+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Giants' Insider: JPP Can't Shoulder Load

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1516418

Excerpt: "Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul did not practice Wednesday due to a shoulder injury and declared himself out for Thursday, as well. But he was non-committal regarding his availability for Sunday’s game against the Packers.

“I’m still pretty sore,” he said. “My shoulder just hurts. That’s it. It’s getting better and better. I don’t know about the game. I’m just going day-by-day.”

“Once it stops hurting me, I’ll play,” Pierre-Paul added. “I’ll see how it feels Sunday. I’m not going to rush back for no reason. I’m not going to go out there unless I feel comfortable and I feel I can play the whole game, not half a game.”

Pierre-Paul, who has been limited to two sacks and 21 tackles in nine games, collected a sack and forced a holding penalty in the first quarter of Sunday’s win over the Oakland Raiders before hurting his shoulder.

“It’s going to be some ups and downs in your career,” he said. “Right now, this (injury) is a baby compared to may back surgery. I got over that and I’m going to get over this.”

Before Wednesday’s workout, Tom Coughlin expressed optimism that Pierre-Paul would be back for practice Thursday.

“I would hope,” Coughlin said." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Hopefully this may provide an opportunity for Moore to get some additional snaps on defense
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Just sit him for the rest of the season. It's pointless to throw him into the mix when he is not 100% or even 80%. He is just damaging his long term career. He is a pass-rushing bum- Injury maybe?

Let Moore play. He's hungrier and NOT INJURED!
    “JPP said there would be blood in the water,” Scandrick said. “Did he even have a stat today?”

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Just sit him for the rest of the season. It's pointless to throw him into the mix when he is not 100% or even 80%. He is just damaging his long term career. He is a pass-rushing bum- Injury maybe?

I'll take an 80% JPP over the rookie. Especially since it's a shoulder, not a leg. I like Moore a lot, but in a game where GB is probably going to have to run the ball a lot, I'd rather JPP be out there.

Moore should get a few more snaps, but if JPP is injured and can't go he can't go. We are not going up against an extremely mobile QB. Let him get healthy and be back for the Dallas revenge match.

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post

If JPP is healthy, he'll play. He has gotten better and is getting back to form as far as his back is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I'll take an 80% JPP over the rookie. Especially since it's a shoulder, not a leg. I like Moore a lot, but in a game where GB is probably going to have to run the ball a lot, I'd rather JPP be out there.
    and risk re-injuring his shoulder. I'm not a Dr. but on a DE you would figure the shoulder is extremely important.
    “JPP said there would be blood in the water,” Scandrick said. “Did he even have a stat today?”

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    that makes no sense at all. "only a sholder"??. Try playing DE with a hurt shoulder. You are pretty much useless.

Put Moore in.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Whether JPP can play or not should depend on the level of injury. I don't feel like he needs to be out there no matter what, we drafted players like D. Moore for a reason.

Look at how we played Nicks hurt for a large portion of last year, I really think it wore him out.

Moore will surprise everyone once he gets som regular playing time. There is a reason he is a monster on SP...the guy can flat out ball! I REALLY want to see him play!