+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Packers At Giants: Big Blue Faces 3rd Stringer Scott Tolzien Making First Start

Packers At Giants: Big Blue Faces 3rd Stringer Scott Tolzien Making First Start

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1519226

"PACKERS AT GIANTS, 4:25 P.M., METLIFE STADIUM

LINE: Giants by 4 1/2

TV: Ch. 5 ( Kenny Albert , Daryl Johnston )

RADIO: WFAN-660 AM, 101.9 FM (Bob Papa, Carl Banks), Nationwide on Compass Media (Chris Carrino, Brian Baldinger)

FORECAST: Cloudy, low 60s, 7 mph winds, chance of a showers.

INJURY REPORT

Aside from the Packers’ QB woes, with third-stringer Scott Tolzien making his first career start, and the loss of several receivers, the Packers have a lot of walking wounded. LB Nick Perry (ankle, foot) is out, and DE Johnny Jolly (groin) is very iffy. OLB Clay Matthews will play with a different type cast over his broken thumb that has severely limited him. The new cast is supposed to give him use of his fingers. Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder) is a question mark after being limited most of the week. CB Corey Webster is out. The Giants are hoping to get back RB Brandon Jacobs .

KEY MATCHUP

QB Eli Manning vs. S Morgan Burnett and M.D. Jennings

There have been a lot of excuses, but Manning has not played up to the level required. His 16th interception last week — and third pick six — was another example of a bad decision. The Packers have always thrived on turnovers, and giving their offense short fields to work with but that has not been the case this season. Manning, who has struggled against pressure, can’t give them any gifts. Maybe he has to rein things in again like last week and let the running game control things because you know defensive coordinator Dom Capers will come after him.

SCOUT SAYS

“The Packers defense has gotten pushed around for two straight weeks, just physically beaten. They are banged up but they are also not making tackles, making mental errors and just getting beat one-on-one. That’s not their character at all. (Giants back) Andre Brown is a hard runner and he’s fresh, not a good matchup for the Packers. He gets everything out of his runs. The Packers need to get pressure up the middle against Eli and they can with B.J. Raji and Mike Daniels . Tolzien played pretty well against the Eagles, better than expected for a guy basically off the scout team, and that was off the bench. He made some good throws and should be at least better prepared.”

INTANGIBLES

The Giants have won three in a row against flawed quarterbacks, and the scenario is the same again this week. The weak NFC East has given them some hope for the playoffs, and you can sense there’s a little more optimism in the locker room, but they are still working with little room for error. Packers head coach Mike McCarthy was livid after his defense caved in against the Eagles. There have been other factors, but some of the blame has to fall with the coach, who hasn’t had them prepared. That will not happen this week. Don’t expect the Packers to not put up a fight.

PREDICTION

PACKERS, 24-22: Call it a hunch, but the Packers are due to step up."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1519226

PACKERS, 24-22: Call it a hunch, but the Packers are due to step up."
    I hope all the talking heads pick against us. We typically do better this way. That whole underdog mentality, I guess.

Go Blue!!

I like our chances and really think we are going to see some offensive chemistry tomorrow.
    No one remembers who came in second.

The Packers woke Eli's "tired arm" up last year, maybe they can pull his head put of his arse this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Go Blue!!

I like our chances and really think we are going to see some offensive chemistry tomorrow.
    Maybe even some atom splitting
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I expect Tolzien to throw for 420yds and three TDs

I expect Eli to get sacked thee times and throw three INTs to one garbage time TD, I smell a couple fumbles too.

Packers 35-20

Take advantage

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Go Blue!!

It has been quite awhile since Eli and and his guys have put a good game together, today would a nice day to get that rolling and pumped up for the rest of the season.
    Really hope on the defensive side they keep attacking and don't lay down for the rookie, that will only lead to bad things.
    Go Giants!
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

+ Reply to Thread