+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Manningham is still being missed

    I think people keep forgetting how key Manningham was for this team, especially stretching the field. Nicks and Cruz are posession wrs and people keep overlooking that. I think Manningham is still being missed and his ability to go vertical and open up the short - medium routes.

  2. #2
    Mario is a bust since joining the 9ers.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Mario is a bust since joining the 9ers.
    He's done fine considering their offense and the role he has in it. The only issue has been his health.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    Mario is a bust since joining the 9ers.
    New offense plus the injury. Doesn't mean that would have happened had he stayed here.

    "Double Nicks and Cruz, make Manningham beat us" (Belichick in super bowl).

    MM came thru.

  5. #5
    Veteran TroyArcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,695
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    New offense plus the injury. Doesn't mean that would have happened had he stayed here.

    "Double Nicks and Cruz, make Manningham beat us" (Belichick in super bowl).

    MM came thru.
    No doubt Manningham is missed but there is a salary cap and unfortunately championship teams lose players to other teams that will overpay for a position of need.

  6. #6
    manningham was just like randle. once randle finally grasps this offense he'll probably leave in FA.

    amazing that it takes years to learn an offense... maybe it's time to change/simplify the offense a little? maybe?

  7. #7
    Veteran TroyArcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,695
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    manningham was just like randle. once randle finally grasps this offense he'll probably leave in FA.

    amazing that it takes years to learn an offense... maybe it's time to change/simplify the offense a little? maybe?
    He hasn't learned it yet?

  8. #8
    a lot of people on this board feel that Manningham was a flash and other than his last season didn't do much but he's showing now that he really is what we hoped when we drafted him, too bad he's gone...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    a lot of people on this board feel that Manningham was a flash and other than his last season didn't do much but he's showing now that he really is what we hoped when we drafted him, too bad he's gone...
    Its called FA and Cap!
    Giants fan since '58

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Its called FA and Cap!
    are you serious that the team chose to let Manningham go and it was OK to keep some of the underperforming slugs on the roster right now who haven't helped this at all and will most likely be released at the end of the season. So its my opinion that Manningham was worth keeping instead of some of the overpaid players who were kept...
    Last edited by JesseJames; 11-27-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts