+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starter

Good luck today! (from acknowledged Saints fan)

I usually just lurk on these boards, but wanted to wish y'all luck today.

There's nothing that would make today sweeter than seeing the Giants extend the Falcons playoff losing streak.

As a Saints fan, I notice it's usually a pretty good idea to keep my mouth shut around here, especially lately. There's a lot of hate for the Saints. I'm not going to sit here and try to convince you otherwise. Me? I've always liked the Giants (as much as you can like a conference/nondivisional team) and enjoy watching them play. Sharing a division with some of my most hated NFC teams doesn't hurt, either

Like I said, I'm not going to try to change anyone's minds on the Saints. I generally enjoy the boards and look to keep it that way.

I'm glad that y'all got into the playoffs (and the Cowboys, Eagles, Seahawks, and Bears didn't) and for today, we've got common cause. I hope y'all flatten Atlanta.

I've seen some posts about how the Saints are "dirty" or the OLine gets away with holding - well, the Falcons OLine is dirtier. And keep an eye out for offensive pass interference. Roddy White loves to pushoff and it's so frustrating.

Good luck!

Re: Good luck today! (from acknowledged Saints fan)

I appreciate your post and congrats on your win. I don't necessarily hate the Saints, although you guys have owned us in recent times. I think what most Giants fans hate is how the league in general seems to favor offenses and passing. Teams like ours, which has always prided itself about having a great defense, have suffered a loss with these new rules that have been put in place. I'm sure Steeler and Raven fans from the old school also feel the same way.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

[quote user="Tox"]I usually just lurk on these boards, but wanted to wish y'all luck today.

There's nothing that would make today sweeter than seeing the Giants extend the Falcons playoff losing streak.

As a Saints fan, I notice it's usually a pretty good idea to keep my mouth shut around here, especially lately.* There's a lot of hate for the Saints.* I'm not going to sit here and try to convince you otherwise.* Me?* I've always liked the Giants (as much as you can like a conference/nondivisional team) and enjoy watching them play.* Sharing a division with some of my most hated NFC teams doesn't hurt, either

Like I said, I'm not going to try to change anyone's minds on the Saints.* I generally enjoy the boards and look to keep it that way.

I'm glad that y'all got into the playoffs (and the Cowboys, Eagles, Seahawks, and Bears didn't) and for today, we've got common cause.* I hope y'all flatten Atlanta.

I've seen some posts about how the Saints are "dirty" or the OLine gets away with holding - well, the Falcons OLine is dirtier.* And keep an eye out for offensive pass interference.* Roddy White loves to pushoff and it's so frustrating.

Good luck!
    [/quote]
    Alot of people around here are hoping if we make a long playoff run, that the saints get knocked out. They like our chances better vs GB and SF.

I would love to grace saints again for a trip to SB. I say u have face the bully that has kicked sand on u lat few times now that we are a bit healthier. Nothing like a little revenge.

But first things first. Falcons and if we win today, packers are not going to just lay down for us.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Come back in two weeks... And see if we are talking playoff football or draft picks.

We can have some good sparring if we are both still alive

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="Tox"]I usually just lurk on these boards, but wanted to wish y'all luck today.

As a Saints fan, I notice it's usually a pretty good idea to keep my mouth shut around here, especially lately.* There's a lot of hate for the Saints.* I'm not going to sit here and try to convince you otherwise.* Me?* I've always liked the Giants (as much as you can like a conference/nondivisional team) and enjoy watching them play.* Sharing a division with some of my most hated NFC teams doesn't hurt, either

Like I said, I'm not going to try to change anyone's minds on the Saints.* I generally enjoy the boards and look to keep it that way.

I'm glad that y'all got into the playoffs (and the Cowboys, Eagles, Seahawks, and Bears didn't) and for today, we've got common cause.* I hope y'all flatten Atlanta.

I've seen some posts about how the Saints are "dirty" or the OLine gets away with holding - well, the Falcons OLine is dirtier.* And keep an eye out for offensive pass interference.* Roddy White loves to pushoff and it's so frustrating.

Good luck!
    [/quote]
    Thanks, I personally rooted for the saints vs the colts

Good luck!
    [/quote]
    Thanks, I personally rooted for the saints vs the colts

[quote user="IamGiantsfan"][quote user="Tox"]I usually just lurk on these boards, but wanted to wish y'all luck today.

Good luck!
    [/quote]
    Thanks, I personally rooted for the saints vs the colts [/quote]
    I did to I must admit

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Starter

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

To the larger issue of today's offensive performances - I can't say I fully disagree. While I enjoy watching the Saints offense operate and I think we run the ball quite well (it's not just a chuck-and-duck offense; the Saints OLine in the middle allows for a lot of running and we can run the screen quite well), I don't want the NFL to turn into what we saw with Baylor vs. Washington with each team scoring 50-60 points. That wasn't fun and it became quite boring.

I said multiple times last night that I think the Saints' Chris Ivory is my favorite running back to watch. Nothing against Thomas who ran like a man possessed last night and excels on screens. Nothing against Sproles who is electrifying. I love them both. But when Chris Ivory runs, he really runs hard and is hard to bring down and manages to find room where I thought there wasn't any.

I also like watching excellent defense. The Saints don't have that up front with regard to QB pressure.

I can understand where y'all are coming from in that regard.

And I hope today that when the Falcons try to open it up and run that no huddle, the Giants QB pressure gets to Ryan. he doesn't perform well under pressure. His arm isn't great and his accuracy falls off a cliff the farther down the field he has to pass it. I really want to see a different game than last night.

Well, I'll amend that. I'd like to see better QB pressure from the Giants defense than I saw from the Saints or Lions last night. However, I'm not going to be upset if Manning and Co. put 40+ on that Falcons defense

Thanks..and good luck vs San Fran next week

Veteran

I despise the Saints...I HATE them.

Ask me why?

I have no real reason...I just hate them

I hate them so much that seeing them lose next week would be equivalent to seeing the Eagles/cowboys/redskins lose the Superbowl in the last 15 seconds because one of their WR's started to show off before scored and defensive player forces fumble and the fattest defensive player on the field returned it for a TD

I hate the Saints.