+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

I'm tired of the Saints and today's NFL offense

I know fans find it exciting, but I see today's NFL offenses (and stats) becoming like baseball's home runs in the '90s and '00s -- ridiculous.

I have no hatred towards the Saints -- I like Brees and Sean Payton and was happy when they won a few years ago, but I'm sick and tired of these seemingly unstoppable offenses where it seems to be the only way to win is to have one less punt than the Saints.

Someone else posted a question about dominant defenses being a bygone era. I sincerely hope not, and with 3 QB's having over 5,000 yards passing (and Eli right under that #) in one year is ridiculous.

I REALLY hope that we make it to the NFC Championship game and REALLY hope that the Saints are there to play us. I'm not saying that we have a dominant D, but I honestly want to take them on again and try to put an end to the insane amount of 40+ points that the Saints and so many offenses seem to put up on a routine basis.

Kudos to the Lions for giving the Saints a run for their money in the 1st half. That blown call on the fumble recovery could have been a game changer.

Re: I'm tired of the Saints and today's NFL offense

I made that thread and yes i really don't know how to defend that offense. They have talent on key spots on offense which is crazy.

[quote user="JJC7301"]I know fans find it exciting, but I see today's NFL offenses (and stats) becoming like baseball's home runs in the '90s and '00s -- ridiculous.

I have no hatred towards the Saints -- I like Brees and Sean Payton and was happy when they won a few years ago, but I'm sick and tired of these seemingly unstoppable offenses where it seems to be the only way to win is to have one less punt than the Saints.

Someone else posted a question about dominant defenses being a bygone era. I sincerely hope not, and with 3 QB's having over 5,000 yards passing (and Eli right under that #) in one year is ridiculous.

I REALLY hope that we make it to the NFC Championship game and REALLY hope that the Saints are there to play us. I'm not saying that we have a dominant D, but I honestly want to take them on again and try to put an end to the insane amount of 40+ points that the Saints and so many offenses seem to put up on a routine basis.

Kudos to the Lions for giving the Saints a run for their money in the 1st half. That blown call on the fumble recovery could have been a game changer.[/quote]

The Saints are scum.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

[quote user="Sundown"]I made that thread and yes i really don't know how to defend that offense. They have talent on key spots on offense which is crazy.[/quote]The bigger factor is that they have coaching staff that KNOWS how to take advantage of the talent.

49ers will beat them.

[quote user="JJC7301"]I know fans find it exciting, but I see today's NFL offenses (and stats) becoming like baseball's home runs in the '90s and '00s -- ridiculous.

Kudos to the Lions for giving the Saints a run for their money in the 1st half. That blown call on the fumble recovery could have been a game changer.[/quote]

NFL offense joke. Turned the game into a joke.Touch Football anyone.

Hope a real football league is formed and we can get away from this throw a flag league.

Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

If we do face the saints @ their house, expect another 40+ point game. their O-line is allowed to get away with nearly any hold making any D-line non-existent which allows brees to do whatever he wants
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Totally agree. This is not entertaining football. Baylor/Washington was not entertaining football. When teams score every possession it is not exciting or even fun to watch but boring and really , really frustrating. That mixed with my extreme dislike for Drew Brees (I know he's a good guy, just can't stand him) and this game was almost impossible to watch. Hopefully San Fran or even we can show them whats up in a few weeks.
    Because he's got no knees and I know how to type.

Saints annoy me really. Happy for them but really annoying.

[quote user="giantsforce"][quote user="Sundown"]I made that thread and yes i really don't know how to defend that offense. They have talent on key spots on offense which is crazy.[/quote]The bigger factor is that they have coaching staff that KNOWS how to take advantage of the talent.[/quote]

Freaking crazy, constant 3-4 receiver routes. Every time someone is WIDE open.