes, he made a bad mistake but he has amazing potential,tyrann mathieu had drug problems too got take in the 2nd round if i remember correctly
    Yeah Honeybadger got busted with Pot which I don't think is nearly as bad as Coke but you can make the same argument that they are both illegal. I wouldn't mind a late rounder on him just because of his talent. Although it might be a little concerning have a guy with drug problems in NYC... We do have a good locker room I think so maybe we can keep him in check

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

I cannot find anything on what round he is supposed to go in but Calvin Pryor from Louisville is a player I really like too. He is a safety who plays like a missle, flies in for tackles, makes big hits, and has some nice ball skills it looks like as well.

Great game here vs Rutgers

he does look really good ,but i think the giants dont neeed a safety we have a 3 safety system and next year we will have stevie brown again he led our team in interceptions last year ,so the 3 safetys will be stevie brown,antrelle rolle,and will hill who has shown good play

I'd like to add these couple players who have impressed me in recent wks.

Devon Kennard OLB Usc- Love this guys versatility and size. He attacks run plays and hits hard and don't give ground. he stops RB's in there tracks.

Khyri Thornton DT So Miss- This guys gonna fly up boards. Watched him in losing effort last wk and he stuck out. THe announcers talked highly of hijm and i could see him work perfectly in a rotation. He has a ton of range and powerful upper body. Hes built like a brick house also. Check this dude out, seriously!
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 11-14-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    he does look really good ,but i think the giants dont neeed a safety we have a 3 safety system and next year we will have stevie brown again he led our team in interceptions last year ,so the 3 safetys will be stevie brown,antrelle rolle,and will hill who has shown good play
    True but I think this guy would make much more sense being on our roster than Cooper Taylor... Although we haven't seen much of Taylor but Pryor I think would be a monster on special teams with the way he plays and could be Rolles replacement down the road.

Obviously it is not the biggest need we have by any means though haha

Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss might not be considered a "sleeper" because he is projected to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder but he is very underrated IMO. He is a WR who can do it all including blocking. He is 6'3 216 which is big for a WR, he is fast for his size also. He makes a real effort run blocking. Not probably an "elite" talent but could be a very solid player I believe.

Here is Rob Rang's Analysis of him
    STRENGTHS: Moncrief's thick frame, deceptive speed and smooth route-running make him a nightmare for cornerbacks. He does not possess the explosive moves of Southern Cal's Marqise Lee or Clemson's Sammy Watkins but might be a better player than either of them. He is sudden in his breaks, showing the ability to generate separation even against tight man coverage, and accelerates quickly, often leaving defenders in his dust on double-moves. Moncrief tracks the ball well and generally shows excellent hands (one drop vs. Texas), as well as the body control to make the d***ling grab. Moncrief is also cognizant in the running game, showing awareness and toughness as a downfield blocker

WEAKNESSES: Perhaps the only thing standing in Moncrief's way of becoming the first "skill-position" player from Mississippi to earn a first round draft selection since Eli Manning (No. 1 overall, 2004) is the question about his straight-line speed. Moncrief was not caught from behind on tapes viewed but the big-bodied receiver may not possess elite timed speed.
    --ROB RANG
    Last edited by NYGfanSTRICK; 11-22-2013 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss might not be considered a "sleeper" because he is projected to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder but he is very underrated IMO. He is a WR who can do it all including blocking. He is 6'3 216 which is big for a WR, he is fast for his size also. He makes a real effort run blocking. Not probably an "elite" talent but could be a very solid player I believe.

Here is Rob Rang's Analysis of him
    STRENGTHS: Moncrief's thick frame, deceptive speed and smooth route-running make him a nightmare for cornerbacks. He does not possess the explosive moves of Southern Cal's Marqise Lee or Clemson's Sammy Watkins but might be a better player than either of them. He is sudden in his breaks, showing the ability to generate separation even against tight man coverage, and accelerates quickly, often leaving defenders in his dust on double-moves. Moncrief tracks the ball well and generally shows excellent hands (one drop vs. Texas), as well as the body control to make the d***ling grab. Moncrief is also cognizant in the running game, showing awareness and toughness as a downfield blocker

WEAKNESSES: Perhaps the only thing standing in Moncrief's way of becoming the first "skill-position" player from Mississippi to earn a first round draft selection since Eli Manning (No. 1 overall, 2004) is the question about his straight-line speed. Moncrief was not caught from behind on tapes viewed but the big-bodied receiver may not possess elite timed speed.
    --ROB RANG
    I agree with ya on Moncrief. Actually, Moncrief could be almost the perfect replacement for Hakeem Nicks.. They are similar in they use there bodys to shield off DB's and have strong hands. He might not be a deep threat, but hes certainly has a chance to be a strong intermediete route and redzone target.

Yeah he seems like the type of WR that we would draft. He is not as explosive as Richardson but he brings a lot of things to the table. He is an intriguing prospect I think

+ Reply to Thread