+ Reply to Thread

No Super Bowl Tailgating? Security To Be Extra Tight, Report

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201..._big_game.html

"Imagine a New Jersey Super Bowl with no tailgating. The scenario isn't out of the question, according to a report by The Record that outlines security surrounding the big game.

The New Jersey Sports and Exhibition Authority says the entire Meadowlands sports complex will undergo a "lockdown" the week leading up to the Super Bowl, set to be held Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, the report said.

Officials said the entire complex will be sealed off beginning Jan. 27, and only those with credentials will be allowed to enter, according to the report.

Meanwhile, game-day parking passes will likely be difficult to obtain. Jim Minish, the authority's vice president, said the number of available spaces will be reduced by about 60 percent from a usual Sunday football game because of security and the need to create space for TV station trucks, according to the report.

Officials have even discussed having no tailgating at all because of parking space concerns, the report said. Details are still being worked out, including whether accessories like grills will be allowed, according to the report."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Funny to see the moderators thread moved....LOL Guess that means none of us are above the law eh?

I get the security and spaces needed for other things but no tailgating woul dbe a total crock of **** and take away from the day immensely IMO
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

That is going to make for an awful SB.

I think I'll sacrifice eating a cheeseburger in 30 degree weather for extra security at the countries biggest sporting event..

That's just me...

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    I think I'll sacrifice eating a cheeseburger in 30 degree weather for extra security at the countries biggest sporting event..

That's just me...
    Drinking, who cares about the cheeseburgers

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Drinking, who cares about the cheeseburgers
    ahhhhh, but my wife made a peacan pie last weekend with Jim Beam in it and ohhhhh man was it great! I had a beer with it and made it a boiler maker!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYG in NE View Post
    ahhhhh, but my wife made a peacan pie last weekend with Jim Beam in it and ohhhhh man was it great! I had a beer with it and made it a boiler maker!!
    That sounds delicious.