+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Giants' offense way too conventional and predictable

Kevin Gilbride and Tom Coughlin should be fired. Every set of downs, the play calling is the exact same, making the defense's job easy: 1st down, an impotent run for 1.5 yards. 2nd down, a short quick pass aimed for the slot receiver or tight end. 3rd down, a feckless, hopeless, rushed pass over a blitz aimed at picking up a first down. 3rd and long invariably brings about a screen pass for a 2 yard pick up. What's worse is that I've actually heard commentators praising the Giants for "sticking with the run!" What is commendable about continuing to run the ball when you're averaging 30 yards on the ground? Nothing. Offenses like the Packers and Patriots know that they are passing offenses and don't try forcing their neutered run-game. Honestly, the Giants function like robots. Their coaching staff must be the worst chess players of all time. Old people just can't adapt. Coughlin and Gilbride will continue to play the inside the box football that they learned in 1952 when they were in their 20's. If I were a defense, 1st down would be 4-3, and 2nd and 3rd down would be a nickel double A gap blitz every time. The coaching staff's incompetence is making Eli look like a mediocre quarterback. Joe Montana would have Eli's numbers this season if Coughlin was coaching the '89 Niners.

I'd like to see the first play of the Packers-Giants game start with a flea-flicker with a long ball to Nicks. I guarantee huge yardage from such a play. Furthermore, it would convince the coaching staff of the Packers that Gilbride is not, in fact, some kind of football robot who is preprogrammed with the computer's playcalling engine from 1992 Tecmo Super Bowl for SNES.

Is anyone else sick of Coughlin trying to jam a round peg into a square hole? The Giants aren't a running squad. They need to quit trying to be "balanced."

Tecmo Super Bowl was an NES title not SNES so your argument is flawed

Quote Originally Posted by drgordon126 View Post
    Kevin Gilbride and Tom Coughlin should be fired. Every set of downs, the play calling is the exact same, making the defense's job easy: 1st down, an impotent run for 1.5 yards. 2nd down, a short quick pass aimed for the slot receiver or tight end. 3rd down, a feckless, hopeless, rushed pass over a blitz aimed at picking up a first down. 3rd and long invariably brings about a screen pass for a 2 yard pick up. What's worse is that I've actually heard commentators praising the Giants for "sticking with the run!" What is commendable about continuing to run the ball when you're averaging 30 yards on the ground? Nothing. Offenses like the Packers and Patriots know that they are passing offenses and don't try forcing their neutered run-game. Honestly, the Giants function like robots. Their coaching staff must be the worst chess players of all time. Old people just can't adapt. Coughlin and Gilbride will continue to play the inside the box football that they learned in 1952 when they were in their 20's. If I were a defense, 1st down would be 4-3, and 2nd and 3rd down would be a nickel double A gap blitz every time. The coaching staff's incompetence is making Eli look like a mediocre quarterback. Joe Montana would have Eli's numbers this season if Coughlin was coaching the '89 Niners.

I'd like to see the first play of the Packers-Giants game start with a flea-flicker with a long ball to Nicks. I guarantee huge yardage from such a play. Furthermore, it would convince the coaching staff of the Packers that Gilbride is not, in fact, some kind of football robot who is preprogrammed with the computer's playcalling engine from 1992 Tecmo Super Bowl for SNES.

Is anyone else sick of Coughlin trying to jam a round peg into a square hole? The Giants aren't a running squad. They need to quit trying to be "balanced."
    We showed pretty good balance on offense last week when we finallly had a healthy running back that was actually part of our plans in the preseason.

they are a pass first offense and have been for years.

This is the same O that has won them many playoff games and two SBs. hard to break away from something that has worked. They have adjusted the last few weeks to a shorter passing game and more running.

Fire KG and TC......wow...you are very original in your thoughts...

tired subject and it will be addressed in the off season
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Best 1st post ever ...

Banned
    KG isnt creative at all

This offensive line can't hold up long enough to do anything too creative. If Andre Brown can continue to be a threat it would open up the play action game though.

To all the people who rip TC and KG.. Has anyone ever bothered to look at the numbers and records they have set for the franchise?...

For being so predictable KG's offenses have led us to pretty productive seasons...
    Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Yes, and the second play should be the "Statue of Liberty," followed by the "Annexation of Puerto Rico!"

That would be 3 easy TDs.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    To all the people who rip TC and KG.. Has anyone ever bothered to look at the numbers and records they have set for the franchise?...

For being so predictable KG's offenses have led us to pretty productive seasons...
    of course not. They are just jaded "know it alls" who think they are NFL caliber coaches.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch