+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Sorry I don't see it that way
    We have been stopping the run all year......now we are pressuring the QB too and smothering the receivers

These are NFL teams we have been hobbling. Philadelphia looked totally overmatched, I don't remember them crossing the 50 yd line, Oakland got one grifted Jerrigan TD.....THIS DEFENSE IS FOR REAL
    I'm sorry but you really can't gauge this defense based on Freeman, Barkley, Pryor. And quite frankly if they do it again this week against GB's 3rd string QB, I won't be convinced yet either.

Show it to me against Dallas, Washington, Detroit, San Diego, and Seattle and I will be on board 100%..

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I'm sorry but you really can't gauge this defense based on Freeman, Barkley, Pryor. And quite frankly if they do it again this week against GB's 3rd string QB, I won't be convinced yet either.

Show it to me against Dallas, Washington, Detroit, San Diego, and Seattle and I will be on board 100%..
    I'm sorry but I don't care what you think

If QB accuracy were the determining factor I'd agree but these QBs are under siege and the opponents inability to run has nothing to do with their QB
    This defense is extremely good

If they do it next week to Romo you will tell me he's not any good either.......you are just a doubter

I agree about the "unkown" factor with the back up QB's. But I'd still rather take my chances than face arguably the best QB in the league.
    We have beaten Rodgers before
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

If QB accuracy were the determining factor I'd agree but these QBs are under siege and the opponents inability to run has nothing to do with their QB

If they do it next week to Romo you will tell me he's not any good either.......you are just a doubter
    How can you say the inability to run has nothing to do with the QB. When you are playing a garbage QB, you stack the box and dare him to throw the ball. You shut down the run, and force him to beat you in the air.

And I actually think Romo is a very good QB (choker in the big spot) but Dallas has a real good offense, and I will be very impressed if the defense dominates the Cowboys..

Of course you care what he thinks or you wouldn't be communicating with him. Stop being a dork
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

How can you say the inability to run has nothing to do with the QB. When you are playing a garbage QB, you stack the box and dare him to throw the ball. You shut down the run, and force him to beat you in the air.

And I actually think Romo is a very good QB (choker in the big spot) but Dallas has a real good offense, and I will be very impressed if the defense dominates the Cowboys..
    No one has run on us all year.....your point is moot

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We have beaten Rodgers before
    Yes, but does that mean you'd rather face him than a 3rd string back up? The way we have been scoring points this year, I'd like our chances much better against a guy with 0 NFL experience.

No one has run on us all year.....your point is moot
    OK, and before the stretch of bad QB's, we were the most scored upon team in the league. Coincidence??

I know, turnovers and special teams.

Yes, but does that mean you'd rather face him than a 3rd string back up? The way we have been scoring points this year, I'd like our chances much better against a guy with 0 NFL experience.
    It means the offense has to put its collective big boy panties on and match the effort of the defense. Brown being back makes that doable IMO

well......I am one who is still not expecting much from this team overall. I have them winning no more than 6 games. I am usually not so criticle but this season just seems like it will be a dud. Eli has been so off and I really cant put my finger on why. if thnis season goes into the tank it will be mostly because of him the way he is playing. However he is also the reason the season my be slavaged too. Its up to Eli IMO.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch