+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Banned

This is why Coughlin has to go

I like Tom and appreciate the job he has done here. That being said at his age I just don't think he has it in him to do what needs to be done here. He just simply doesn't seem to have a very firm grasp on this club. It does absolutely no good when you tell your players after the fact that they shouldn't be yapping so much. Is he so completely out of the tune during the week that he didn't realize what they were saying? His two coordinators have been an absolute disgrace. Still you get the same answers from Coughlin about how practice was so good yet they come out game after game acting like they have never seen a football before. It's time for a regime change and I hope Tom is not too proud to see that it will be best for everybody.

Banned
    He's not going to give up 5 mil. a year, and Mara would rather miss the playoffs 5 of 6 years than get rid of him.

The only way he goes is voluntarily...and I don't think he will, nor do I think he needs to.

If we won the game, nobody would have an issue with the yapping. Which in my opinion wasn't really anything bad...maybe the TT guarantee was too much but thats it. Perhaps Coughlin let them talk? Maybe he saw the confidence building in this below average team and let them run with it, pumping themselves up and getting fired up. It obviously didn't work but maybe Coughlin thought might as well try it since there is nothing to lose. Do we really think that the talking leading to this game is why we lost?

I would double down on Coughlin, Eli, and Reese for a re-tooling and press on for one more run over the next 3-4 years. Obviously if they string together 2-3 sub 8 win seasons, you have to do what you have to do.

If they want to make a move with the coordinators, you won't get an argument from me. Especially on offense.

The bottom line is that in the NFL, the coach is paid to win. Win this year, and show that he can win next year. History counts for very little when a team looks the way the Giants have looked for the last year+. Does anyone here really think this team can win next year with bad drafting, poor execution by the players, poor QB play, and poor game planning and adjustments by the coordinators? There's nothing to base an expectation of future success on right now. The organization needs to make changes to make an expectation of future success a reasonable expectation. The ownership has some tough decisions to make. Those decisions are going to include TC and his staff, Jerry Reese, and Marc Ross and the scouting staff. Those won't be pleasant decisions; but sitting on their hands and doing nothing isn't going to change the future outlook of this team. I think in the end they have no choice but to let TC go, and bring in someone to snap the malaise out of this organization. A new coach is certainly going to question the ability of the GM and scouting staff to bring in quality players. Don't be surprised if the next coach has a lot more say on draft day than TC ever did.

Nothing will change until Reese, Ross, TC and Clowns and about 2/3 of the players are sent packing. All those things would have long since been done if the organization really cared about its product.

Quote Originally Posted by simmstolt View Post
    Nothing will change until Reese, Ross, TC and Clowns and about 2/3 of the players are sent packing. All those things would have long since been done if the organization really cared about its product.
    And bring in who?

All-Pro
    As bad as they are this year there is no need to get rid of everyone. They will have a lot of money for FA next year and will get high draft picks. Just have to hope Eli has a better year next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    As bad as they are this year there is no need to get rid of everyone. They will have a lot of money for FA next year and will get high draft picks. Just have to hope Eli has a better year next season.
    A little injury luck on the o-line might help too