+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trent

Veteran

Trent

I know some of you guys really know your stuff on here so could you tell me why Trent Richardson is so highly rated? Mark Ingram went 28th overall and he had very similar production out of the same scheme. Why is Trent a top 10 pick? Do you think he will fall?

Re: Trent

[quote user="Spizi"]I know some of you guys really know your stuff on here so could you tell me why Trent Richardson is so highly rated? Mark Ingram went 28th overall and he had very similar production out of the same scheme. Why is Trent a top 10 pick? Do you think he will fall?[/quote] more & more were seeing it being unnecessary to draft any RB high unless he just an absolute super human Adrian Peterson type....
    Majority of the stud RBs in the league weren't 1st rounders....

Veteran

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Spizi"]I know some of you guys really know your stuff on here so could you tell me why Trent Richardson is so highly rated? Mark Ingram went 28th overall and he had very similar production out of the same scheme. Why is Trent a top 10 pick? Do you think he will fall?[/quote] more & more were seeing it being unnecessary to draft any RB high unless he just an absolute super human Adrian Peterson type....
    Majority of the stud RBs in the league weren't 1st rounders....[/quote]

Exactly why I'm wondering why Trent is so highly rated this year. He is definitely not super human like AP.

He is a different type of RB that Ingram. Trent will carry 4 defenders on his back and is an absolute freak when it comes to his strength. He's a RB and is still considered by many to be pound for pound the strongest player in college football. Weight lifting champ and track star in Florida in high school and has to be reeled in by coaches in regards to how much they let him lift or press. They've had to restrict him from the weight room at times. He is stronger than Ingram and faster than Ingram. Ingram had better vision though and is better at following blockers. Most importantly, it's a different year and teams have different needs. I for one couldn't believe we passed on Ingram when he dropped that far. I doubt Trent will, but it's all about needs and risks when you have higher picks. I HOPE teams ahead of us decide they don't want a RB. Trent is a rare type of player and will show that at the combine.

For starters, you’re talking about a 225-pound guy who’s run a 10.4 in the 100 meters and a 4.37 in the 40-yard dash.

He said the Alabama strength staff stopped him at 465 pounds on the bench-press.

“They didn’t want me straining anything, But I wonder what I could do for real.”

The same goes for squats and the power clean. Richardson said he
    wasn’t allowed to go higher than 600 pounds on squats and “did that
    easy.”

He’s gone all the way up to 365 pounds on the power clean, but said he was doing that in high school.

Teams should look to draft a guy like James in the second before looking at guys like trent in the first. I'd take the elusiveness of James any day - he's freakishly athletic and reminds me a lot of sproles, but i think he's capable of more.

[quote user="Bigg Bluee"]Teams should look to draft a guy like James in the second before looking at guys like trent in the first. I'd take the elusiveness of James any day - he's freakishly athletic and reminds me a lot of sproles, but i think he's capable of more.[/quote]

Funny, I thought there was a big game today

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Veteran

[quote user="Spizi"]I know some of you guys really know your stuff on here so could you tell me why Trent Richardson is so highly rated? Mark Ingram went 28th overall and he had very similar production out of the same scheme. Why is Trent a top 10 pick? Do you think he will fall?[/quote]

Richardson really is a better athlete though. If you just watch the two play, Richardson is going to be a better back, or so it seems.

I do think he will fall. I dont think he would make it past the bengals if he did. I also dont think he would fall to us, but if he did I do believe we would draft him unless someone at a key skill position that we have rated higher falls. I think if prince would not have fallen last year we would of likely drafted ingram because the OL we wanted did not reach us, I think Ingram would of been the guy if prince would not have fallen.

Im glad, Id much rather have richardson, unfortunately i dont think hed fall to us and i doubt wed trade up for a RB in rnd 1

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

[quote user="Bigg Bluee"]Teams should look to draft a guy like James in the second before looking at guys like trent in the first. I'd take the elusiveness of James any day - he's freakishly athletic and reminds me a lot of sproles, but i think he's capable of more.[/quote]

[/quote]

what does that have to do with this thread...we can't talk about college football running backs transitioning to the nfl because there is a game today? last i checked nobody here is calling for the giants drafting a runningback

Veteran

[quote user="critters"]He is a different type of RB that Ingram. Trent will carry 4 defenders on his back and is an absolute freak when it comes to his strength. He's a RB and is still considered by many to be pound for pound the strongest player in college football. Weight lifting champ and track star in Florida in high school and has to be reeled in by coaches in regards to how much they let him lift or press. They've had to restrict him from the weight room at times. He is stronger than Ingram and faster than Ingram. Ingram had better vision though and is better at following blockers. Most importantly, it's a different year and teams have different needs. I for one couldn't believe we passed on Ingram when he dropped that far. I doubt Trent will, but it's all about needs and risks when you have higher picks. I HOPE teams ahead of us decide they don't want a RB. Trent is a rare type of player and will show that at the combine.

For starters, you’re talking about a 225-pound guy who’s run a 10.4 in the 100 meters and a 4.37 in the 40-yard dash.

He said the Alabama strength staff stopped him at 465 pounds on the bench-press.

“They didn’t want me straining anything, But I wonder what I could do for real.”

The same goes for squats and the power clean. Richardson said he wasn’t allowed to go higher than 600 pounds on squats and “did that easy.”

He’s gone all the way up to 365 pounds on the power clean, but said he was doing that in high school.

[/quote]

yeah just ask the LSU defense what its like to play richardson, dudes said they were sore and hurting the next day. Said they had never had to tackle a guy like Trent. Said there is no way one defender could ever get him down.

Richardson is the real deal, just watch him monday against one of the best defenses in college football.

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

[/quote]

Yet here who you posting this stupid sh!t.

+ Reply to Thread