+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I noticed Jenkins on the outside at least once against the Raiders. I am wondering if that was while JPP was getting checked out in the locker room after hurting his shoulder?
    They had Jenkins at the 5, Patterson at the 3. Rivers standing up on the line at the 7. They can even put Moore in place of Rivers in the under.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Bluue View Post
    Wow Coughlin really has no desire to play Moore huh? Ridiculous
    This move clearly tells me that Moore must not be doing well against the run in practice. As Fewell says Moore will play passing downs. He must not be ready for the full time job.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Jesus Christmas, I recommended this from Day 1 when it was clear the JPP's back was still ****ed up.
    Damn Gilbride
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

If they play Jenkins at DE, then Hankins will get more experience at DT. Rookies will see the field either way.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    He has no desire to play any rookies really... Bradshaw didn't get any actual true chances until about week 14 or so (and promptly exploded week 15 against the bills)

The rookie redshirt program is honestly not a good idea in today's league, with how long careers last nowadays and free agency making getting production out of rookie deals crucial.
    Yes! I dont know if it's because of TC's old school mentality or what. It bothers me. The dude shows promise, i mean he has blocked two punts... and is athletic
    “JPP said there would be blood in the water,” Scandrick said. “Did he even have a stat today?”

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Yes! I dont know if it's because of TC's old school mentality or what. It bothers me. The dude shows promise, i mean he has blocked two punts... and is athletic
    What does blocking punts have to do with playing DE?? Fewell says Moore will play on passing situations. He obviously hasn't proved himself against the run in practice.

Jeez, this board killed Osi for almost a decade for his ability against the run. Now we have a kid who the coaches say will play on passing situations and that not good enough for people. If they thought he could handle the full time job he would be out there. It's not a "rookie red shirt" thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    He has no desire to play any rookies really... Bradshaw didn't get any actual true chances until about week 14 or so (and promptly exploded week 15 against the bills)

The rookie redshirt program is honestly not a good idea in today's league, with how long careers last nowadays and free agency making getting production out of rookie deals crucial.
    I agree with this. Why wouldn't you want to find out what you have in a guy right away? A game situation is the only true way to tell if a guy is going to be a gamer or just another practice squad bum. Also young rookies can infuse energy and emotion into a team. They are hungry and want to win and not just playing for a paycheck like maybe some of the older vets. TC needs to to re-evaluate his policy of not playing rookies...

In basketball a player will leave college after his freshman year and be starting for an NBA team the following season.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    What does blocking punts have to do with playing DE?? Fewell says Moore will play on passing situations. He obviously hasn't proved himself against the run in practice.

Jeez, this board killed Osi for almost a decade for his ability against the run. Now we have a kid who the coaches say will play on passing situations and that not good enough for people. If they thought he could handle the full time job he would be out there. It's not a "rookie red shirt" thing..
    Wonder how Osi is enjoying himself on the Falcons this year?? Seeing that there Season is OVER and they were projected to be a possible SB team. With Carolina and the Saints way ahead of 2 win Atlanta there is no way they make any comeback in that Division. At least if he was still on the Giants even though we only have one more win then them he would still be alive for the playoffs...

As far as Moore. I agree with that assessment of him maybe not being ready against run. However I would just put him in for a series and turn him loose. Cant learn unless your out there for some downs.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I called Moore being a good player right when they drafted him, I remember texting my good buddy who is a huge NY Giants fan like me and telling him D Moore is going to be a great player.

Im not saying he will turn out great, but hes shown flashes at least see what he can do!! Jeez TC

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BBlue4ever View Post
    I called Moore being a good player right when they drafted him, I remember texting my good buddy who is a huge NY Giants fan like me and telling him D Moore is going to be a great player.

Im not saying he will turn out great, but hes shown flashes at least see what he can do!! Jeez TC
    It seems he has a Knack for getting through blockers. He has already done it twice on STs getting to the punter for blocks. That IMO is harder then getting to a QB which isn't nearly as far back as a punter. Now granted, QBs are better scramblers when pressured but Moore seems gifted enough to be able to track down most QBs for some DAMONSTER SACKS... TURN HIM LOOSE
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***