+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the chances of this wr core staying together now?

Banned
    The Giants can clear 40 million with the right moves. If they didn't trade Nicks then they have determined they will and can sign him long term. Well thats' based on the assumption they know what they're doing.

Banned
    There is no chance Nicks returns-ZERO. Once the Giants paid Cruz the big bucks, Nicks was history, especially with his spotty play and constant injury status. Randle is a better receiver anyway.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    The Giants can clear 40 million with the right moves. If they didn't trade Nicks then they have determined they will and can sign him long term. Well thats' based on the assumption they know what they're doing.
    Not a chance. The Giants have too many holes, especially on defense, they will have to use their resources there. Paying big bucks to two receivers now would make the Giants a bad team for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Beenthere View Post
    Not a chance. The Giants have too many holes, especially on defense, they will have to use their resources there. Paying big bucks to two receivers now would make the Giants a bad team for years.
    But only one good receiver isn't going to cut it either.

All-Pro
    I think it is unlikely that Nicks returns, the signing of Cruz to a long term contract probably sealed that. I am not against Nicks, in fact I think he is an amazing talent, but I don't think his talent can be fully realized without providing better protection for Eli. The cap space they do have will most likely go toward fixing the O-line, getting depth at the RB position, and improving the front 4 on defense.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Maybe we let Nicks go and invest in the interior of the offensive line and DEs. I might be for that. Is Cruz ready to be the man? Is RR ready to step his game up?
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Maybe we let Nicks go and invest in the interior of the offensive line and DEs. I might be for that. Is Cruz ready to be the man? Is RR ready to step his game up?
    I see the same thing coming to past, but we may have to draft another project like RR or find a Brandon Lefell type in free agency to fill the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Beenthere View Post
    Where are these numerous holes you speak of? Why can't they be addressed in the draft or FA? CB position? Nope pretty solid unit. Safety? Got that covered as well. LB, depth is a problem, but Beason should hold us down at MLB for at least 3 years. OLB can be addressed in FA or draft. I like what I've seen from Rivers now that he's a bit healthy. DE will need to be replenished, but we seem to have a knack for getting pass rushers right in the draft. I think Nicks get resigned around Cruz type money; probably heavily back loaded in case of injury. In any case I don't wish JR to fill these "holes" you speak of with some overpaid player like we have done in the past.
    <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    What's the term for someone who ditches a friend without notice
    a smart man, especially if his friends a yankee fan

Nicks has 570 receiving yards in 9 games, that is not terrible. Given the terrible O line I would say that is pretty good. Yes, Nicks has dropped a number of passes and doesn't get the separation that he did a couple of years ago but he is doing OK. That said he is not going to get super huge dollars this year. I think the Reese will let him test the free agent market find out what the market says he is worth and if they can get him for a reasonable price they will, if not they will move Randle up and look for a replacement in the Draft.

+ Reply to Thread