+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manningham is still being missed

Manningham is still being missed

I think people keep forgetting how key Manningham was for this team, especially stretching the field. Nicks and Cruz are posession wrs and people keep overlooking that. I think Manningham is still being missed and his ability to go vertical and open up the short - medium routes.

Mario is a bust since joining the 9ers.

a lot of people on this board feel that Manningham was a flash and other than his last season didn't do much but he's showing now that he really is what we hoped when we drafted him, too bad he's gone...

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    a lot of people on this board feel that Manningham was a flash and other than his last season didn't do much but he's showing now that he really is what we hoped when we drafted him, too bad he's gone...
    Its called FA and Cap!
    TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Its called FA and Cap!
    are you serious that the team chose to let Manningham go and it was OK to keep some of the underperforming slugs on the roster right now who haven't helped this at all and will most likely be released at the end of the season. So its my opinion that Manningham was worth keeping instead of some of the overpaid players who were kept...
    Last edited by JesseJames; 11-27-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    He's done fine considering their offense and the role he has in it. The only issue has been his health.

anybody who has seen Mario play since he's back from his injury has to see that he's a quality WR who can help his team

Manningham was average unless Hakeem was dominating....you can't keep him & all his mental mistakes, RR is our guy

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    are you serious that the team chose to let Manningham go and it was OK to keep some of the underperforming slugs on the roster right now who haven't helped this at all and will most likely be released at the end of the season. So its my opinion that Manningham was worth keeping instead of some of the overpaid players who were kept...
    The problem is Manningham's salary is probably more than all the WR's behind Cruz combined. Not to mention he has missed more games with injury than he has played since leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    New offense plus the injury. Doesn't mean that would have happened had he stayed here.

"Double Nicks and Cruz, make Manningham beat us" (Belichick in super bowl).

MM came thru.

+ Reply to Thread