+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I start Peyton or Eli this week??

Guys, I'm in a very serious dilemma.

Should I start Eli against GB or Peyton Manning against Kansas City? Peyton has been in a slump while Eli has been hitting on all cylinders..
    Uh..go Giants?

Pick up Cooper off waivers

this a joke right? lol

id start jeff tuel

also, see if Owens is playing this week. I saw him on the sidelines last week fr the niners

Honestly, idk. I started Eli over Rodgers week 1 and it paid dividends... But then again, to me there's no such thing as a "matchup-proof" starter... it's ALWAYS about the matchups in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Honestly, idk. I started Eli over Rodgers week 1 and it paid dividends... But then again, to me there's no such thing as a "matchup-proof" starter... it's ALWAYS about the matchups in my book.
    As far as QBs go, Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Matthew Stafford are the closest to sure things. Their floor sits at around 15 points, and they'll usually only hit that once or twice in a season.

Eli is match-up proof in the sense that he has the capacity to blow up on a good defense, and disappear against a bad one. He's had many great match-ups this season and has squandered them all. He really shouldn't be owned at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    As far as QBs go, Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Matthew Stafford are the closest to sure things. Their floor sits at around 15 points, and they'll usually only hit that once or twice in a season.

Eli is match-up proof in the sense that he has the capacity to blow up on a good defense, and disappear against a bad one. He's had many great match-ups this season and has squandered them all. He really shouldn't be owned at all.
    I was talking week 1, not now... I cut Eli after week 5, and traded Rodgers in week 4 for Wilson and Wilson... one of them got hurt, but the other is doing better than Rodgers nowadays...

never bench Peyton.. NEVER..!!!
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

You really should not be playing fantasy football if you need to ask this question.

I would start Peyton on a bye over Eli.

Peyton >>> Gabbert.. just sayin
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    You really should not be playing fantasy football if you need to ask this question.

I would start Peyton on a bye over Eli.
    Why are there such sacred cows in fantasy? Yes, I would start Peyton over Eli in this matchup, given the way Eli has played of late. But people take "definite" starters way too seriously in fantasy. Everyone called me ******ed when I started Andre Brown over Ray Rice last year...