+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    well......I am one who is still not expecting much from this team overall. I have them winning no more than 6 games. I am usually not so criticle but this season just seems like it will be a dud. Eli has been so off and I really cant put my finger on why. if thnis season goes into the tank it will be mostly because of him the way he is playing. However he is also the reason the season my be slavaged too. Its up to Eli IMO.
    +1 in the coming weeks this offense will have to start putting up more points.. Turning the FG's into TD's..

well......I am one who is still not expecting much from this team overall. I have them winning no more than 6 games. I am usually not so criticle but this season just seems like it will be a dud. Eli has been so off and I really cant put my finger on why. if thnis season goes into the tank it will be mostly because of him the way he is playing. However he is also the reason the season my be slavaged too. Its up to Eli IMO.
    Eli is going to get it together and, with Brown, will put points up on the board.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Eli is going to get it together and, with Brown, will put points up on the board.
    I hope so Ro....

I hope so....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

People seem to forget that 6 TDs this yr have come off 3 pick 6s & 3 STs TDs, so that's 42 pts that the D had nothing to do with. Add in a few that were due to the opponents starting deep in our side of the field due to offensive TOs & the Giants D really has not been bad at all this yr. The Giants D has actually given up less pts than Dallas,Wash & Philly's defenses after 9 games.

Will Hill has made a big difference since he's been back too. Between he and Beason I think they really have this defense flying around like they should. As long as they keep playing like this the offense should be able to get some sort of play action game going and the team might look a little more like a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I agree about the "unkown" factor with the back up QB's. But I'd still rather take my chances than face arguably the best QB in the league.
    But you know we will be treated to a chorus of "Sure we won, Rodgers wasn't playing..." if we win.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I hope so Ro....

I hope so....
    Have I ever steered you wrong?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Honestly at one point we were giving up 32 points per game.....I was ready to strangle Fewell

For the life of me I have no idea what changed other than Beason

During the Chicago game the defense got together and talked to Fewell about simplifying the defense... that, along with Beason IMO, has made all the difference. Players aren't consciously rationalizing what they should do and when, they are playing at an instinctive level.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    But you know we will be treated to a chorus of "Sure we won, Rodgers wasn't playing..." if we win.
    Sure, and I might be one of the guys saying that. But who cares we just need wins right now. At some point the defense will get a chance to show us that they are for real against a complete team.

Veteran
    Color me a huge doubter, they played good offenses in the past. How'd that workout. If they hold up against Romo, and he's not the ultimate litmus test either, it's still a valid test. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't care what you think

If QB accuracy were the determining factor I'd agree but these QBs are under siege and the opponents inability to run has nothing to do with their QB
    This defense is extremely good

If they do it next week to Romo you will tell me he's not any good either.......you are just a doubter