+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tuck States Case To Stay A Giant

http://nypost.com/2013/11/13/tuck-st...-stay-a-giant/

Excerpt: "Justin Tuck is loving life as a Giant again, making his move in this contract year to stay in the only place he has known and wants to know. To stay a Giant. To retire a Giant.

No longer is the game not fun for him. No longer is he handicapped and handcuffed by one injury after the next, ravaged by self-doubt. No longer he is emotionally weighed down by the loss of loved ones. No longer does the fleeting thought of walking away from the game he loves again distract him from being the player he still knows he can be.

He is 30 years old now, married and a father of two boys, and he has seen so many of his former teammates come and go, the Ahmad Bradshaws, the Steve Smiths, the Chase Blackburns, the Chris Cantys, the Michael Boleys. It’s a great life, playing a kid’s game for millions, but it is also a cruel, bottom-line business without compassion.

In a quiet corner of the Giants locker room, a locker room he has known since 2005, Tuck is asked whether any part of him is trying to make a case there is no way the Giants can part with him.

“It’s every part of me trying to make a case for that,” Tuck told The Post. “If you ask me ‘Do I want to end my career as a Giant?’, that’s an obvious

‘Yes.’ But I also understand the business side of things, I also understand that I haven’t played my best football the last three years.

“Will it crush me to not be a Giant? I don’t think it’ll crush me, but … I want to be a New York Giant.”

Most importantly, the men who play alongside him want him to be a New York Giant.

“He’s the ultimate … perfect figure of what you want on a football team. If you’re going to start to build a team — like LeBron James — that’s the type of guy you want to start with,” Jon Beason said.

Beason, as perceptive as they come, is aware Tuck is on the last year of his contract.

“Got to bring him back … got to do something to bring him back,” Beason said. “I would love to see him back. I would love to be back, too.

“He is Big Blue, you know?”

Captain Rolle doesn’t want Captain Tuck going anywhere.

“He’s pretty much the type of guy that you want to have in your locker room, you want to have as a teammate,” Antrel Rolle said. “ Just playing alongside of him I think has been nothing less than phenomenal.”

Tuck is playing like he wants to show the club he still has plenty left.

“Well I hope they understand I got a lot of gas in the tank,” Tuck said.

“I got healthy, and was able to train the way I needed to train, and eating the right things. … I’m in a great place mentally in my life. I really don’t have any complaints.”

I ask him if he is playing as well as he has played in a while.

“I always tell people regardless of what they say about me, I’m my biggest critic, and right now I feel like I’m Mr. Almost,” Tuck said, and chuckled. “I got about 30 almost sacks this season. I feel good. I feel fast. I feel … I’m healthy for the first time in a long time. For me, man, it’s about just helping this team win, and I think the coaches understand that I’m willing to do whatever it takes, and that’s the biggest part.' Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I love Tuck. He is and will always be a Giant but his time is up.
    He is deteriorating. His time is over just like BJ.

Thank you and good bye.
    “JPP said there would be blood in the water,” Scandrick said. “Did he even have a stat today?”

I would sign him to a decent 2 year deal and let him retire a Giant. Even if he isn't the pass rusher he once was, he is a beast against the run.
    Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

Tuck will always be a Giant to me, but I am always skeptical of players that "just happen" to be healthy and playing well in their contract year. Maybe it's just a coincidence but it seems to happen a lot. (although it's not happening with Nicks). I just feel his time has come, unless they can get him real cheap. There are more important places that we need to spend the money. I really think the future is JPP and Moore, and don't think we will see that as long as Tuck is here.

He wont take the pay cut JR is going to offer Ill bet... He may be another case that signs elsewhere to get paid and return to the Giants later... We would take him back esp., at the price...

Truthfully if we change DC he wont be back period...
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. He is smart and will adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by timmytimm3 View Post
    I would sign him to a decent 2 year deal and let him retire a Giant. Even if he isn't the pass rusher he once was, he is a beast against the run.
    Thats the thing... We need pass rushers... It NY football... Tuck wouldnt stop the run at DT like the current cast so therefore he will not be of much use... If JR draft DE 1st, Tuck is history
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. He is smart and will adjust.

He IS of some value to this team, but his idea of his value and JR's will never match up... no way.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

I can't stand it when a guy underperforms for years and then picks it up in a contract year. Give him a one year deal to make him prove that he can continue to be the guy playing this year and not the guy who underperformed for the previous three.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I can't stand it when a guy underperforms for years and then picks it up in a contract year. Give him a one year deal to make him prove that he can continue to be the guy playing this year and not the guy who underperformed for the previous three.
    I like that idea.
    Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Yes of course - we hate when players pick it up in their contract year, but yet also hate players who are underperforming in their contract years because they should be playing up for a new contract.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant