+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Key to the game

Key to the game

Gilbride needs to have eli take shots deep early and often. Grimes is nowhere near 100 percent and this should be taken advantage of, and will be by cruz. As soon as they hit that deep shot, we run some short routes with hynoski and ballar in the flats, run a power O with bradshaw, take another shot down field. We can overwhelm this defense today. I know it.

Re: Key to the game

[quote user="Bigg Bluee"]Gilbride needs to have eli take shots deep early and often. Grimes is nowhere near 100 percent and this should be taken advantage of, and will be by cruz. As soon as they hit that deep shot, we run some short routes with hynoski and ballar in the flats, run a power O with bradshaw, take another shot down field. We can overwhelm this defense today. I know it.[/quote]

If you were watching any games this year you would realize that going deep is KG's main objective no matter who they are playing.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

[quote user="Bigg Bluee"]Gilbride needs to have eli take shots deep early and often. Grimes is nowhere near 100 percent and this should be taken advantage of, and will be by cruz. As soon as they hit that deep shot, we run some short routes with hynoski and ballar in the flats, run a power O with bradshaw, take another shot down field. We can overwhelm this defense today. I know it.[/quote]

If you were watching any games this year you would realize that going deep is KG's main objective no matter who they are playing.

[/quote]

Really? i assumed it was calling shotgun draws in the worst situations possible and not going deep when it's most beneficial.

[quote user="Bigg Bluee"][quote user="Joe Morrison"]

[/quote]

Really? i assumed it was calling shotgun draws in the worst situations possible and not going deep when it's most beneficial.[/quote]And it's definitely easy to take a few plays a game and reflect at the end of the season as that being his objective.

Morrison is right.

Bench Player

[quote user="Bigg Bluee"][quote user="Joe Morrison"]

[/quote]

Really? i assumed it was calling shotgun draws in the worst situations possible and not going deep when it's most beneficial.[/quote]

you have a point, but at the same time when a draw doesn't work it still works. I realize how stupid that sounds, but a draw for a a yard or two still makes the linebacker, DL, and safeties less pass committed because we've had draws go for longer yardage in the past. This slows the passrush, opens up the middle a little by keeping the linebacker from getting to his backpedal immediately, and makes it harder on the safety by giving them an extra read to make.

Key to the game will be the Giants running game. We cannot go anywhere without running the ball. If you noticed yesterday, the teams that won the game, despite all the passing they did, they also had a great running performance from their RB's. No matter what, it is all about making first downs by controlling the clock. This is one way you beat teams like the Saints: control the clock and do not let their offense have as many snaps. In the Rams game, the Saints had a combined 57 yards rushing while the Rams Jackson alone had 159. Their is no magic formula in winning games. The great John Madden said it and it still holds true: "You pass to score, you run to win"

All-Pro

[quote user="giantsforce"]Key to the game will be the Giants running game. We cannot go anywhere without running the ball. If you noticed yesterday, the teams that won the game, despite all the passing they did, they also had a great running performance from their RB's. No matter what, it is all about making first downs by controlling the clock. This is one way you beat teams like the Saints: control the clock and do not let their offense have as many snaps. In the Rams game, the Saints had a combined 57 yards rushing while the Rams Jackson alone had 159. Their is no magic formula in winning games. The great John Madden said it and it still holds true: "You pass to score, you run to win"[/quote]

+1 I absolutely agree.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

[quote user="brad"][quote user="giantsforce"]Key to the game will be the Giants running game. We cannot go anywhere without running the ball. If you noticed yesterday, the teams that won the game, despite all the passing they did, they also had a great running performance from their RB's. No matter what, it is all about making first downs by controlling the clock. This is one way you beat teams like the Saints: control the clock and do not let their offense have as many snaps. In the Rams game, the Saints had a combined 57 yards rushing while the Rams Jackson alone had 159. Their is no magic formula in winning games. The great John Madden said it and it still holds true: "You pass to score, you run to win"[/quote]

+1 I absolutely agree.[/quote] I've all ready mentioned Ahmad as my KEY to the game. Hes gotta run with authority and set up 2nd and 5-6yrds to go and have a couple 15-20yrd runs mixed in to keep ELI able to use the weapons on the outside. Outside of that its obvious our Pass rush is key

The freakin key will be the Giants backers and secondary.

Grimes is not even playing. Has been ruled out for the game!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***