+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Hakeem

Bye Bye Hakeem

A quote from Coughlin today. So now we know that for whatever reason, this is on Nicks. He let down his teammates and the fans in the biggest game of the year. Have fun in Carolina!

In Reese We Trust

"Hakeem Nicks did not warm up or fight the Giants to play" - Tom Coughlin ‪#‎nyg‬ ‪#‎giants

EDIT: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...espnapi_public - RF

Excerpt: "Lack of sufficient practice time last week was the reason wide receiver Hakeem Nicks was inactive for the New York Giants' game against the Dallas Cowboys, according to coach Tom Coughlin, who seemed annoyed by the circumstances surrounding Nicks' situation.

"On Wednesday, as you have tracked it, he had an issue with the abdominal area, thought it might be a hernia, so he went through all the tests, etc., and did not practice. Was not able to practice," Coughlin said. "You asked me the question late in the week, and I answered: 'What would be the issue? Speed. He probably can't be full speed.'"

It's unclear whether Nicks will be ready to practice this week or play Sunday night against the Washington Redskins. He has five games left before he's eligible for unrestricted free agency, and the clumsy way his season continues to unfold is cause to wonder about his future with the team.

His production has been disappointing as the passing game has remained stalled all season. He does not have a touchdown catch. And now, there's apparently at least some sort of injury issue on which he and the team aren't seeing eye to eye.

Thursday was the first time Nicks mentioned the abdominal injury publicly, though he said it had been bothering him all season and his agent had recommended that he get it checked out. It's unclear whether Wednesday was the first time he'd mentioned the issue to the team, though if it was, that could be at least part of the cause of frustration on Coughlin's part.

Nicks said Thursday and Friday that the injury wouldn't keep him from playing, but in the end he doesn't get to decide whether he plays -- Coughlin does -- and when Nicks arrived at MetLife Stadium on Sunday, there was no uniform in his locker.

When Nicks said his agent recommended he get checked out, he referenced "the situation that I'm in," which was taken to mean his contract situation and his impending free agency. Obviously, playing with a hernia and risking more serious injury would damage his standing on the free-agent market, and he and his agent have a vested interest in making sure Nicks hits the market as healthy as possible." Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-25-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    A quote from Coughlin today. So now we know that for whatever reason, this is on Nicks. He let down his teammates and the fans in the biggest game of the year. Have fun in Carolina!

In Reese We Trust

"Hakeem Nicks did not warm up or fight the Giants to play" - Tom Coughlin ‪#‎nyg‬ ‪#‎giants
    So he didn't wanna play pretty much...

what a disgrace!
    “JPP said there would be blood in the water,” Scandrick said. “Did he even have a stat today?”

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    So he didn't wanna play pretty much...

what a disgrace!
    That is what it seems like. Either way, he is a goner.

And what sickens me is some team will pick him up. Do you get a better paying job if you go to work and just sit in a chair doing nothing your job entails all day? He didn't want to play, he doesn't even give it his all when he did play. This is what irks me about the NFL, they can do so much wrong and be rewarded with it.

If I were the Giants, I would put him on IR right now. Randle is part of the future. Let's see what he has. Nicks quit on the team and the fans. Screw him

I still don't get it. As a UFA, it would behoove him to play lights out and then refuse to even talk to Reese if he wanted out. It's what Osi did essentially... even if you get injured, a team will give you more money for playing your heart out than quitting like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Lets get the full story before we cast our dispersions..

I admit, I too was pretty angry at his absence yesterday. But lets not forget the numerous times he DID suit up and play for us with all of his injuries...

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Quote Originally Posted by NYGisBallin View Post
    Lets get the full story before we cast our dispersions..

I admit, I too was pretty angry at his absence yesterday. But lets not forget the numerous times he DID suit up and play for us with all of his injuries...
    There is probably more to it but this is coming from the coach at his presser so it seems Nicks just does not want to get hurt so he can get his $ next year.

"I say what i have to say even if i can't speak."

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post

In Reese We Trust

What a gutless turd. When staring at adversity, he packs his bags. I can't believe how far he has fallen...