+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Been a daily reader since '01, finally a member

Yeah so it took me about a decade but I decided to become a poster with some interesting thoughts on tomorrow's game.
    First off, I think we need to relax with all the Superbowl talk. The team has been far too inconsistent all year to be so confident in a run at this point. Plus all the ESPN attention the Giants getting isn't helping their cause. I, like many others, tend to think the team plays better as underdogs, particularly when they have a chip on their shoulder. The games we think we are going to win heading in never turn out that way--this year having multiple examples. It's the playoffs baby, all about taking this one game at a time.
    Being that weather looks to be safe, I'd say that the biggest things holding back the offense tomorrow would be a case of the drops, or if Abraham can somehow get to and rattle Eli. Other than that I'm expecting a big time day from our boy, and his receivers as well. The key to the offense overall though has to be the running game. We looked good last week, can we continue?
    Defense I'm a bit worried. Roddy White, even with his drops this season, can still be lethal, and the same goes for Jones across the field. Plus Tony Gonzalez is still himself, hopefully we can shut him down similar to Witten. But it's safe to say these days Ross is not looking like the rookie phenom we thought we had on our hands and Prince, though I think will eventually be solid, is not up to par just yet. Then again it's pretty damn hard to throw the ball when you're on your back so I think JPP has got to be ready to unleash. Turner could have a good day too, but I feel like our run defense is not as horrendous as it was at started off.
    With that being said I'll be tossing and turning all night getting ready for this one to kickoff!
    LET'S GO BLUE!!

Re: Been a daily reader since '01, finally a member

[quote user="rwmcquarters"]Yeah so it took me about a decade but I decided to become a poster with some interesting thoughts on tomorrow's game.
    First off, I think we need to relax with all the Superbowl talk. The team has been far too inconsistent all year to be so confident in a run at this point. Plus all the ESPN attention the Giants getting isn't helping their cause. I, like many others, tend to think the team plays better as underdogs, particularly when they have a chip on their shoulder. The games we think we are going to win heading in never turn out that way--this year having multiple examples. It's the playoffs baby, all about taking this one game at a time.
    Being that weather looks to be safe, I'd say that the biggest things holding back the offense tomorrow would be a case of the drops, or if Abraham can somehow get to and rattle Eli. Other than that I'm expecting a big time day from our boy, and his receivers as well. The key to the offense overall though has to be the running game. We looked good last week, can we continue?
    Defense I'm a bit worried. Roddy White, even with his drops this season, can still be lethal, and the same goes for Jones across the field. Plus Tony Gonzalez is still himself, hopefully we can shut him down similar to Witten. But it's safe to say these days Ross is not looking like the rookie phenom we thought we had on our hands and Prince, though I think will eventually be solid, is not up to par just yet. Then again it's pretty damn hard to throw the ball when you're on your back so I think JPP has got to be ready to unleash. Turner could have a good day too, but I feel like our run defense is not as horrendous as it was at started off.
    With that being said I'll be tossing and turning all night getting ready for this one to kickoff!
    LET'S GO BLUE!!
    [/quote]Come back again, and don't wait 10 years to do it! [B]
    No one remembers who came in second.

Welcome home. [D]

Welcome home. Why the name R.W. McQuarters? Just curious.

[quote user="JJC7301"]Welcome home. Why the name R.W. McQuarters? Just curious.[/quote]
    Maybe the final nail in the number one seed cowboys coffin with his INT?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Good post let's go Giants!!!

I was a long time reader, never a poster as well. Welcome aboard

[quote user="JJC7301"]Welcome home. Why the name R.W. McQuarters? Just curious.[/quote]

R.W. was always a favorite of mine. I think it was the dreadlock and Spongebob Squarepants bandaid swagger that caught my eye.
    And the interception helps too, let's not bring up his impact in the game after that however.

Thanks for the welcomes!

[quote user="rwmcquarters"][quote user="JJC7301"]Welcome home. Why the name R.W. McQuarters? Just curious.[/quote]

R.W. was always a favorite of mine. I think it was the dreadlock and Spongebob Squarepants bandaid swagger that caught my eye.
    And the interception helps too, let's not bring up his impact in the game after that however.

Thanks for the welcomes![/quote]
    Yep, lots of love for R.W. He made that great interception and helped lead a young secondary in Ross and Webb at the time.

Welcome home bro !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.