+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time machine: dansby or rolle

Remember this situation? The summer we signed rolle in free agency, I seemed to be a toss up between him and karlos dansby. Looking back at each players last two years, do you wish we went harder for dansby than rolle?

Re: Time machine: dansby or rolle

[quote user="greenca190"]Remember this situation? The summer we signed rolle in free agency, I seemed to be a toss up between him and karlos dansby. Looking back at each players last two years, do you wish we went harder for dansby than rolle?[/quote]

Look at how banged up and hurt our secondary is, if we didnt have Rolle, we would be f*cked.

Nothing against you but I hate hindsight threads like this.

Rolls was absolutely the right choice do you remember hewhomustnotbenamed at safety? Can't cover brown was just... We needed rolle lol and still need him

[quote user="mikeq672"][quote user="greenca190"]Remember this situation? The summer we signed rolle in free agency, I seemed to be a toss up between him and karlos dansby. Looking back at each players last two years, do you wish we went harder for dansby than rolle?[/quote]

Look at how banged up and hurt our secondary is, if we didnt have Rolle, we would be f*cked.
    [/quote]

Great point. Rolle is unsung hero as nickle corner. Certainly Prince couldn't handle it.

[quote user="mikeq672"][quote user="greenca190"]Remember this situation? The summer we signed rolle in free agency, I seemed to be a toss up between him and karlos dansby. Looking back at each players last two years, do you wish we went harder for dansby than rolle?[/quote]

[/quote]

Lb corps have been awfully depleted over the years as well.

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"]Nothing against you but I hate hindsight threads like this.[/quote]

I'll take that as a vote for rolle.

Here's how I see this situation.

One of my favorite players coming out of the 2010 NFL Draft was Safety Earl Thomas. He has the ability to be that ballhawking safety in your secondary who can make crucial interceptions and help cover a good portion of the field. With a healthy KP too, we would have arguably the best Safety tandem in the league.

This would of eliminated the need for us to sign a Safety while we could of pursued and acquired Dansby instead. Rolle didn't exactly have a great year last season while Dansby's was admirable.

In short, choosing Dansby probably would of been better for 2010 including Earl Thomas at Safety but would of been worse this year due to JPP breaking out.

I'm not the biggest fan of Rolle but signing Dansby instead possibly could of (just a guess) had us trade up to acquire Earl Thomas instead of getting JPP, which would of left our pass rush this year pretty bad.

Just my 2 cents.

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="NWKEffectElement"]Nothing against you but I hate hindsight threads like this.[/quote]
    I'll take that as a vote for rolle.[/quote]

Not really, it is just stupid. If there was a time machine I would have been the armed guard telling Plax he can't get in the club with that gun.

Absolutely not. Although Rolle's mouth may have gotten us into a bit of trouble this year, there's no knocking his versatility in the defensive backfield. I don't even want to imagine this team without him back there and with Dansby at LB--who given our luck this year probably would have gotten hurt anyway [:P]