+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    24,974
    you know what. I want them to run plays that they are confident in executing very well. If they could run for 5 yards a clip then run all day long. What ever pass routes have been working then scheme around that. Now is not the time for new formations and such.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  2. #22
    Starter Bleedin Bluue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    3rd place
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by drgordon126 View Post
    The Giants won their 2 Super Bowls under Coughlin and Gilbride DESPITE their coaching, not because of it. If you look at the Super Bowl seasons, the Giants were STACKED with talent. Their records in those years should have been much better than what they actually were. Coughlin has kept his job because his team has won two SBs. But the Giants would have been much more dominant those years if it weren't for those two patzers' inept coaching.
    +1

  3. #23
    Starter Bleedin Bluue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    3rd place
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    What do you want Gilbride to do, run flea flickers and jump passes at the goaline like Shiano? haha.
    That play was good for a TD wasn't it? I would take that over taking possession at the opponents 1 yard line and kicking a fg like on opening night at Dallas. I'd take that play over the shotgun draw or back pylon fade. Yeah, the fade went for a TD this past game, first time I think it's worked all year... and the former still hasn't.

  4. #24

    yup

    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Oh, I get it! It's the coaches fault when we suck, but when we win its in spite of them!!

    So redicous..
    It's not an absolute relationship. Sometimes when a team is losing, it's the players' faults. Sometimes it's the coaches' faults. In the specific case of the Giants, when they have won, they have prevailed through raw talent in the face of extremely poor coaching. When they are losing (now), it is because they don't have the depth of talent (that they had in prior years) to prevail in the face of poor coaching- especially with their pass rush being toothless and minus Bradshaw running the ball (although now it appears that they might have a good runningback- maybe).

    Like I said, you have to question their abysmal play selection. Every 1st down they run. If a defense knows that is coming, they can simply play against the run on 1st. Secondly you have to question the choice to not use a high round draft pick to take a decent runningback- I can't believe Coughlin thought Wilson had what it takes to be a starting NFL runningback. Furthermore, to not pickup up some more CBs to fill in the gaps in their secondary was abysmal also. They pay their few top-tier players exorbitant money at the expense of losing many pretty good players like Bennett their TE. Furthermore since Coughlin is such a habitual old fart, as almost all old geezers are, he keeps good runningbacks benched for about 10 games if they fumble the ball- because that's how he did it in 1923 or whatever. If you have a high caliber runningback, you don't punish him for half the season at the expense of your team's offense because he made a mistake. - Complete boobery. Time to get the Senile squadron (Coughy and Gilbride) out of NY and to a rest home where they belong. Also, can the Giants ever get a decent kicker?????

    And for God's sake, will the stupid announcers quit praising Gilbride for "sticking with the run????" That's like praising your kid for failing math because it shows he is trying. If you're failing a class in college, you either drop the class or take remedial measures to fix your lack of knowledge. Coughlin sticks with the run, but won't draft a decent back... WTF?

  5. #25
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,064
    Quote Originally Posted by drgordon126 View Post
    Kevin Gilbride and Tom Coughlin should be fired. Every set of downs, the play calling is the exact same, making the defense's job easy: 1st down, an impotent run for 1.5 yards. 2nd down, a short quick pass aimed for the slot receiver or tight end. 3rd down, a feckless, hopeless, rushed pass over a blitz aimed at picking up a first down. 3rd and long invariably brings about a screen pass for a 2 yard pick up. What's worse is that I've actually heard commentators praising the Giants for "sticking with the run!" What is commendable about continuing to run the ball when you're averaging 30 yards on the ground? Nothing. Offenses like the Packers and Patriots know that they are passing offenses and don't try forcing their neutered run-game. Honestly, the Giants function like robots. Their coaching staff must be the worst chess players of all time. Old people just can't adapt. Coughlin and Gilbride will continue to play the inside the box football that they learned in 1952 when they were in their 20's. If I were a defense, 1st down would be 4-3, and 2nd and 3rd down would be a nickel double A gap blitz every time. The coaching staff's incompetence is making Eli look like a mediocre quarterback. Joe Montana would have Eli's numbers this season if Coughlin was coaching the '89 Niners.

    I'd like to see the first play of the Packers-Giants game start with a flea-flicker with a long ball to Nicks. I guarantee huge yardage from such a play. Furthermore, it would convince the coaching staff of the Packers that Gilbride is not, in fact, some kind of football robot who is preprogrammed with the computer's playcalling engine from 1992 Tecmo Super Bowl for SNES.

    Is anyone else sick of Coughlin trying to jam a round peg into a square hole? The Giants aren't a running squad. They need to quit trying to be "balanced."
    Let me repeat myself,

    I hate to distract you from the certainty of your argument, but the play you suggest to open this game against the Packers, a flea flicker type of play was THE EXACT PLAY that Gilbride called a few years ago against the Packers. I hate to let facts get in the way of a good argument. That long play to Beckum erupted the home crowd btw.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  6. #26
    Have you ever heard that "even a broken clock is right twice a day?" Gilbride's one good play call a few years back does nothing to atone for years of being an abysmal failure at offensive coordinator!

    And furthermore, everyone is "certain" of their arguments. If they weren't certain about the correctness of their position, they wouldn't be arguing in the first place, genius. What moral relativist gave you a lobotomy in college?

  7. #27
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,064
    Quote Originally Posted by drgordon126 View Post
    Have you ever heard that "even a broken clock is right twice a day?" Gilbride's one good play call a few years back does nothing to atone for years of being an abysmal failure at offensive coordinator!

    And furthermore, everyone is "certain" of their arguments. If they weren't certain about the correctness of their position, they wouldn't be arguing in the first place, genius. What moral relativist gave you a lobotomy in college?
    Welcome to the boards.

    Let me give you my best advice. You start out here by calling Gilbride way too predictable. Then you suggest a way for him to break that predictability is to open the game with a flea flicker play against the Packers. ...............and you don't even know that that is the exact play he dialed up against these very Packers a couple of years ago ON THE FIRST PLAY of all things.

    If you want to come here and just blather, go right ahead. You have alot of company. If you want some cred here, stay on topics where you can root your argument in facts.

    Hope this is helpful.
    Last edited by jomo; 11-16-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  8. #28
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,031
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Welcome to the boards.

    Let me give you my best advice. You start out here by calling Gilbride way too predictable. Then you suggest a way for him to break that predictability is to open the game with a flea flicker play against the Packers. ...............and you don't even know that that is the exact play he dialed up against these very Packers a couple of years ago ON THE FIRST PLAY of all things I don't think I can help you.

    If you want to come here and just blather, go right ahead. You have alot of company. If you want some cred here, stay on topics where you can root your argument in facts.

    Hope this is helpful.
    He and Jakk will be pals very soon.

    Seems like a good match.

  9. #29
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    He and Jakk will be pals very soon.

    Seems like a good match.
    Funny you should say that. I was just thinking the same thing that based on his next response he could be a soul mate with Jakk.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  10. #30
    Firstly, I really don't care about developing any "street cred" with all the bloggers on this site sitting in their underpants in their parents' basement. Secondly, because I didn't take into account that Gilbride did something unexpected in one play of one game three years ago doesn't mean I'm "unaware of the facts." It might mean that I'm taking into account that an isolated incident of good judgment doesn't make an offensive coordinator "good" or unpredictable or worthy of not being discarded.
    Thirdly, just calling my points "blather" doesn't actually disprove them.
    Fourthly, you can't help me? aww shucks.
    Fifthly, neener neener.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts