+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    A couple TE's i like alot are Joe Don Dixon of Dixie st and Rob Blanchflower of Umass. They both are similar players, and don't stand overly tall, but are thickly built, and seem like perfect weapons for Eli Manning. Both have above avg hands and are big parts of there respective teams passing attacks. Don Duncan has moved up boards to around the 4th rd as of late, and Blanchflower has seen his stock rise as the season progressed also. Keep a eye on these 2 TE's.
    Yeah I like Blanchflower ever since I checked him out a while back after you talked about him. He is a nice receiving target for sure and looks like a good blocker as well. He would probably become a personal favorite of Eli the way he plays. I have heard good things about Dixon but haven't really gotten the chance to see anything from him. If he is similar to Blanchflower than he should be pretty solid

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

i watched that quick DE NYGfanstrick i think he has potential of course he plays very high coming off the ball with an average jump off the ball , damn i love looking up sleepers ive been crazy busy lately

i really like qua cox , he is an amazing man coverage corner who can tackle , he can have his own island such as a revis
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp48eSWBiAY

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    i watched that quick DE NYGfanstrick i think he has potential of course he plays very high coming off the ball with an average jump off the ball , damn i love looking up sleepers ive been crazy busy lately
    Yeah I checked out Qua Cox as well and he looks really solid I just wish there was something more recent to see if he has made any more improvements in his game. As for the DE this is his first year starting in football in his life. He was on the team last year but was just a reserve and now they have given him a shot and he is taking advantage of it. He does show good potential I think for someone this is really his first year of football. He is another one of those guys who played basketball and then recently decided to make the transition to football. Here is the article that I was talking about on him. He has worked out with Ziggy Ansah, Mike Tolbert, and others. He definitely has the physical tools it just depends on whether he can learn some better technique and he could be a NFL player for years to come IMO. BTW he looked like a freak on those few ST's clips hahaha he is fast as hell for a DE

One of the best kept secrets in the 2014 NFL Draft is a severely little-known hybrid 6’5, 255 pound combo defensive end/outside linebacker prospect named Elhadji Ndiaye. Ndiaye is a native of Senegal, who played soccer growing up. Football? It was an afterthought. That is, until his cousin, former NFL defensive lineman Ogemdi Nwagbuo, saw the potential in Elhadji, and took the youngster under his wing. Ogemdi, a solid vested NFL veteran of the Giants, Chargers, Panthers & Lions, convinced Ndiaye that he had a world of potential in the sport of football, and pushed him to give it a try.

“From the start, Ogemdi would come down and meet with me, provide me with all the equipment I needed and we would go out and work on fundamentals and technique. Even while he was in the NFL, he took the time to mentor me and teach me, and supplied anything I needed.” said Ndiaye.

Former Arizona Wildcats Head Coach Mike Stoops saw the same early potential, and offered a walk-on spot with a chance to earn a scholarship. But when Stoops was eventually fired, it left Elhadji in limbo.

“I really didn’t have a backup school or anywhere else to go. I bided my time playing basketball at prep school (Grossmont College in San Diego, CA), and waited for the right opportunity. A close friend of mine recommended Nebraska-Kearney, and it felt like the right fit. The rest is history.”
    The raw prospect that only oozed with potential was brought along slowly. Last year, his junior season and first in the sport of football, he was only a reserve and special teams player- only logging 5 tackles on the year.

This season, as a senior, Ndiaye was unleashed on the world. He busted loose with 46 tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, 7 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. Playing with no backup, and with an offense that had a tendency to keep the defense on the field, Elhadji displayed incredible endurance just finishing a game at times. That part about being one of the best kept secrets of the 2014 NFL draft class? Very quietly, Ndiaye has met with scouts from at least 20 NFL teams. It is truly a remarkable turnaround for a young man of tremendously high character, whom came from such humble beginnings.

“I always had to work for everything I’ve ever had, and I learned from my father to have a strong work ethic. Growing up that man did everything he could to keep us fed and worked any job he had to to provide for his family. There have been some dark times. I was homeless for a period of time between 2010 & 2011, and last year I couldn’t even afford a plane ticket home for the holidays. I stayed on campus and worked with the track team instead.”

