+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Packers' QB Rodgers Has Fractured Left Collarbone

Packers' QB Rodgers Has Fractured Left Collarbone

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Pa....html?page=all

Excerpt: "The Packers’ franchise quarterback is taking a seat.

Aaron Rodgers said Tuesday he has a fractured left collarbone and has no idea yet how long he will be out. The Packers play the Giants on Nov. 17.

The 2011 NFL MVP offered details of the injury on his weekly radio show on 540-AM ESPN. He got hurt after getting sacked by the Bears’ Shea McClellin on a third-down play during the Packers’ first series while he was scrambling outside the pocket. He hurt his left, non-throwing shoulder.

“I do have a fractured collarbone. That’s a significant injury,” Rodgers said. “We’ll know more about the severity and the timetable later this week.”

Rodgers said he was holding out hope he would heal quickly. “In this case, it was considerably more pain than I’ve felt in a long time,” he added.

That collective groan you heard came from the state of Wisconsin.

The sliver of good news for the Packers: coach Mike McCarthy indicated that the injury won’t end Rodgers’ season. He sounded much more optimistic than after Monday night’s 27-20 loss to Chicago.

“I’m relieved, no doubt,” McCarthy told reporters at Lambeau Field. “With the new information that was given today, everybody felt better about it. How long? We don’t have our hands around a timeline yet, but I know Aaron is very optimistic and he’ll do everything he can to get back in a timely fashion.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Well that's probably their season over. Congratulations, Detroit.

Unbelievable run of injuries for the Packers - Cobb and Finley to IR, while Jones, Lacy and Matthews have missed time. It's impressive that they've been able to hold themselves together for as long as they have.

+ Reply to Thread