+ Reply to Thread

Is this the last year for Ramses Barden?

Look I know the kid hasnt produced. Both Nicks and Cruz are flat out freakin studs, and I do believe SS will be a Giant again next year (granted its a hunch), and Manningham as a #3 is lethal to opposing defenses.

I have absolutely NOTHING to base this on ... BUT I just got a really bad feeling that Barden at some point is gonna be an absolute terror in this league and I really dont want it to be when we dont have him.

I guess the point im making is this... Would you guys keep Barden above MM and SS? I know its ridiculous but i cant feeling this guy is gonna be something special and the idea of Hicks, Cruz, and full potential Barden would be unstoppable.

BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran

Re: Is this the last year for Ramses Barden?

Well, i honestly don't see Smith coming back. Manninghams contract is up here and i dont really see him resigning because the Giants won't be willing to pay him. So unless Jernigan steps up I think Barden will be here another year.

No

[quote user="thomsoad"]Look I know the kid hasnt produced. Both Nicks and Cruz are flat out freakin studs, and I do believe SS will be a Giant again next year (granted its a hunch), and Manningham as a #3 is lethal to opposing defenses.

I have absolutely NOTHING to base this on ... BUT I just got a really bad feeling that Barden at some point is gonna be an absolute terror in this league and I really dont want it to be when we dont have him.

I guess the point im making is this... Would you guys keep Barden above MM and SS? I know its ridiculous but i cant feeling this guy is gonna be something special and the idea of Hicks, Cruz, and full potential Barden would be unstoppable.[/quote]

Steve Smith will never be a Giant again. Take that to the bank. His career is most likely over with that second knee injury.

Starter

I think he just needs some one on one workouts with TC in the off-season to toughen him up a little. A tall receiver can be an advantage in certain situations.

[quote user="nYg24"]Well, i honestly don't see Smith coming back. Manninghams contract is up here and i dont really see him resigning because the Giants won't be willing to pay him. So unless Jernigan steps up I think Barden will be here another year.[/quote]
    +1

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"][quote user="thomsoad"]Look I know the kid hasnt produced. Both Nicks and Cruz are flat out freakin studs, and I do believe SS will be a Giant again next year (granted its a hunch), and Manningham as a #3 is lethal to opposing defenses.

I guess the point im making is this... Would you guys keep Barden above MM and SS? I know its ridiculous but i cant feeling this guy is gonna be something special and the idea of Hicks, Cruz, and full potential Barden would be unstoppable.[/quote]

Steve Smith will never be a Giant again. Take that to the bank. His career is most likely over with that second knee injury.[/quote]

This

Who cares whether a #4, 5 or 6 receiver will be back next year? I don't remember a single thing he's done in his time here to endear himself to Giants fans. Oh, wait ............he is tall. lol
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"][quote user="thomsoad"]Look I know the kid hasnt produced. Both Nicks and Cruz are flat out freakin studs, and I do believe SS will be a Giant again next year (granted its a hunch), and Manningham as a #3 is lethal to opposing defenses.

Steve Smith will never be a Giant again. Take that to the bank. His career is most likely over with that second knee injury.[/quote]
    im with you on the ss12 never being a giant again, but the 2nd injury was a bruise on the bone of that same knee. Not a doc so dk really if its serious.