Worked with the track team during holiday break? Seriously? Yes. This is a guy that spent this past summer sharpening his skills and developing his body into that of an elite pass rusher. He swam, boxed with Carolina Panthers RB Mike Tolbert, ran wind sprintspracticed technique with his good friend, Detroit Lions 1st round draft pick Ziggy Ansah, ran hills, and even did yoga.

“Everything in me was focused on being the best player I could be this season. I was determined, and only surrounded myself with the best people.”

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Here are a few of mine:

Richard Rodgers - TE Cal - Big TE who can get down the field. He is a Junior, but there has been talk of him declaring since Cal is so terrible.

Josh Stewart - WR Oklahoma St - Another Junior but a perfect slot option in the Pros. Excellent returner who is very versatile. Basically what we thought Jernigan could be.

Corey Robinson - OT South Carolina - Massive OT with the feet to possibly play LT yet he barely gets talked about. Would not be surprised if he is a top 2 round guy when the draft rolls around. Think Marcus McNeill

Rashad Reynolds - CB Oregon St. - Very good corner. Was as good as Poyer was last year. A little down this year but has ability.

Denzel Perryman - LB Miami - Excellent LB prospect. Can play inside or out and is scheme versatile. Would be an excellent 3-4 ILB or a 4-3 WLB. Could start in year 1 and will probably be available in round 3.
    would love robinson. he is a product of my high school (just 3 peated as state 3a champs btw ). he would join bruce carter and guy whimper as nfl players from my school and more are coming....trust me! i do love corey as you said he is massive, even spent some time at DT so he has a mean streak. would be a great addition. i said this last offseason and ill say it again, if we dont come away from this draft with 2-3 starting quality o lineman we will have another crap season.

A couple small school guys who I like (deep sleepers haha)

Zach Bauman RB Northern Arizona- Very Elusive guy. He can catch the ball well out of the backfield as well. I really think he is a guy flying under the radar that could be a potential steal in the later rounds. I am interested to see if he gets invited to the Senior Bowl

Zack Kerr DT Delaware- He is a huge DT who can rush the passer and has really good motor. He has really good play recognition and is quick off the ball.

Dakota Dozier OT/OG Furman- He is a very versatile OL who was really solid in the 2012 tape I saw of him vs Clemson. He might be worth a look in the later rounds. He could help his stock a lot if he gets an invite to the Senior Bowl I think.

Deron Furr OLB/S/ATH- He plays some on offense and he is a really fast guy to be playing LB. He plays Safety in certain situations too so you know he has to be pretty solid in coverage. He delivers big hits and can rush the passer pretty well too because of his speed. He has a brother Leron too who I heard is good as well but I haven't seen anything on him. He kind of reminds me of one of my favorite sleepers that I discovered last year in Rontez Miles if anyone remembers that guy laying people out lol

This Jordan Tripp OLB Montana kid is intriguing. Obviously i haven't got to see to much on field stuff , just the little i can find areound the web, but reading up on him, and looking at his measurables , hes really impressive. Hes 6ft 3in 238lbs, whos a 4yr starter, with oodles of production. His tackle numbers are really impressive, and he makes quite a few TFL also. I"m very intrested to see this kid run at the combine. If he at least runs a solid 40, i'm gonna start hoping Giants draft em.

Ya, Zach Kerr really intrigues me. Hes a load inside and gets great levrege. His lower half is seriously powerful. Kerr reminds me of Pat Sims for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, Zach Kerr really intrigues me. Hes a load inside and gets great levrege. His lower half is seriously powerful. Kerr reminds me of Pat Sims for some reason.
    Yeah there isn't much film on him but everything I have read on him is raving about his motor and pass rush ability from the DT spot. Jordan Tripp is another guy that I have read a lot of good things about but like you said there isn't much on the field stuff of him. That is why I am looking forward to the Senior Bowl to see what some of these small school guys can do

Terrance West RB Towson has really caught my eye lately. The dude is a work horse. He is 5'11 223, he has carried the ball 364 times for 2,295 yards 6.3 yard avg and 38 TD's! He went off in the quarterfinal of the FCS playoffs vs Eastern Illinois! He rushed the ball 39 times for 354 yards and 5 TD's!