+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Forgot about Dyshawn Davis. Another solid LB for the Orange to look out for in a few years.
    Agreed they do have some good players. I think it just has taken a while for them to get used to the new coaching. Hunt coming in for Allen at QB has been huge for us also.

I think Ashton Broyld could be a pretty good prospect in a year or two also. They just need to find more ways to get him the ball because he is a playmaker

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Agreed they do have some good players. I think it just has taken a while for them to get used to the new coaching. Hunt coming in for Allen at QB has been huge for us also.

I think Ashton Broyld could be a pretty good prospect in a year or two also. They just need to find more ways to get him the ball because he is a playmaker
    True. I wish they could pull in a 5 star or 2 though. They need that one guy to be the man on offense and defense. Not saying they can compete with the FSU's or Clemsens, but they can be just below that. They need to not lay the eggs like the GT game. That was God awful. I think they are in good hands still though. Headed in the right direction.

Yeah they have improved their recruiting quite a bit over the years. I think if they can get a stud at QB or RB or WR in this recruiting class and like a stud DE they would be good. I think they can go a solid 8-9 win team going forward if they can continue to recruit well

Ok. After watching him today I am sold. Get me Smith, Spruill and Bromley this year. Lol

My problem with him is I do not know if he is an NFL DT or a DE. I suspect a few scouts are toiling with this question too. I think if he can go to the senior bowl/ combine and show a bit of a DE skillset then the question will be resolved and teams will be happier. If not I am notsure he is an every down DT in the NFL . His penetration is excellent but he isn't the stonewall you want in the middle. Zone blocking is very popular in the NFL right now and he doesn't have much experience vs it and the couple times he did face it he gave up some big holes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    My problem with him is I do not know if he is an NFL DT or a DE. I suspect a few scouts are toiling with this question too. I think if he can go to the senior bowl/ combine and show a bit of a DE skillset then the question will be resolved and teams will be happier. If not I am notsure he is an every down DT in the NFL . His penetration is excellent but he isn't the stonewall you want in the middle. Zone blocking is very popular in the NFL right now and he doesn't have much experience vs it and the couple times he did face it he gave up some big holes.
    I understand what you mean, but this kid just seems to be one of those players that you can plug in ans he will.make plays. He can add on a few pounds and get to 300. He is 6'3. That's a big kid. He has a nastiness as well. I bet after the combine he will be shooting up the boards. People will start watching his tape.

I understand what you mean, but this kid just seems to be one of those players that you can plug in ans he will.make plays. He can add on a few pounds and get to 300. He is 6'3. That's a big kid. He has a nastiness as well. I bet after the combine he will be shooting up the boards. People will start watching his tape.
    I do not mean to down talk him as a prospect. He is going to make a good NFL player.

My question about him being "stonewall" enough doesn't stem from his size. 285 is workable coming out of college. As you point out its not hard for him to reach 300lbs. The question is more about playstyle. He is very good at getting through gaps. I just don't know how good he is at controlling them yet.

I don't see the Giants going for a DT early on in the draft. Im thinking O-Line should be what they concentrate on then LB,CB and maybe DT in the late rounds. The kid from Wisconsin Beau Allen isn't bad 6'3 335 strong and powerful stops the run and collapses the pocket on passing downs.

And there it is STRICK! 3rd round?! Wow.

And there it is STRICK! 3rd round?! Wow.
    Yeah we talked about him early on. He played well at the Senior Bowl and had double digit sacks. He will be a good rotational DT early on IMO. 3rd still is earlier than I would have liked but at least it's a player I like